My husband sent my friend and I to Mazatlan for my 33rd birthday. We were amongst the youngest people staying at this hotel. The hotel and staff were great, but Fidel was by far the best. He is one of the waiters at the pool. There are two pool areas and both are very nice. However, the water in the pool that had activities such as bingo, volleyball, etc was too warm to take a dip in when the sun got too hot. We spent most of our time at the other pool. As two young attractive women, we felt some of the male staff were overbearing and, at times, obnoxious. Fidel brought us unique drinks and attended our needs with friendly professionalism.
It was fun to watch the boats come into the marina, the beautiful sunsets from our balcony, and the wide variety of iguanas that visited the pool side area daily.
The only thing this hotel really lacked was nightlife or entertainment for the 20-30 somethings that want to stay up past 9 o'clock. Oh, the food at the restaurant was lacking a bit too, so if you're a "foodie" you'd want to go to town for a nice dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and impeccable luxury of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubs and El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, peaceful private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers a memorable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beach reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Two restaurants • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport • Pronatours Tour Desk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach