“a piece of paradise” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Bellingham, Washington
“a piece of paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We spent nearly a week at Playa Mazatlan. The room was great, overlooking the beach with a deck. The view and surf were totally beautiful and relaxing. There were four pools (and a hot tub) which were well used. On the beach were palm leaf covered areas to get out of the sun. The ocean was very comfortable and fun. We did not do the all inclusive but did get breakfast. It was a nice buffet of traditional Mexican and American foods. Since we went down before 8AM, we had a seat on the beach. The dining room was open on three sides, which was delightful. In the evenings, there were other places to eat and a couple of places for entertainment. The staff were well trained and attentive. They mopped and swept constantly but not obtrusively.
We walked around the neighborhoods, hopped a bus to the city center and market, walked the Malecon (large sidewalk along the water), ate and drank in local places and had a great time.
I highly recommend this place.
It was an excellent place for the reasonable price that we paid. Apparently many others got a good deal too since it was busy, but that made it festive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ka H
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear valued guest (Ka H)

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment about our resort, destination and amenities, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Best wishes,
ltvient@hotelplayamazatlan.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

After reading hundreds of reviews, I felt Hotel Playa would be the best resort for my 6 yr. old grandson & myself. I made the PERFECT choice!! We visted in May and have already reserved for November; just can't stay away! I can't say enough good about this hotel; the staff were friendly (thank you Rodolfo & Concierge Elizabeth for all your assistance). The ocean-view room was spotless, and I can still hear the peaceful sounds of the waves (fabulous sunsets!). Firm beds, which I prefer. The all-inclusive? Delicious breakfast (we were usually too full for lunch), Italian restaurant's food is to die for, Casa Roberto was also excellent! I don't understand complaints about the AI - perfect for families spending most of their time at the resort! The beach was clean & much nicer than a resort down the way (just a couple jelly fish to contend with), plenty of chairs and Palapas. I was leary of leaving my grandson at Kid's Club alone; no worries, the staff watch over the children like they are their own. It's very safe & secure, as is the entire resort. My grandson loved it, even tho he couldn't speak Spanish with the other children. Zipline, caves to explore; there was so much to do & not enough time in the day! We enjoyed the shows; Carribean & Mexican, and a delicious BBQ. My only regret: we had to leave too soon.....I cried (at 62) because I didn't want to leave! 7 nights instead of 6 next time. Requested room 3006 again; it was perfect for us. Oh BTW, let your kids know the cartoons are in Spanish :-) He got used to it real quick tho, and didn't complain :-). Can't wait to get back to Hotel Playa, and will never stay anywhere else again!! Now I understand why people keep coming back year after year to the very same hotel. It doesn't get any better than this, in my opinion! Thank you, everyone at Hotel Playa, for an unforgetable Mexican experience!

Room Tip: An ocean view in the tower would be my choice again!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank imissMaz
Dear valued guest (imissMaz)

Let me begin by saying that I love your screen name, and second that by thanking you for taking the time to post such a wonderful comment. I am excited to hear that we have one the opportunity to have you visit us again and continue to create unforgettable experiences for you and your family, my only regret is that I do not believe I had the chance to meet you personally, please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. We will continue to strive for excellence and new additions that will make your stay at the end of the year be full of brand new experiences.

Best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

attended family wedding and made a holiday of the opportunity . wedding arranged superbly with the help of the owners personal attention. friendly staff, resonable facilities, right on a great beach. bars serve good quality drinks on all inclusive, food was standard but very very good in two themed restaurants, mexican and italian, we ate there as often as we wished. local to all shops and attractions. several kids pools but main pool could be bigger. what was very impressive was an amazing attitude to cleanliness throughout the hotel. party of eighty(80) and not one case of delhi belly .

Room Tip: sea views have the edge. some dont have fridges so ask
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank crustycruse
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear valued guest (crustycruse)

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a positive comment about our facilities and service, I am in awe that you would have traveled so far, but it was to be expected for Katie and Sean. It was great fun getting to meet you and the rest of the family and friends; we hope you will take the time to come visit us again. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We just stayed there recently for a friend's wedding and enjoyed everything about it! The rooms were nice, staff was friendly.....and thoroughly enjoyed our massages as well! Would like to thank the staff for all they did for our friends...to make it a gorgeous wedding! Hope to make it back down there one day!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear valued guest (KLambert13)

Thank you for your kind words about our property, staff and the experience we were able to create. We hope you will come down and visit again soon, please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Wimberley, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I can't say enough good things about our experience at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan, the site of our daughter's wedding on June 1st. Everything was truly superb! The hotel and its grounds were gorgeous--and immaculate!--and its location in the Golden Zone couldn't have been more appealing for those of us who love to shop. The management's and staff's attention given to everyone in our group the entire time we were there (about 5 days for most of us) far exceeded all our expectations. (As the mother of the bride, I felt a little guilty for not having to do more to get ready for a wedding . . . these folks did it all for us, and they did it to perfection.) Thank you, Lance Vient and all your staff, for an exceptional "Destination Wedding" experience. We will be back, and I can assure you that the Hotel Playa Mazatlan is going to receive rave reviews from all 80 of us who were!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear valued guest (SKS248)

It was both a great honor and a privilege to have all of you down here, and for Katie to trust in us to accomplish such a memorable date. I truly appreciate your kind words about me, our staff and the facilities of the hotel, I will let everyone know of your comments, and we will look forward to having you back on a more relaxing vacation in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or travel needs. It was a pleasure to meet all of you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

It was one of the best vacations to date! The location, accommodations and staff were excellent. I would recommend it to anyone or group traveling to Mazatlan. The environment was absolutely perfect for the wedding I traveled there for. Lance and his staff were able to meet every request we had with no questions asked.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear valued guest (kid1010)

I would like to thank you for your kind words about our staff, accommodations and service. I am so pleased to hear that we were able to meet the expectations set forth by the Cruse – Schliessman wedding group. We will look forward to perhaps hosting either another destination wedding for you guys, or even just a relaxing vacation. Please stay in touch and let me know if I can personally be of service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Hotel Playa staff and management were incredible. They anticipated and fulfilled all of our needs and expectations. Clean property, wonderful service, and a smiling face everywhere! The beach location and the proximity to all the other shops and restaurants in the "Golden Zone" were perfect...walking distance to everything! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear valued guest (Fedoraman)

We can’t wait to have you back! I am glad to hear that everything met or exceeded expectations, please don’t hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of personal service.