“Simply the best Hotel anywhere!”

Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 5, 2013

As a frequent guest of the Hotel Playa Mazatlan I arrived with already high expectations, these were quickly exceeded and as I had one of the best weeks of my life! As a travel proffesional I have stayed at other resorts in Mazatlan but always return to the Hotel Playa Mazatlan and I have decided to make this wonderful resort the specialty property for my website! I found out by the wonderful staff that this was my 20th stay at the property and I will be returning several more times including for Carnaval 2014! I would like to thank Lance the GM and Abril his assistant for going far out thier way to accommidate my wishes including a full tour of the property (it is an amazing place!) with several pools,spas, a first class weight room, day care, a zip line and a cave with water falls and a pyramid on the south side of the property! I would also like to thank Kirria for always handling my reservations flawlessly.

The staff including Humberto, Ana, Carlos and Vicente all remembered me by name which is always complimental and my room (ocean view 110 this time) was fantastic! The food at Casa Roberto and Georgini's was outragously good and of course the dining and entertainment at La Terraza are the best in Mazatlan! My room and the grounds were always spotless and The Hotel Playa Mazatlan by far has the best beach of any resort in town. The resort is also in the middle of the hottest area in the Golden Zone with several restuarants, sports bars and night clubs with in walking distance. I can't wait for my next trip to the Hotel Playa and I can truly say I feel like this is my second home! Come to the Hotel Playa Mazatlan, you'll never want to leave!

Room Tip: I recommend the Ocean View rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank parexcursion
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear valued guest (Parexcursion)

I am writing in response to your most valuable post “Simply the best Hotel Anywhere “I am thrilled to hear that after 20 years of travel, you are still enthralled by our facilities, amenities, staff and location. It is always a pleasure to hear that we are able to make an impact n our guests. I will be looking forward to next time we meet and hopefully we can make time to catch up and hear about your success with establishing your site. It is not every day that i get to meet a client that has had an opportunity to interact with my grandfather and father as both a client and a business partner. I will personally let Abril, Kiria, Humberto, Ana, Carlos and Vicente know that they received a commendation on your behalf. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can help you on your next reservation.
Best wishes and Safe travels,
ltvient@hotelplayamazatlan.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,856)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent nearly a week at Playa Mazatlan. The room was great, overlooking the beach with a deck. The view and surf were totally beautiful and relaxing. There were four pools (and a hot tub) which were well used. On the beach were palm leaf covered areas to get out of the sun. The ocean was very comfortable and fun. We did not do the all inclusive but did get breakfast. It was a nice buffet of traditional Mexican and American foods. Since we went down before 8AM, we had a seat on the beach. The dining room was open on three sides, which was delightful. In the evenings, there were other places to eat and a couple of places for entertainment. The staff were well trained and attentive. They mopped and swept constantly but not obtrusively.
We walked around the neighborhoods, hopped a bus to the city center and market, walked the Malecon (large sidewalk along the water), ate and drank in local places and had a great time.
I highly recommend this place.
It was an excellent place for the reasonable price that we paid. Apparently many others got a good deal too since it was busy, but that made it festive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ka H
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear valued guest (Ka H)

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment about our resort, destination and amenities, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

After reading hundreds of reviews, I felt Hotel Playa would be the best resort for my 6 yr. old grandson & myself. I made the PERFECT choice!! We visted in May and have already reserved for November; just can't stay away! I can't say enough good about this hotel; the staff were friendly (thank you Rodolfo & Concierge Elizabeth for all your assistance). The ocean-view room was spotless, and I can still hear the peaceful sounds of the waves (fabulous sunsets!). Firm beds, which I prefer. The all-inclusive? Delicious breakfast (we were usually too full for lunch), Italian restaurant's food is to die for, Casa Roberto was also excellent! I don't understand complaints about the AI - perfect for families spending most of their time at the resort! The beach was clean & much nicer than a resort down the way (just a couple jelly fish to contend with), plenty of chairs and Palapas. I was leary of leaving my grandson at Kid's Club alone; no worries, the staff watch over the children like they are their own. It's very safe & secure, as is the entire resort. My grandson loved it, even tho he couldn't speak Spanish with the other children. Zipline, caves to explore; there was so much to do & not enough time in the day! We enjoyed the shows; Carribean & Mexican, and a delicious BBQ. My only regret: we had to leave too soon.....I cried (at 62) because I didn't want to leave! 7 nights instead of 6 next time. Requested room 3006 again; it was perfect for us. Oh BTW, let your kids know the cartoons are in Spanish :-) He got used to it real quick tho, and didn't complain :-). Can't wait to get back to Hotel Playa, and will never stay anywhere else again!! Now I understand why people keep coming back year after year to the very same hotel. It doesn't get any better than this, in my opinion! Thank you, everyone at Hotel Playa, for an unforgetable Mexican experience!

