“Just relax on the pool, with sea view!”

Coral Island Hotel and Spa
Ranked #37 of 79 Hotels in Mazatlan
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

A good hotel for beach place. The pool are not properly "infinity" as they say, because theres a glass always fogged beside. But the view of the sea, sunset still perfect! No include breakfast, and the restaurant above is expensive but good. The bathroom is perfect (large, with all needed assessories), the bed and terrace are great too! Tip: the have a acess direct to the beach and provide seats and bar service!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank aninharocha26
There are newer reviews for Coral Island Hotel and Spa

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hello im Jesus Villarreal I spent 7 days in this hotel(2013 Semana DeLaMotto).The hotel is very nice and i liked the tunnel that goes underground directly to the beach. For the year 2014 i want to take Suit 514 and 2 more rooms(503/502). I recomend this hotel for all who visit Mazatlan please answer back to make my reservation for 2014!(For Coral Island Hotel please call me back at my home phone if you still remember me and please if you can e-mail me when is Semana De La Moto in 2014)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were only gringos there third week of Feb but front desk staff speak good English and go out of their way to be helpful. We had pre-booked some excursions but would recommend going through hotel instead. Hotel is midway between Golden Zone and old town, bus stop across street and only 10 pesos fare. Room stark but very clean. Pros: One of best restaurants in Mazatlan is attached, we had breakfast included and also ate several good fish dinners there. Hotel ran a tab for us. Pool was great and usually had it to ourselves. Partial ocean view room was just fine. TV had many channels, some of them movie channels in English Cons: there is a 4 lane highway between hotel and promenade/beach, a bit tricky to negotiate. There is a long tunnel under road to beach but had to ask staff to accompany us and unlock door; didn't seem worth it after the first time. The shower stall was huge but slippery. Internet connection was not always available in room but could always get it in restaurant. One night (out of 7) music from a party kept us awake past midnight (other nights were just fine, the surf lulled us to sleep). Overall good value for the cost.
I am not sure about the "spa" part of the name, there was a salon and an exercise room but we didn't use either. The locals pronounce this hotel name "Coral Ees-lan" so the taxi drivers may be confused when you tell them you want to go there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AKOR10
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My fiance and I went to Mazatlan for a week over the 4th of July holiday. We were pleasantly suprised to find very clean rooms at Coral Island. The hotel is situated in a perfect location just a 1/2 mile from the Golden Zone. I was dissapointed in the promise of bottled water in my room every day only to find not one bottle once the maid had cleaned the room. The small things are most important to me and what was a flag in my eyes is that many of the staff only speak spanish and very little english. Also, there were a lack of towels in the room -no washclothes even. We had to call house keeping twice for additional towels. No pen or pad by the phone to make notes. Only one electircal outlet in the room (bathroom) which made making the coffee and flat ironing my hair a problem. The pool is very small compared to the other hotels along the beach. Once all the hotel rooms filled up, the pool was too crowded for comfort. The biggest deal breaker for me was the noise. When the other guests came back from the local bars, they were very loud throughout the hallways and below the balcony. The hotel seemed to have no curfew at night. This was very disturbing. Would I stay there again? Only if it was the only hotel on the boardwalk available.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AZGringa
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I went with my family for 4 nights, it's a hotel relatively new and it's well maintained. The swimming pool is a little small but has character.

The access to the beach is by an underground tunnel. It has bathrooms, however in the beach there is nothing around, nothing that brings some cover. There should be some palapas and security.

The hotel’s restaurant has very good breakfast, highly recommended. I did not try lunch or dinner.

This is a pretty nice little hotel, I recommended for one time stay, but no more. Too many options in Mazatlán.

___________________________________________________________________________
Estuve con mi familia por 4 noches, es un hotel relativamente nuevo y bien cuidado. La alberca es pequeña pero tiene su carácter, con vista a la playa.

El acceso a la playa es por un túnel que tiene baños; sin embargo, no hay nada en la playa, ni una palapa, nada a cientos de metros a la redonda. Debería tener algunas palapas para tener sombra y alguien que apoye cuidando.

El restaurant del hotel (restaurant ME) es muy bueno en sus desayunos, altamente recomendado. Las comidas/cenas también se ven buenas pero no tuvimos la oportunidad de probar.

Es un hotel un poco diferente al resto, para ir una vez sí, pero no más.

Room Tip: At checkin ask to not be bother with the free breakfast where they try to sell you something like a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2010

As other reviewers have mentioned, this place has an odd location--away from the party scene and away from the centro histórico.

That said, I definitely enjoyed my night here. The rooms were very, very comfortable. The fitness center is cool and the pool is lovely (salt water, I believe).

We stayed here one night for under $80 but came back in July and the price was more like $98 so we stayed elsewhere. It looked like they were doing some sort of all inclusive deal in July, which makes me wonder if it could get really rowdy.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2010

just got back from week long trip. Hotel is located along the main boulevard and perfect for ocean watching and walking, pool was very nice. Hotel was clean and staff was very friendly and helpful, restaurant was good (locals were patrons too). We upgraded to a room with a big balcony and it was worth the money.
Issue was the other guests at hotel, mostly mexicans that insist on partying to 4 am, yelling and playing music at brain-deadening volumes. Great during mon-thursday, but weekends were LOUD!! Take earplugs!
We would go again, but only during weekdays.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple