Just back from a 2 week stay at this impressive resort. We never felt unsafe there or anywhere in Mazatlan. The grounds of the resort are impressive and extremely well kept. The resort has 3 restaurants, a large marina, 2 large pools, a huge hot jacuzzi, a lovely beach which is a very short (2 minute) ferry ride away, and (one of us used) a medical clinic.
Our unit was spacious and spotless with maid service twice a day. All units seem to have balconies with a view of the marina. The service was always extremely friendly and efficient.
We did the all inclusive for the first week only. There was plenty of food and drink always available. We are not much for drinking but I will tell you the beer was good and cold and the wine was fine. I saw a lot of fancy drinks being delivered pool and beachside.
We found the food at the pool restaurants was good. The breakfast buffet in the main dinning room was also good. The buffet dinners in the main dining room a few of the nights were nothing to write home about. We had 2 dinners at a sister resort's a la carte Italian restaurant(included in the all inclusive) which we really enjoyed. Overall at $45 a day a person not a bad buy. It would have been cheaper if we agreed to sit through a timeshare presentation-we did that before-never to do that again!
We used the spa at their sister resort, The Granada, and that was wonderful. With the massage you can use the sauna and steam bath. The brochure does not mention this so ask just what is included.
The bottom line, El Cid Marina Beach Hotel is a gem of a resort and if you stay there you will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and impeccable luxury of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubs and El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, peaceful private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers a memorable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beach reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Two restaurants • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport • Pronatours Tour Desk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach