“Very nice for an all inclusive”

Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Spokane
“Very nice for an all inclusive”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have never really stayed at an all inclusive before. The food was good-service was very good, and we had a great time at the pools (met a ton of Canadians!) and the barbeques on the beach were nice. In many ways it reminded me of a cruise-you have to be somewhere at a certain time, and you are only allowed certain restaurants on certain evenings (which we were not aware of) so we missed out on a couple nice meals and there are reservations-which, for me in Mexico, is not why I am vacation. I went with my boyfriend, I think it is great if you are with a large group, particularly families, so the kids can eat at the buffet and when they want. Again, it was very nice, but too long for me to stay in one place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SpokaneWendi
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear valued guest (SpokaneWendi)

I am writing in response to your comments. I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to let the world know about your experience at our hotel. It is important to me, as a member of the management staff, to make sure all of our guest leave with a positive experience and unforgettable memory about your stay with us. I would like to offer my personal assistance during your next visit, so that I may correct any misperceptions you might have about the hotel (for example: the reservation) we do not require advance reservations into any of our restaurants, unless there is a special event (IE: Brenster and Carrum) outside of these events which we host once a month, everything else is open to your convenience. In regards to the availability of restaurants every day during low season we do fluctuate what restaurants we open and at what hours these are open. I will continue to work on a strategy that gives you full availability and communication of these schedules. I hope that we have won the opportunity to be of service to you and yours again in the near future.

Best Wishes and Safe travels
ltvient@hotelplayamazatlan.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

is one of the best hotels we stayed in quality of service better ono presonal very clean very friendly and all-inclusive service they recommend we return to the same hotel, the beach very well and the treatment of waiter alferdo especil well in that we waited on the beach and all the staff very friendly if back in 2013 ..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank claudio q
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear valued guest (Claudio q)

I am writing to you in appreciation for your gracious comments about our property and the service offered by our staff. In particular, that of our beach waiter Alfredo, I will personally congratulate and thank him on your behalf. We will look forward to being of service to you and your family in the up and coming months. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service to you personally.

Regards,
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Another fabulous trip to my favorite beach and hotel. The hotel is making some changes (all inclusive now available), but the thing that hasn't changed is the wonderfully kind and friendly people at the hotel. All you have to do is ask, and it's done. Great beach to lay back and read books, or lots of activities at the hotel and nearby if that's your thing. I travel solo and never worry about the hotel or hitting the street and going out to dinner at night. I hope to get back for a visit as soon as possible in 2013!

Room Tip: Ask for the north tower for best views and location
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Nancy M
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear valued guest (Nancy M)

I would like to personally thank you for your gracious comment about our facilities, location and service. We will look forward to being of service to you next year. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of service.

Best wishes and Safe travels,
044-669-913-475
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed November 9, 2012

In 2010 we went to Cabo. In 2011 we went to Mazatlan (Playa Mazatlan). In 2012 we went to Cancun. In January 2013 we are going back to Mazatlan (Playa Mazatlan) and will most likely return there every year from this time on. The location is perfect. Shopping and a variety of restaurants are within a very short walk of the hotel. The beach is great and Henry the Hat man is great to visit with as he walks along the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The Pulmonias (local taxis) can take you anywhere you desire. You won't run out of things to do either at the hotel or in Mazatlan. If safety is your concern, we pretty much went wherever we wanted and never once felt threatened by anybody at any time. A little hint to leave your mark on Mazatlan. Across the street from the hotel is the Shrimp Factory. Great food and you can write your name and the year you were there on the ceiling. Say hello to Victor Hugo if he's still there. Hotel Playa Mazatlan....Here we come.

Room Tip: There are really no bad rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Alan C
Dear Valued guest (Alan C)

I would like to thank you for taking the time to make such a positive posting about our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that we are able to make an impact on our visitors and that we will have an opportunity to be of service in the near future once again. Your notes on things to do and see, are spot on, I hope other guests have the opportunity to read and take advantage. We will look forward to serving you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me direct if I can be of service.

Best Wishes and Safe Travels,
Hudson wi
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want a great place to relax and be close to all the super places in Mazatlan then the Playa Hotel is it. Clean, friendly and situated near a lot of restaurants within walking distance. Beautiful beach great staff Cannot go wrong here.

Room Tip: well you can do the beach side or garden either way great rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank tpyle
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear valued guest (Tpyle)

I would like to personally thank you for your recommendation of travel to our hotel, and your vote of confidence towards our staff. We will look forward to having the opportunity of being of service to you and yours in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of service.

Best wishes and Safe travels,
Monterey, California
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I've been visiting Mazatlan for over 40 years, and continue to return to the Playa for many reasons. Firstly, It's just a beautiful resort, with not only the best beach, friendly and accommodating staff, but the owners continue to improve and upgrade the facility. This October, we met a few friends there from Northern California, and cheered the SF Giants in the new sports bar, ate an amazing dinner in the Italian restaurant, drank Modelo from tap at the terrace bar, watching the most amazing sunsets, and spent literally hours in the 90 degree ocean. Our daughter was married on the upper terrace in 2006, an event so intimate, yet spectacular; with fireworks, dancing, exquisite food, while embracing the rich culture of old Mexico. Needless to say, we love it there. I can connect to wifi on the beach with my iPad, work out in the gym, or just hang in a palapa and read.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Pam M
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear valued guest (Pam M)

As always it is great to have you guys come and visit, it has always been and will continue to be our pleasure to server you and yours, hope to see you guys again soon. Thank you again for taking the time to make such a wonderful post, I will personally pass it on to our staff and executive team.
Please feel free to contact me direct prior to your next trip if I can be of personal assistance.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at The Playa Oct 15-20th,this was the 7th time we have stayed there and this time ..not sure what to think. We had our daughter from SanDiego meet us there so we needed at least 2 beds and really wanted a suite. My husbaand who is fluent spanish had called the Playa and relayed just that..we wanted a suite. When we arrived ..no suite..had no notes we were adding another person. This really seemed to be a problem , now I would guess the hotel was maybe at 20% capacity..It really should not of been a problem..oh well we did not get a suite..but finally did get a room with 2 beds. Other kinda bothersome things..the phone's were not working..and the elevator was not either. The Hotel is going to all-inclusive..but the only restaurant open was the main one...other 2 were closed? I just think the hotel has changed a lot since we first starting coming around 10 years ago. We did see some faces we knew..but a lot of new ones too. Ramon at the little lunch spot by main pool is gone. Also do yourself a favor..in that kind of humidity ask the maid not to mop..the floors never dry! It is weird getting up in middle of night and stepping on wet floors..Over-all we still love Mazatlan..just maybe we need to find another hotel.

Room Tip: We were in 4002 ocean view..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sandiw
Dear value guest (sandiw)

I am writing in response to the comments posted during your stay here (Oct 15-20). I would like to personally apologize for the experience you had during this stay, as you noted from your previous visits, these kind of issues are not the norm, and I can assure that we are working hard to make sure that all the quirks get fixed. After being a traditional hotel for 60 years, taking on the all inclusive challenge has not been an easy transition and has required much change and remodeling, this being something that we do when our occupancy is low, since we have retained high occupancy from July to present you where here when we were in the process of completing some of these changes in our restaurants. We have in fact opened many new amenities and restaurants on property, and we would love for you and your family to experience them, note that we also continue to offer the traditional “European Plan” option.
I hope that we get the opportunity to change your mind about the direction in which we are going, as I would love to have the opportunity to continue to count on you as one of our clients. If I can be of service to you personally, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,