1,757 results
All reviewspueblo bonitoemerald bayluxury suitepb maztime sharegolden zoneactivities staffsister resortsmaller poolthe beach is greatfree shuttlesecond homeyear after yearbeach vendorsjust returned from a weekshrimpmaster suite
Reviewed April 30, 2012

My sister has a timeshare "ownership" at PB Mazatlan (we can use the Emeral Bay facility also)so e/o year we book two adjacent Jr. Suites (this year we were bumped up into 1BRs...imagine, 4 females with 4 bathrooms - HEAVEN!) and my daughter and a friend join us for a week! We arrived Sat. 4/14 just at the end of the Easter Week holiday so there were lots of families and KIDS, but by Sunday they had departed so it was much quieter and calmer. (Nothing against kids but we were on OUR school system's Spring Break and definitely needed a rest!) Sunday we did the PB Emerald Bay time share tour (again) with no hassles and received a total of $400 US credit toward charges to our rooms at either facility. It's simple, agree to the tour, making the PB promoter happy, take the tour( it's lovely), enjoy breakfast, receive your credit vouchers and enjoy the day there. Thye run regular shuttles between the two resorts. We enjoy EB but prefer PBMazatlan because it's smaller, right on the beach, more traditional with terracotta and painted tiles and right in the heart of cafes, shops, grocery shops, etc. Also, right across the street in a covered little "mall" is Luna Massage, run by a lovely woman with limited English, but for $20 US cash you get the BEST massage , certainly one of my all-time favorites and had the Hot Stone massage in Hawaii! It was so great we each booked two!
Because we had the room credit we opted out of the all-inclusive meals and beverages 3 or 7 day package. We camped at the pools for water aerobics, volleyball, trivia games, bingo, beach walking, etc and the daily HAPPY HOUR 4-5pm. (EB has a movable HH that progresses around the different bars!) We ate tons of guacamole and shrimp and bought tickets for the Pool Bash, which was fun! Won at Bingo a Buffet Breakfast for 2 at their restaurant, again terrific!
Good breakfast spots are Pancho's and Juanita's across the street and down a little way. Had suppers at Chili's Pepper and Fat Fish and take-out from the Fish Market. Servings are ample so there were leftovers to put in the fridge and supplement for other dinners. We always shop at Gilberto's for gifts to take home. He's great and always gives a good discount. We shopped around and do know the bottom line! He carries items that you can't get from the beach vendors, who DO leave you alone when you give a clear message of NO THANK YOU! It's fun of course to get some silver jewelry on the beach! We also got henna tattoos our last night and that was a blast...shocked my husband who knew I will never get the permanent kind!!!
So, we enjoyed ourselves, as always. It's a great spot, very friendly and helpful staff, lots of fun, no worries, all suites have small kitchens, it's good for families, and a wonderful place for R & R!

Room Tip: We prefer to be in the "newer" section on the ground floor so our patio is right there onto the stream and grass with the turtles, flamingos and birds!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank PirateWildWoman
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is an authentic Mexican resort. It is in town and an easy walk to shopping and restaurants. The beach is flat and fun to play in. The waiters, bellmen and front desk people were a lot less friendly this year. I really did not appreciate checking in at the front desk and then having to go over to the timeshare representative to get your room key. After a ten minute discussion she informed us that we needed to give her $20.00 to hold our timeshare reservation. We didn't even want to go to a timeshare, we are owners. I finally told her no and just went up to the bellman and told him we had been traveling all night, we're extremely tired and we just want our keys. He got them for us. The food was not as good as in previous years! The worst part about this place is that they have taken away the internet connection from the pool area. Now to get online you have to go to the hotspot at the internet cafe where they have exactly enough seating for 6 people. Lots and lots of people were always there trying to get online. When there were no seats outside, I went into the internet cafe to sit down with my laptop. The girl (who isn't friendly at all) told me that I couldn't sit in there. This does not make one feel comfortable at all. We are donating our timeshare to charity, won't be back. Also, the air pollution in Mazatlan is sickening. Worse than Los Angeles back in the 70's, it makes for a beautiful sunset though.

Room Tip: Give a big tip when you are checking in.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank motherpw
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel was spectacular. All rooms have a balcony with an ocean view. The restaraunts were amazing. The beach was kept up daily. Mateo and Luis were phenomenal waiters who kept us in food and drink the whole time we were on the beach or by the pool. The conierge and front desk staff were extremely helpfull as well. If I ever go back to Mazatlan, I will not even consider another hotel. The only down side is the pushy women trying to sell a time share to pueblo bonito emeral bay. We just opted out of the breakfast when they tried to set it up and after a few days, they quit asking us. Other reviews talk about it being "older", but I viewed it as charm. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a balcony that doesn't overlook the pool so the palm trees don't block your view of the ocean. However, the plus to the palm trees are that it doesn't get too hot to sit on the balcony in the afternoon though.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Heather G
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Fantastic location, easy access to buses and gorcery store, and no better access to the playa in all of Mazatlan....100 yards from my room!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank japtexan
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed at Pueblo Bonito the first week in January 2012. The weather was warm, it could have been warmer for my taste. It was quite breezy so if you were in the shade it was a tad cool. I guess that time of year it can be variable. The staff was very friendly and everything was kept very clean. The beach was great for sand castles, beach soccer and playing in the waves for my 10 year old son. It was a nice stretch of beach to walk on towards the rocks. We walked the other way one day, but it was much tougher walking with all the breakwaters and loose sand. We ate at Cilantros a couple times, very good. The drinks were costly, we only bought drinks during the happy hour at the quiet pool. Didn't take advantage of the activities, we did do the make your own bracelet, good thing it was free, as there wasn't much involved. It is nice to be able to walk to all the different restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: the Pueblo section has full refrigerators if you are going to be eating in the room. Beach front rooms are nice. We were on the bottom floor. I would have preferred the 2nd or 3rd floor, as I didn't feel comfortable leaving the sliding doors open.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family