1,756 results
All reviewspueblo bonitoemerald bayluxury suitepb maztime sharegolden zoneactivities staffsister resortsmaller poolthe beach is greatfree shuttlesecond homeyear after yearbeach vendorsboogie boardingjust returned from a weekshrimp
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This hotel was spectacular. All rooms have a balcony with an ocean view. The restaraunts were amazing. The beach was kept up daily. Mateo and Luis were phenomenal waiters who kept us in food and drink the whole time we were on the beach or by the pool. The conierge and front desk staff were extremely helpfull as well. If I ever go back to Mazatlan, I will not even consider another hotel. The only down side is the pushy women trying to sell a time share to pueblo bonito emeral bay. We just opted out of the breakfast when they tried to set it up and after a few days, they quit asking us. Other reviews talk about it being "older", but I viewed it as charm. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a balcony that doesn't overlook the pool so the palm trees don't block your view of the ocean. However, the plus to the palm trees are that it doesn't get too hot to sit on the balcony in the afternoon though.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Heather G
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Fantastic location, easy access to buses and gorcery store, and no better access to the playa in all of Mazatlan....100 yards from my room!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank japtexan
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed at Pueblo Bonito the first week in January 2012. The weather was warm, it could have been warmer for my taste. It was quite breezy so if you were in the shade it was a tad cool. I guess that time of year it can be variable. The staff was very friendly and everything was kept very clean. The beach was great for sand castles, beach soccer and playing in the waves for my 10 year old son. It was a nice stretch of beach to walk on towards the rocks. We walked the other way one day, but it was much tougher walking with all the breakwaters and loose sand. We ate at Cilantros a couple times, very good. The drinks were costly, we only bought drinks during the happy hour at the quiet pool. Didn't take advantage of the activities, we did do the make your own bracelet, good thing it was free, as there wasn't much involved. It is nice to be able to walk to all the different restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: the Pueblo section has full refrigerators if you are going to be eating in the room. Beach front rooms are nice. We were on the bottom floor. I would have preferred the 2nd or 3rd floor, as I didn't feel comfortable leaving the sliding doors open.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue P
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Spent time at this resort the last week in March. Very happy with eveything.
We didn't do the all-inclusive. Bought groceries across the road and shrimp off the guy on the beach. It was a quiet week before the Easter influx so we had no problem getting loungers on the beach or by the pool.
Whole complex was very clean and staff very friendly. Loved that it was a small hotel with only 5 floors. Felt more intimate than those huge places.
When we checked in we were directed to the time-share people. We said we had no money and they left it at that. A few days later they phoned the room and I said I wasn't interested. I didn't feel I was hassled at all.
Would definately return to this great resort.

Room Tip: Ask for 4th floor as you get a great view of the sunset.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CalgaryCar0le
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed at Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan. Although the rooms are old and in need of a rehab, it was very clean & pleasant. Staff was extremely friendly (other than the time share sharks!). We had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the beach-the sound of waves put us to sleep each nite Our biggest complaint was the fact that the "quiet" smaller pool was not...alot of kids running around, screaming. Sunday must be "local" day when the staff is allowed to bring their families-loud, hot tub filled with kids. And we laughed about the drinks-at $7.00 a piece, there was barely a hint of alcohol in them-we bought our own tequila and mixed our own!! The Emerald Bay Pueblo Bonito was much more posh but we prefer to be in a neighborhood to walk to various restaurants, stores-not out in the sticks. Toured the entire city and felt extremely safe the whole vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the beach. Our friends room overlooked the pool and it was noisey.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple