“Best Christmas!!”

Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is the third time we have spent Christmas at the Hotel Playa. As always, everything was great. The staff always remembers us. My kids love Christmas (or any other time) here. The beach cannot be beat. There are many activities for the kids and adults to enjoy. A great vacation!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear valued guest (Dsandman)

Thank you so much once again, for your continued support and appreciation. You guys will always be received as family her and we look forward to having the opportunity to celebrate many more memories with you and yours.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Playa Mazatlan

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We recently returned from Mazatlan. While there we stayed at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan. We have stayed there before and plan on returning every year. The employees go above and beyond what is expected of them. The hotel location is perfect. Centrally located and within walking distance or a short Pulmonia (taxi) ride to ample restaurants and shopping. If you go to Mazatlan check out the following: Huana Coa Zipline/Tequila Factory Tour, Stone Island Tour, Old Mazatlan for shopping or you can buy your own shrimp and lobster then take it across the street to a place to have it cooked and served the way you like (I reccommend El Ancla De Oro), Friday nights at Gringo Lingo's for dinner and karaoke, Diego's for dinner and live music. There are so many more that I could add. You make your own adventure.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room for great sunsets.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear valued guest (AlanC)

It sounds like you are a returned traveler to our port, and I am happy to hear that we have had the opportunity to be listed as one of your recommendations, I can only say that I agree with pretty much all of them, I would also recommend the trip to EL Quelite for the day, there you will have the opportunity to have great food and watch a traditional Ulama game. We hope to be of service to you again soon, please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service personally.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband & I have been coming to the Playa for more than 34 yrs, & our children & grandkids now also vacation in Mazatlan, this yr was a testing one for us, we arrived at the playa on the 10th of Jan. and on the 16th of Jan. my husband suffered a stroke, words can not express the
kindness and help we received from the playa, from the time he suffered the stroke the hotel had a doc and ambulance at the hotel in less than 15 minutes, the security guards were in the room in less than 5 minutes taking charge, we were treated at Sharp hospital with a stay of 8 days, during that time the owners of the hotel were right by ourside helping with everything we could ask for, after leaving the hospital they moved us to a larger room, brought in a lift chair and a electric scooter, they arranged for transportation to the hospital for thrapy everyday, we were taken care of better than we would have been back home, the hotel is a great place, the rooms have been updated and the beaches our great, the staff is wonderful and helpful, words can not
express are gratitude and love we have for the entire staff and owners of the Playa, we are now
making plans on heading back down in Nov. and then in Feb. If you want a great vacation and a
place you know you will get help if needed then the Playa is the place to go to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear valued friends (Vernon S)

As you know, you guys have been a huge part of the Playa for my whole lifetime. We truly appreciate your support, friendship and continued loyalty. You bring to surface what we did for you, but I would point out everything you have done for us. This trip was a lot of fun despite the issues that Vern went through. I truly appreciate your spirit and his strength. We look forward to seeing you guys again, and hopefully hosting another Ag Trip together. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with anything you guys needs.
Thanks again for trusting in us and referring us to your friends and family.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Charlie and I have been coming to the Playa for 17 years, sometimes with our family sometimes with friends but mostly just the two of us. We have gone to other destinations, but always come back here. We would like to thank your staff for making this a wonderful place to stay. It didn't matter who we talked to everyone was always friendly and willing to help us out. We liked all the new additions you added this year. the food was great, entertainment awesome, and the cleanliness of the hotel. Lance we would like to thank you for helping to organize the day trip to the ag show..and everything you have done to make this a great place to stay.We look forward to seeing you next year.
Charlie and Cathy

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

i have been going to the playa mazatlan for 36 years
the staff is like family to me
the owners are friendly
it is the best value and the best service, it is also the cleanest hotel i have ever stayed at, they are always washing tile on walkways, they actually sift the sand on the beach every morning
i eat 21 meals there and have never had a bad meal, they have a new italian restaurant that is better then in las vegas
i love it, cant wait to go back in april

