Ways to Experience Golden Zone
from $38.98
More Info
from $41.03
More Info
All reviews lots of shops great shopping tourist area nice beaches zona dorada typical tourist golf cart open air taxi visited mazatlan old town nice walk felt very safe shrimp city tour restaurants panchos tourists
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2020

We have been here many times over the years. The area is not as popular with cruise folks like ourselves as it used to be. Many cruise people are staying on board or staying in the port area perhaps out of concern for safety or because there is not much here. Shopping is not great and is limited to about 4-5 short blocks. If you have never been then it is worth a try. My wife and I have never had a security issue getting here or while in the area. The beach is not very nice but there are some fun activities available. Several places to eat on the beach are good with Panchos being excellent. Overall we vote for the ships to pass this port up.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed January 11, 2020

I wasn't impressed. Too many vendors trying to sell you stuff, though they usually don’t persist if you say no. Every taxi asked us if we wanted a ride, which got annoying. The area seemed pretty rundown. Also, though there are a lot of restaurants, there is little variety, and I had a hard time finding a place that I wasn't a seafood place, that being said, the public beaches are nice, but I personally liked the beach at my resort better, and the area is safe for tourists, but I felt pretty safe in all parts of Mazatlan.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Lots to see, went and bought t-shirts and look around . Felt totally safe . Met a volunteer who was very helpful in sharing her knowledge of mazatlan

Reviewed December 27, 2019

Hotels etc are great, as are the restaurants. Not impressed by
the local bands that want you to pay to play, or pay for them to go away.

Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

Visited the golden zone while in port on a cruise. Took an open air taxi from the port and back for $10 each way. Taxi ride was super fun and the driver pointed out the attractions. Lots to see and great shopping in this area. Only wish I had brought my bathing suit. The beach here is really beautiful with a good variety of restaurants too. Can easily spend the whole day here.

2  Thank Trish416