“Bunkers everywhere”

Estrella Del Mar Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: 18-hole championship golf course built in 1996, and designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. The course layout is adjacent to the ocean where six of the holes and fairways are situated right off the beach. Tropical landscaping, clusters of palm trees lining the fairways, strategically placed bunkers, impeccably manicured greens and spectacular views. Estrella Del Mar hosted the 2011 Mexican PGA Championship for the first time May 5-8, just one of only two events held in Mexico on the Canadian Tour's 2011 schedule.
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I shot a 95 could have been lower but I was In the sand all day.
I saw the beer cart girl on the range when I arrived grabed a Pacifico and then played 27 holes with out seeing her again... The bar was decent 31Pessos for a beer. $75USD range/round/cart Probably could have played more holes free but I had a ride at 3pm

Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is a little piece of paradise. The service is really excellent, and you will not go hungry or thirsty, even while out on the golf cart.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

Spectacular golf course and seaside condos. New hotel and spa are a much needed upgrade.

Reviewed April 15, 2011

After going through winter with snow on the ground since early November it was a great break to be able to get the clubs out for the first time since last October. The swing was a little rusty but the course was forgiving enough not to get too frustrated. The course itself was in immaculate condition. You can tell the workers take pride in what they do. I wish the course workers around home took half as much pride in their job. The workers are also very courteous and always friendly with a wave and a smile.

This was the third year in a row we golfed the course at EDM and every year we marvel at it. Firstly there are no crowds. It is busier in the morning then the afternoon. My wife and I usually got done in 3.5 hours. I did play a round by myself in about 2.5 hours.

There are a lot of bunkers that come into play on many of the holes. In one round I think I spent more time in the 'beach' on the course then the on the beach by the ocean that day. They were not overly hard in getting out of. There is quite a bit of water as well but it didn't come too much into play at least not for me. The conditions of the fairways and greens was excellant. Very true rolls on the green.

Best of all it was a tremendous value. After 1:00 the guest rate was only $52/round including cart.

Wish I was still there....cause I don't think I'll be golfing at home for at least another month. Ah Duluth gotta love it!

Reviewed November 13, 2010

This resort is a beautiful, well manicured, tropical paradise with miles of beaches and coconut trees. Tisha and I love the enormous infinity edge pools right on the beach (and with Internet access) that allow us to watch our 6 and 7 year old as they run back and fourth to the ocean and pool.

Our family enjoyed long walks on the beach with no loud hotels or peddlers to interupt our time. I read a review about the hotel in 2008 that wasn't real pleased, but that must have been the old hotel before the beautiful new hotel that was finished in 2010. The rooms are palacial and the restaurant and other amenities were fantastic for us.

We will be back!