“Oustanding Location!”

Estrella Del Mar Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: 18-hole championship golf course built in 1996, and designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. The course layout is adjacent to the ocean where six of the holes and fairways are situated right off the beach. Tropical landscaping, clusters of palm trees lining the fairways, strategically placed bunkers, impeccably manicured greens and spectacular views. Estrella Del Mar hosted the 2011 Mexican PGA Championship for the first time May 5-8, just one of only two events held in Mexico on the Canadian Tour's 2011 schedule.
Beaumont, CA
Reviewed December 29, 2003

Estrella Del Mar's golf course was an excellent surprise and value. I have family in Mazatlan and had often wanted to play golf at El Cid which, for many years, was the only place to play. I made reservations to play there and later discovered Estrella Del Mar's web site while scouring the web for golf courses to play in Mazatlan. The afternoon rate is $69.00 (USD) and you can't beat it for value. The course was eerily lonely the first time I played it, but in absolutely perfect condition. The fairways are wide enough for the novice but the water and sand bunkers that line the fairways in several locations require careful shot selection. Some of the bunkers are 100 yards long! The greens are fairly true and can be challenging to reach safely because they are often protected by bunkers. While the course itself is reason enough to play, you'll want to save time for a round here because of the absolutely beautiful beach views you will be rewarded with. Some of the greens are a scant few yards from the sand and you can hear the waves coming in as you putt...absolutely fantastic location. While they are selling condominiums or time-shares there, we weren't approached once by any sales people.One word of caution. The golf carts are standard EZ-Gos and work well enough...until you try to stop them. For whatever reason, their carts' brakes don't work well and you will want to test yours before you end up behind your partner's cart on a downhill path. Play this course! You'll be happy you did.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed August 22, 2003

This is one of best courses I have ever played, and I have played a lot. The course was in great shape and the scenery was awesome. I would definately play there again if I go back to Mazatlan. Take the extra time to drive out there. It is much better than the El Cid course.

4  Thank weasel20
Chicago, Ill
Reviewed June 5, 2003

Played Estrella dle Mar after previous trip to Puerto vallarta. Better golf... better price... better service... on the ocean... Can't say much moreother than we loved it. Needs to be discovered.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 23, 2003

The course was absolutely fantastic, the staff was very helpful before our trip with information about transportation from the Golden Zone office. Price was reasonable in the afternoon for a resort type course. I hope they don't mess it up by making it an El Cid type course, keep it open for all to play, it is definitly worth an afternoon.

6  Thank PabloBoulder_CO
Reviewed February 15, 2002

My Buddy & I went down & Played 6 Rounds in 7 days.
It was fabulous. We left our sticks with the staff who locked them up for us and we travelled back & forth every day from town/hotel on the van supplied by the club.
We had the place to ourselves and in fact played with one of the volunteer Marshals. All the staff treated us like members. The food at the clubhouse is great and the course pays different everyday depenidng on the wind. there are very few holes not on the ocean.
I'm going back next year.

21  Thank A TripAdvisor Member