Room Tip: An ocean view in the tower would be my choice again!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank imissMaz

Dear valued guest (imissMaz)

Let me begin by saying that I love your screen name, and second that by thanking you for taking the time to post such a wonderful comment. I am excited to hear that we have one the opportunity to have you visit us again and continue to create unforgettable experiences for you and your family, my only regret is that I do not believe I had the chance to meet you personally, please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. We will continue to strive for excellence and new additions that will make your stay at the end of the year be full of brand new experiences.

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 22, 2013

attended family wedding and made a holiday of the opportunity . wedding arranged superbly with the help of the owners personal attention. friendly staff, resonable facilities, right on a great beach. bars serve good quality drinks on all inclusive, food was standard but very very good in two themed restaurants, mexican and italian, we ate there as often as we wished. local to all shops and attractions. several kids pools but main pool could be bigger. what was very impressive was an amazing attitude to cleanliness throughout the hotel. party of eighty(80) and not one case of delhi belly .

Room Tip: sea views have the edge. some dont have fridges so ask
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank crustycruse
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear valued guest (crustycruse)

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment about our facilities and service, I am in awe that you would have traveled so far, but it was to be expected for Katie and Sean. It was great fun getting to meet you and the rest of the family and friends; we hope you will take the time to come visit us again. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We just stayed there recently for a friend's wedding and enjoyed everything about it! The rooms were nice, staff was friendly.....and thoroughly enjoyed our massages as well! Would like to thank the staff for all they did for our friends...to make it a gorgeous wedding! Hope to make it back down there one day!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear valued guest (KLambert13)

Thank you for your kind words about our property, staff and the experience we were able to create. We hope you will come down and visit again soon, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our experience at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan, the site of our daughter's wedding on June 1st. Everything was truly superb! The hotel and its grounds were gorgeous--and immaculate!--and its location in the Golden Zone couldn't have been more appealing for those of us who love to shop. The management's and staff's attention given to everyone in our group the entire time we were there (about 5 days for most of us) far exceeded all our expectations. (As the mother of the bride, I felt a little guilty for not having to do more to get ready for a wedding . . . these folks did it all for us, and they did it to perfection.) Thank you, Lance Vient and all your staff, for an exceptional "Destination Wedding" experience. We will be back, and I can assure you that the Hotel Playa Mazatlan is going to receive rave reviews from all 80 of us who were!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear valued guest (SKS248)

It was both a great honor and a privilege to have all of you down here, and for Katie to trust in us to accomplish such a memorable date. I truly appreciate your kind words about me, our staff and the facilities of the hotel, I will let everyone know of your comments, and we will look forward to having you back on a more relaxing vacation in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or travel needs. It was a pleasure to meet all of you.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

It was one of the best vacations to date! The location, accommodations and staff were excellent. I would recommend it to anyone or group traveling to Mazatlan. The environment was absolutely perfect for the wedding I traveled there for. Lance and his staff were able to meet every request we had with no questions asked.

• Stayed: May 2013
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear valued guest (kid1010)

I would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff, accommodations and service. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to meet the expectations set forth by the Cruse – Schliessman wedding group. We will look forward to perhaps hosting either another destination wedding for you guys, or even just a relaxing vacation. Please stay in touch and let me know if I can personally be of service.