“hotel playa”

Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Mazatlan
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 9, 2012

well, not a 5 star hotel. but for the price, you can't go wrong. fantastic breakfast buffet every morning. the service is all wonderful. rooms were clean, my friend screwed something up in his room, and could have easily and justifiably been charged big for it, they laughed it off without thinking twice. perfect location. cant think of a bad thing to say about the place. I got sick, they had a nurse on site, and called a doctor for me. house keeping and room service went out of their way to bring me things and help out. In my opinion, this is the best hotel to stay at in the town.

research mazatlan well before you go, as with visiting any big city, use your head, walking down dark allies in the middle of the night in mazatlan is a bad idea.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Dear valued guest (tommyj62983),

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I am happy to hear that the traditional no holds barred service is still in play on our property and we were able to facilitate you with medical attention. I would love to have the opportunity to show you some of our remodeled rooms in future so we can change your mind about the rating, and show you what we have to offer. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service in future. Thanks again for your time and consideration.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Playa Mazatlan

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Returned to the Playa for the 4th time and it was again - perfect. We went in a less busy time in April and were still pampered from head to toe. Traveling with a family raging from a 5 year old to an 85 year old was no problem (their nap times were in sync). The 5 spotless pools offered different vistas, temperatures and depths, suiting all preferences. If you are a beach ocean person, look no further. The Playa has the best and longest beach location with groomed sand, cabanas, and attentive waiters. Go early to get your own Palapa and then kick back and enjoy. After sun and sea, check out the excellent ocean view hotel restaurant. Watch the sunrise and plan your day; watch the sun set and relax with live music. The breakfast buffet is fantastic including many authentic dishes, fresh fruit and cereals for the granola groupies, and omelets/eggs made to order that are exquisite. Be sure to ask for the bacon, it is to die for, crisp, lean and addictive. The dinner menu is my favorite with excellent fish dishes and very good beef. Again, the menu is always fresh, delightful and served by staff that become like family. While the hotel is like a little oasis on to itself, it is also centrally located to the Malecón, one of the longest promenades in the world (super for cycling, rollerblading, walking and people watching), and the Golden Zone. The Playa staff are so welcoming, remembering us all by name, from year to year. Since it is a popular hotel for Mexicans and Canadians alike, the Playa offers a wonderful, welcoming and memorable holiday!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear valued guest (858385),

I am writting to thank you for such a positive post on trip advisor. It is always great to come in to positive feedback and recognition, thank you for taking the time and for being a continued loyal guest of our facilities. We strive to offer teh highest quality service and it seems it is paying off with you and your family. We look forward to having you again next year. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of service or assitance in scheduling your next trip.

Best Wishes and Safe travels,

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend in one of their newly remodeled beach front rooms. Room was a nice size and stocked with great amenities (sodas and beer) in the bar. The bathroom was a bit of a let down (shower smelled and vent was fairly week), but it worked for washing off the sand. The food here is decent and inexpensive. Had a massage at the spa and enjoyed the service and price. This is not a four seasons, but a decent beach side hotel to lay back and relax in a low key environment.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank TripNLuxe
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Dear valued guest (TripNLuxe)

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay here at our property. I am surprised to hear about your experience in our showers as we usually get a high rating, I will personally be taking the time to see what was going on in your room. I would as well invite you to visit our website to see some of the varied options you have available here. I will also thank Alejandro (our SPA representative) and let him know that he received mention from some of our international guest. Please feel free to contact me in future if I can be of any service in selecting a room for your next stay.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We recently attended a wedding reception at the Playa. It was full of old world charm.. a cocktail reception was held on the terrace with a miriachi band as the sun slid into the ocean. The dinner in the ballroom was delicious and expertly served.
We were guests at the Playa and had promised the bride's mother that we would look after setting up and decorating the wedding cake that she had brought with her. After a very stressful hour trying to get the cake to stay stacked and apply the icing, we realized we needed help.
Elizabeth Regalado, the concierge, cheerfully came to our rescue. Although the kitchen staff was very busy with the food preparation for the wedding, they rose to the challenge and did a great job.
The staff is wonderful. The waiters were prompt and cheerful, our room was spotless, and the personal trainer at the gym is very helpful.
The food has improved from our previous visit two years ago.It is tasty with very large servings.
It was a very enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear valued guest (footlooseCanada),

I would like to first begin by thanking you for your continued loyalty to our Hotel as well as taking the time to make such a positive post. I love hearing positive feedback especially when specific people and work areas are pointed out. I will personally congratulate them on going the extra mile. I hope the rest of the wedding party as well enjoyed their stay and celebration and hopefully we will have the honor of helping you celebrate other events in future. Please feel free to contact me direct if I can be of any service.

Best Wishes and Safe Travels,

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Just returned from a ten day stay in Mazatlan and stayed at the Hotel Playa. This was our second stay here and it was to bad to see the beach as empty as it was but the hotel lived up to our stay in 2004. The staff works very hard from the front desk to beach staff(buckets of beer were not a problem), as were the cleaning staff and our guy we nicknamed chemical ali. He had to chase us out of the pool many evenings but was never rude about it! Hopefully the area can survive tourism being down as it is one of our favorite places to be. An older property but it is more original than the big box motels down the shore.

Room Tip: Poolside by the heated pool and hot tub make a good finish to the beach day.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ridgerunnernd

Dear valued guest (ridgerunnernd),

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Hotel Playa Mazatlan, I love hearing of new and soon to be repeating guest to our Hotel. As a member of the family of owners and management staff, I thrive on hearing feedback and areas of opportunity, so I will not only congratulate the people mentioned personally, I will as well work on filling the beaches so that next time you come, there are a few more people in town to enjoy the sun and fun with. We look forward to having you and yours stay with us again soon.

Best Wishes and Safe Travels,

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We finished up a 10 day visit to Mazatlan with two nights at Hotel Playa Mazatlan and we really enjoyed the hotel, the beach the staff, the fiesta night, etc. Special thanks to Lance Vient the Operations Manager and grandson of the hotel's founder for helping our party of 5 out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Hotel_Playa_Mazatlan, Gerente at Hotel Playa Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Dear valued guest (WAS215)

Thank you so much for taking the time to create a post and as well thank you for your positive mention, I must give further credit to all of the staff members as they are the ones that really provide our guests with a unique experience, we look forward to having you next year.

Best wishes and safe travels,

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Friendly, relaxing and fun! How could I not love this place? My husband and I met here more than 42 years ago!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest (beverlitza),

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty and kind wishes, I am glad that we had the opportunity to help you and your husband begin your life journey together and even more so that we have the honor of helping you celebrate it together every year.

Best wishes and safe travels,