Room Tip: the only tip i can give everyone, go to the playa mazatlan, get the best vacation, best rate, best...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear valued friend (Irma f)

As always you are much too kind to us Irma. At this point it is not “like family” you are family. Thank you so much for your continued support and loyalty to our Brand, Staff and City. It is always a pleasure to have you come and visit, and we were happy to see that you came with a friend this year. We look forward to hosting your next set of “Mazatlan memories”. Please remember you can always contact me direct if I can be of service to you.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just got back from a one week stay and my wife and I had a very relaxing stay. Our room was 425 great view, could watch the sun set every night. We had 2 double beds that were firm and the sleep was great. We had requested a king size bed when we booked but when we checked in there was none, the fella at the desk said to check back in the morning. We never did because we were happy with our room. Air conditioning was good, hot water was great. Only thing wrong with the room was the balcony chairs could be a little more comfortable. The staff and management were fantastic. People to mention are waiters; David at the terrace buffet, Roldolo, pool waiter, and the 2 waiters at Roberto's sorry I can't remember their names. These gentleman were always smiling and ready to have a chat and make sure we were having a good time. Our room was always cleaned and the common areas in the hotel were spotless. Ishmel, I think the spelling is right, never seemed to sleep he was always there, haha. Raul Hernandez is the manager and he is one of the nicest men my wife and I have ever met. He spoke with us a number of times, always checking if all was ok. Staying at this resort is like staying with friends.
The food is good, the omlettes are great and the burgers at the snack bar are the best I've had.
Did hear table of people one morning at breakfast complain that it was "to mexican".....my wife and I looked at each other and laughed...did they not know what country they were in.
To Raul and staff.... great hotel, had a fantastic time and will be back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken M
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear valued guest (Ken M)

I am writing in appreciation for both your comments about our staff, management and service team, as well as your funny notes on the “Mexican” comment. Thank you. I am glad to hear that there are still people out there willing to be adventurous and visit cities that are not cookie cutter tourist destinations, but still a strong example of the culture and heritage of the country that we represent. I will personally thank Raul Hernandez our GM, David and Rodolfo by the pool, Ishmael and the two Martin (waiters at casa Roberto) that their service was mentioned. As well I would like to thank you for the comment “Staying at this resort is like staying with friends”, we strive to obtain this kind of compliment, and we feel honored that you would consider us as such. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service personally.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband Steve and I have stayed at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan every year for the past 10 years, and I do not think of any hotel or city that I would rather be. We travel four months out of the year and this remains our favorite. The hotel is wonderful! From the check in until we leave; the service, cleanliness, staff, security, food, beach and the property itself is excellent and consistent. There are three pools, four restaurants and a new sports bar that has multiple huge flat screens with feeds to provide anything you would like watch. Not to mention live music and dance productions in the La Terraza nightly. There is free wifi which is a must for us throughout the hotel. The private beach, dotted with pulapas, and lounges make for a relaxing get away. It is centrally located in the Gold Zone with easy access to anything and everything you might want. This a place where if you come and stay, you will always want to return.
When we tell people we are going to Mazatlan they express concern for our safety. My response is always the same.... I have never felt any fear for my safety in Mazatlan and that is more than I can say for different cities I have visited in the US; which is all 50.

Room Tip: Any room is great depending on your price and preference.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank orrev
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear valued guest (orrev)

I want to personally thank you for your continued loyalty and support of myself, my family, my company and even the city. We look forward to having ya’ll back every year and I truly appreciate your vote of confidence in our brand. I’ll point out that there are still a few restaurants for you guys to find if you have only seen four. So keep your eyes out or ask me for a tour, I will be happy to make sure you get to experience all of the new amenities that we have created. In regards to your comments on safety, all I can say is thank you. The miss-perception of what has occurred and what is actually happening in the city are completely of track, having guests such as your selves be advocates for our port, is truly inspiring. Thank you.
Don’t ever hesitate to contact me direct with any questions or travel plans, I would love to be of service.

Best Wishes and Safe Travels,