“Waffle heaven”

Mary's
Ranked #11 of 400 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonton, Canada
“Waffle heaven”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went to Mary's one nite as we were having a homesick moment and were looking for a good burger. We were not disappointed - they were great. Pricey if you are thinkiing McDonald's but not if you are thinking Moxie's or some place like that. Mary suggested that her waffles were the best. I always thought my sister's were the best and beg for them when visiting. Decided to try Mary's out. Mary's were SOOO GOOOD. They melt in your mouth! Then, to cap the Mary experience, we were walking down the street and Mary was driving by. She pulled into a parking spot because she recognized us and we had a nice chat with her. If you want good food and a really nice atmosphere try out Mary's. I bet you will go more than once.

MAZATLAN , México
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I Love marys burger, french tost my favorite, the Best in mazatlan. Mexican phily just great service amazing, friendly people wow o can want to be there again...

Lubbock, Texas
“Little bit of the North fo the border right here in MZT.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Named after it's owner, the nice thing about this place is that she is almost always there and CARES about you and your satisfaction. Food is consistent although not any bargain. Service is also good. Mostly outside seating. Breakfast is great.

Visited January 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Awesome breakfast, burgers and fantastic service!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Mary's has great food and even better service; a rare combination. I don't often write reviews, but I had to share because of my experience on a recent visit to Mazatlán. We had delicious breakfast one day and then stopped again another evening for supper. I had the "Juicy Lucy" burger with fries, and my mom had what she described as the best quesadilla ever ("was light and fluffy"). The atmosphere is also nice, as it is an outdoor cafe. What really impressed me about this restaurant was the friendly and personable staff. Mary and her employees treat everyone like "friends". The night we had supper, a man was eating his meal and he had his small dog sitting in the chair next to him. Not only did Mary talk with the man, but she called the dog by name and gently petted it. Such an authentic display of service and care.

I would highly recommend Mary's to all couples, families and visitors for a good meal; especially breakfast or lunch!

Thanks for making our trip to Mazatlán memorable and delicious!

Cumberland, Rhode Island
“Best American Breakfst in Mexico!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Both the food and the prices were excellent. Mary's "Big steak omlette" rivals IHOP!! at a much better price. The lunch menu is varied with a great selection of sandwhiches and salads. Definitely worth a stop and a return visit!