My husband and I and another couple spent 6 days and celebrated New Year's Eve at the El Cid Marina Mazatlan. The staff that works for the hotel itself is really great. Special mentions to Fidel and Carlos at the Iguana Bar, Jesus in the Lobby Bar, Javier in the restaurant and Armando at the front desk. They were so much fun and also very attentive! These people really understand customer service! We found the food to be really good, especially around the pools. Everything is fresh and very tasty!
The beds are ridiculously hard and be careful if you are sharing a room and it says for 4 adults...One couple has to sleep on a pull out sofa in the living room. No one could get any sleep on the pull out sofa so don't think that can take the place of a bed even for your kids. That was one of the main complaints we had and we heard it every day from someone around the pool. The maid service is great and the rooms are always clean. Certain times of the day, there would be no hot water for showering.
There are other people that looked like employees milling around that are part of the "time share" or "vacation club" piece of El Cid. If you ask then a question, they will give you an answer. 99% of the time it is not the truth. These are definitely salespeople and will tell you anything to try to get you to their presentations. They told us we had elite wrist bands (so you can have lobster and steak dinners and premium liquors), had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite and were getting a city tour one day. None of those items ever happened and we spent many hours trying to get the items promised. Of course, the salesmen promised, but then the poor hotel employees got stuck dealing with us many times a day trying to get what we had been promised (and they did everything they could to make us happy, but their hands are tied!)
Overall, it was a great trip and the 4 of us travel together a lot and make our own fun (there were NO activities...except Bingo once a day).
I probably wouldn't go back to this hotel because of the beds (and no sleep made everyone grumpy), but if they get new mattresses, it would be a much greater hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and impeccable luxury of one of Mexico's finest beachfront properties located just five minutes from the cultural epicenter of Mazatlan's Golden Zone with attractive shops, restaurants, nightclubs and El Cid Golf & Country Club. This premier Mediterranean-style hotel is the preferred secluded spot for families who want to reconnect or couples looking for romance. Defined by our unparalleled hospitality, amazing marina-front location, inviting swimming pools, peaceful private beach and tantalizing cuisine, El Cid Marina Beach offers a memorable vacation experience. • Beautifully Appointed Suites • European, All-Inclusive & Elite All-inclusive Plans • Upscale Atmosphere • Secluded Golden Sandy Beach reachable by a quick water taxi ride • Two restaurants • Two pools and a spacious Jacuzzi • Two Snack Bars • Full Service Marina with Aries Sports fishing Fleet • Access to facilities of three nearby El Cid hotels and El Cid Golf & Country Club by complimentary shuttle • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Only 20 miles from Mazatlan Airport • Pronatours Tour Desk in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your El Cid Marina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid
- El Cid Marina Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Hotel
- El Cid Mazatlan Mexico
- El Cid Marina Mazatlan
- Mazatlan El Cid
- Hotel El Cid Marina Beach