“sell sell sell”
Review of Playa Brujas

Ranked #11 of 101 things to do in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Situated at the northern end of Mazatlan, this beach is great for surfers and beach bums alike.
Burnaby, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“sell sell sell”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This at one time used to be one of my favorite places to eat. The quality has gone down hill. There are so many guys there trying to sell you stuff that they have wandered away from making good food. I was not the only table there that night that was unsatisfied.

Edmonton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“drinks great...food - yuck.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I ordered the lobster and shrimp combo with a side of rib eye. Lobster okay, shrimp totally overcooked and steak so tough I was unable to cut. The drinks were delicious. Service not good (we were there twice).

Riverside, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Surfer's Paradise”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

If you enjoy surfing or just like to watch guys and gals hit the waves this is the place. Some nice vendors as well. And of course there's Mr. Lionso's restaurant.

Calgary, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“getting away from it all”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

if you like long sandy uncrowded ocean beaches, then check this one out....great hotels and the Playa Bruja restaurant has coconut camarones second to none...easy to swim in and a bit of a curl for those who like to surf...and quiet, very, very quiet....ahhhh

Visited February 2012
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

After all the raving reviews of mr. Lionsos restaurant we were bitterly dissatisfied with everything but the price. I order the garlic sautéed lobster, which i found completely flavorless besides the two inch layer of garlic power. You honestly couldn't even taste the lobster, the shrimp were mediocre, the ceviche had so much cilantro that that was all you could taste. My husbands steak was alright but again nothing to write home to the folks about. The atmosphere was nice and we enjoyed each others company, and the live music but not the food. I would not go back and I would not recommend this restaurant. On the flip side we made friends with people who went for supper the night before us and they said it was great, which leaves me wondering if A. Our friends were drunk while they were eating or B. The food is hit or miss. Also our first experience in Mexico where the staff weren't above and beyond.