“Great fishing trip!”

Star Fleet Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Star Fleet is a Sport Fishing Charter service, Located In Mazatlan Mexico, and was established by Bill Heimpel Sr. and have been providing a professional service to all of our customers since 1953.Private Fishing Trips and sunset cruise departure daily from the New Marina Mazatlan or from the Old Harbor, depending on the clients preference Star Fleet also provides Mooring services in Mazatlan for yachts in the Old Harbor and are the only ones with a loading and unloading dock. Other Services: Fresh Water, Wifi, WC, Mechanics, Electricians, Hull cleaning, fiberglass work etc.
San Diego, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great fishing trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I went fishing last week with this company. We were recommended to them by locals and we're glad we booked with them. We went out of the old harbor by Stone Island. We had smooth waters through out the whole trip which was nice. It was just my boyfriend and me on the boat along with 2 people who ran it. We saw lots of turtles out on the water but nothing else. We caught 1 Mahi Mahi, 2 or 3 Bonita's, and 1 Mackerel. We actually used the 2 Bonita's as bait. My boyfriend really enjoyed fishing with them... I did too but I wanted to catch more. He had to explain to me that it's called "fishing" not "catching" so that made since. We had a lot fun out there, soaking up the sun, fishing, and relaxing. We had to bring our own drinks, snacks, and lunch but they have a cooler that you can keep it in. When we got back to the harbor they cut up the Mahi Mahi for us so we could take it to a restaurant to have it cooked. I wish we could have caught more fish or a Marlin but the crew tried very hard to get us more fish to catch. We would fish with them again so check them out!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank NEEK90

Mazatlan, Mexico
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Took 3 days out with StarFleet and had a lifetime experience! Caught a nice Yellowfin Tuna and a nice Sailfish. Saw lots of wildlife. (green turtles, hammerhead shark, dolphins, etc). Not the right season for Marlin but we'll be back. Being our first time in Mazatlan the owner took us around town and introduced us to some of his favorite places and loaned us some snorkel gear.
StarFleets staff treated us like royalty! I will never forget any of it!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank GreenMyn
Mazatlan, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time with StarFleet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

These guys are amazing! I had never been fishing on the ocean before, and to be honest was a bit worried about getting sea sick... The day we went out was super calm though, and we had an awesome time. There were lots of cold drinks on board and our crew were very attentive. Now I can honestly say that fishing isn't typically my "thing", but this was really something else! We caught two fish, a Sailfish and a Tuna...and they were huge! I couldn't believe it! Id never caught a fish any bigger than a pickerel at my lake in Canada! Anyway, we ate our tuna later that night at a place recommended by Bill...delicious! I would recommend StarFleet to anyone looking to go fishing in Mazatlan! Two thumbs up!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank RachelOlsen
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST SPORTFISHING FLEET IN MAZATLAN !! AND MORE...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had a great trip!

Had an awesome time! The crew did a great job on getting us fish! We saw lots of whales and dolphins, caught a striped marlin, released one, and later 2 mahi mahis

Thank you Star Fleet!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ExpertTraveler_13
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“An experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Crew was very focused on the task at hand didn't have any luck just the time of year I guess the boat seemed slow compared to the other boats zipping by us, but the crew worked very hard to try and get us a fish 2 thumbs up to them.

1 Thank Theronstarr