We spent one week In late August. We really enjoyed the property and all the activities available. Let's start with the rooms - the rooms were spotlessly clean, all tile floors. We were in bldg A, which had a great view of the ocean, the entrance to the marina, and one of the main islands known as the bird sanctuary.
The pools: on the marina property there were two pools, calypso and the iguana. Since we were in bldg A, we spent mornings and evenings here. The special thing about this pool are the caves and the rock formation that the kids can jump off of. Lot's of fun. Also, there is a hot tub, and many cabanas (ez-ups) that allow you to get out of the sun. The pool lives up to its name- there were many iguanas around.
The other pool was the calypso, which was shallower, and mostly warm. There were also crafts at this area for the kids. We only went to this pool for a change of pace.
There is beach access, across the marina, which requires a very short boat ride. The beach was clean, and had many palapas to sit under. The ocean water was warm, and had some good body surfing when the swell came in. Also, the sand was smooth, not coarse and rough. There was also nice bathrooms and a shower to rinse off after being in the ocean.
We also went to the El Moro and Castilla pools. The Castilla pool is much larger, but with no jumping off the rocks allowed.....the El Moro pool is more fun - due to the activities and Rock jumping. Enrique and Bruno got us engaged in exercise and darts, etc. There is also access to the ocean, which does have boogie boarding with nice waves and warm water. The guys at Aqua Sport were nice with Isaac giving good recommendations. We also took a surfing lesson from One Way surf shop (arranged with Isaac). Our lesson was given by Javier, and lasted for over two hours. We really enjoyed that part of the trip. We surfed nice easy swell, with sand bottom. Fun boards, water, rash guards, towels, were all included. Thanks to Javier for the great lesson and great fun.
Food- at each of the pools, there was standard fare, from seafood to burgers to steak (arrachera). All great to satisfy the hunger you get from doing nothing all day but swimming and relaxing! We generally had lunch at one of the pools or beach spot each day. Thans to Jesus, Alberto, Alberto, Ricardo, Miguel, and others for the great service!
Breakfast was also good with mostly buffet and tortilla and egg stations avaiable. We ate the Marina restaurant each day because of proximity to our room. The tortilla and omelette chef were really good - I can't remember their names though.
Dinner- we really enjoyed the El Patio - the Argentinian restaurant. We had a great waiter Jonathan who really took care of us. We ate there 4 times for the food and view and sunsets. Really nice.
WiFi was available across the entire property. 300 pesos for the week.
We did not do the time share presentation or any of the excursions besides surfing lessons. We did get the massage from Josefa, which was also excellent. We had ours outside near the Iguana pool/grill.
Front desk staff and the property management were also very attentive to our needs. Luis, Armando, Jorge, all friendly and professional. Also all the shuttle drivers were very nice as well, and bellhop named Avi. There were many others, just don't remember their names.
All in all great place, lots to do, very clean. Great service, great staff, great room. My family also really enjoyed it (kids 5, 7, 9). We would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and impeccable luxury of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubs and El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, peaceful private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers a memorable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beach reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Two restaurants • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport • Pronatours Tour Desk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach