“Gorgeous golf course”

Estrella Del Mar Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: 18-hole championship golf course built in 1996, and designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. The course layout is adjacent to the ocean where six of the holes and fairways are situated right off the beach. Tropical landscaping, clusters of palm trees lining the fairways, strategically placed bunkers, impeccably manicured greens and spectacular views. Estrella Del Mar hosted the 2011 Mexican PGA Championship for the first time May 5-8, just one of only two events held in Mexico on the Canadian Tour's 2011 schedule.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband is a golfer who used to gold a lot. This course
made him want to begin again. We're retired and found this
course quite by accident since we were simply looking for the
hotel Wyndham and didn't realize it had Estrella del Mar in front
of it. He said this would be the perfect fly-in golf vacation place!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

What a wonderful course! Mazatlan's best kept secret! Challenging course. Stay out of the rough though. Greens are very tricky!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Estrella Del Mar is an amazing resort. I stayed there this winter for a week with my family and had a great time. My wife and three kids truly had a blast. The best part about Estrella Del Mar is that it is away from the hustle and bustle of Mazatlan. If you are looking for lots of people watching and nightlife than Estrella Del Mar might not be for you. However, if you want amazing gold and a relaxing time you cant go wrong with Estrella Del Mar.

I know my wife was a bit reluctant to travel to Mexico with all of the “bad news” but once we arrived at Estrella Del Mar she commented on how safe she felt. We did hire a driver through the resort to drive us into town and act as our guide to show us the sites. The town of Mazatlan is very nice, but I don’t think my wife would have traveled into town without our “driver/interpreter.” Overall a great trip.

1  Thank TimP160
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I can't say enough about this golf curse. It is the most beautiful place to play. It's course would cost $300-$400 in California for 18 holes. Several of the greens are parallel with the beach. It's just beautiful !

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Front 9 greens were so-so. Back 9 greens were great and the overall condition was very good. A little pricey for mexico.