Mayan Palace Mazatlan
$74
$65
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Hotel la Siesta(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$37
$35
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Oceano Palace Beach Hotel(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Pool
City Express Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$59
Royal Villas Resort(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$95
Mision Mazatlan(Mazatlan)
$59
$55
The Inn at Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$106
  • Beachfront
The Palms Resort Of Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$68
$64
Quality Inn Mazatlan(Mazatlan)(Great Value!)
$79
$58
Orbitz.com
$77
$64
TripAdvisor
All reviewssea gardentime sharegrand blissocean viewgolden zonetwo bedroom unitactivities staffnice resortsales presentationdining tablesmall balconysabalo centroconcierge deskcoffee makerbit datedsized bedfun activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The Mayan Palace is a decent resort. It is meticulously well cared for, and the service was, for the most part, very good. It has good beach access with decent beachside amenities, as long as you don't mind the endless parade of beach vendors. The building we stayed in (#3) was reportedly the newest of the three resort buildings. Even so, it was a bit long in the tooth, but we did not mind. It was clean and comfortable and offers good resort and ocean views on the west side. We managed to duck the time share presentation. Simply insist upon being given your room key at the front desk and don't go to the "Informacion" desk for your key, which is what they prefer you do. The main pool is quite nice but is either not heated or barely so. Few people used it. The onsite dining room was very acceptable. Finally, do not get sucked into the "free" tour of Mazatlan. It is poorly done and a waste of time. All in all, the Mayan Palace is good for one stay, but one stay only.

Room Tip: Ask for Building #3 on the west side, preferably an upper floor for the ocean view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JFYakima
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I booked this for my family so they could relax and have a nice time. Every morning the phone rang to ask them to come to "breakfast" to endure a time share presentation. I specifically booked with the Mayan Palace Sea Garden because of the lovely big pool for my grandson to enjoy. THE POOL WAS NOT HEATED!!!! IT WAS ICE COLD!!! This was a very big disappointment. I will never recommend this hotel for a family. It may be fine for someone who does not use the pool and has time to be harassed by time share sales people.

Kay Simons
Alberta Canada

Room Tip: I gave a generous tip for booking an Ocean view. Air conditioner very noisy. All the staff were very nice. It was not their fault that the Hotel Organization was cutting corners.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kay S
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This a great hotel if you are traveling with children. It has a lot of entertainment for your children. The ocean is always red but there is a section where you can jump waves and have fun. There is a lot of Palapas and the bar is just at the back of them. Great pool and there is an iguana that lives in the middle island of it.
If you want to go downtown take a taxi for $150.00 pesos, Camaron Sabalo bus for $9.50 pesos with air conditioner or Cerritos bus for $6.50 pesos, but also the famous Pulmonias for $100.00 pesos. 20 minutes drive and it really depends on how fast the driver drives.

Room Tip: Above 4 floor to get a better view of the ocean and pool.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank OseaNo
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Mayan Palace is clean and a nice place to stay. Next time I will NOT stay at a time share. I thought I could handle this after the reviews but after working extremely hard for over 2 years and going on vacation I did NOT want to be woke up to phone calls wanting me to " eat breakfast" . Finally I caved met them for breakfast, talked to the salesman, told him no, they passed me off to 3 other guys and the third guy actually told me the salesman only had one chance of making a sale today and if I had no intention I should of said so from the beginning. I was furious! I had been telling all of them that from the beginning ! I told him I wanted to be left alone so I finally said yes and now this meeting was Over!.
My Aunt & Uncle are owners and I may have considered it but when I am on vacation , I am on vacation . I would of Never made any decisions that week. Next time I will find a great location on the Golden Zone. Mazatlan was fabulous!!

Room Tip: Always ask for room with a view ( the beach) and make sure it is ours did not have much of a view but we didnt look at the street thank goodness.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank terrisboomer
Socialmediamanager1, Manager at Mayan Palace Mazatlan, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear terrisboomer :
We are grateful for your taking the time to write a review about your experience while staying at Mayan Palace and for your kind words about our facilities.

As one of the most successful companies in the Mexican tourism field, we clearly communicate the terms and conditions associated with accepting an invitation to our sales presentation and everyone - at free will, attends and we appreciate their visit whether they decide to acquire our products or not.

Our goal is to make each one of our guests’ vacations relaxing and we look to please them by making sure they receive all the benefits they are expecting to enjoy during their vacation. We do appreciate any feedback being provided to us and it will be shared with the appropriate areas.
We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future to truly impress you with what we have to offer.

Mayan Palace Mazatlán Management.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We just got back from a wonderful stay at the Mayan Palace at Mazatlan, we were not sure what to expect with all the bad news about the place, but our experience was nothing but the best ever in Mexico. Mazatlan is a beautiful city, with lots to see and do, we enjoyed eating seafood at Azul's right on the beach in the Malecon, great food and service, and very reasonable prices, we tour all zona dorada and loved breakfast at Mary's.
You can take the bus right at the Mayan and go anywhere you want to go. Our room at the Mayan was beautiful, two double beds and a beautiful bathroom, our room did not face the ocean, but that was okay, we were at the beach to watch all the sunsets anyway, the room was kept very clean, and the staff is very helpful, the food was nice, but we much rather explore the area restaurants and markets, for good fruit and a great experience, we went to the Mercado (fruit and vegetable market) right downtown, you just take the bus there, amazing prices for fresh fruits!

The weather was fantastic, the grounds were well kept, the beach is very beautiful and the pool area is clean, we have nothing bad to say about the place, we are planing to go back.

The Sea Garden building is older and dated, so make sure you book at the Mayan Palace, not the Sea Garden.

Room Tip: Stay at the Mayan Palace, not the Sea Gardens
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple