“Amazing Experience”

Star Fleet Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Star Fleet is a Sport Fishing Charter service, Located In Mazatlan Mexico, and was established by Bill Heimpel Sr. and have been providing a professional service to all of our customers since 1953.Private Fishing Trips and sunset cruise departure daily from the New Marina Mazatlan or from the Old Harbor, depending on the clients preference Star Fleet also provides Mooring services in Mazatlan for yachts in the Old Harbor and are the only ones with a loading and unloading dock. Other Services: Fresh Water, Wifi, WC, Mechanics, Electricians, Hull cleaning, fiberglass work etc.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Took 3 days out with StarFleet and had a lifetime experience! Caught a nice Yellowfin Tuna and a nice Sailfish. Saw lots of wildlife. (green turtles, hammerhead shark, dolphins, etc). Not the right season for Marlin but we'll be back. Being our first time in Mazatlan the owner took us around town and introduced us to some of his favorite places and loaned us some snorkel gear.
StarFleets staff treated us like royalty! I will never forget any of it!

1  Thank GreenMyn

Reviewed January 24, 2013

These guys are amazing! I had never been fishing on the ocean before, and to be honest was a bit worried about getting sea sick... The day we went out was super calm though, and we had an awesome time. There were lots of cold drinks on board and our crew were very attentive. Now I can honestly say that fishing isn't typically my "thing", but this was really something else! We caught two fish, a Sailfish and a Tuna...and they were huge! I couldn't believe it! Id never caught a fish any bigger than a pickerel at my lake in Canada! Anyway, we ate our tuna later that night at a place recommended by Bill...delicious! I would recommend StarFleet to anyone looking to go fishing in Mazatlan! Two thumbs up!

1  Thank RachelOlsen
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had a great trip!

Had an awesome time! The crew did a great job on getting us fish! We saw lots of whales and dolphins, caught a striped marlin, released one, and later 2 mahi mahis

Thank you Star Fleet!

1  Thank ExpertTraveler_13
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Crew was very focused on the task at hand didn't have any luck just the time of year I guess the boat seemed slow compared to the other boats zipping by us, but the crew worked very hard to try and get us a fish 2 thumbs up to them.

1  Thank Theronstarr
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We just returned from a trip to Mazatlan. Because of the reviews on this site I called Star Fleet fishing and spoke to Bill. These reviews were right on the money. It was all inclusive. We opted for drinks and lunches but with the seas so rough we did not use them. We got a great boat (although below deck (bathroom)and the chairs (up top) are in need of some cleaning and repair). But past that it was a rocky day and the seas were rough. The captain and first mate made the rough seas awesome. They let me help bait the hooks, and were very accommodating. After about an hour of trolling our first fish was a 275 lb Blue Marlin and how fun was that to reel in! The next fish on our lines was a sail fish of 85 pounds. My daughter in law hadn't had a chance to have a line in at that time and the first mate tried every lure and trick he knew to try and get it for her. No luck. We went in to shore and were greeted very warmly with our catch of a lifetime . We had a 10 pound chunk cut out of our Marlin and enjoyed our catch of the day at our resort. While we know this will probably happen like this again it was awesome. We enjoyed our trip and will def. be calling Bill and his crew every year going forward.