“great place”

The Saloon Sport Bar
Ranked #58 of 401 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Regina Sask Canada
“great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2010

We were there Dec7-15 and have been to the Saloon many times over the years that we've been there. As the recent post state that there is new owners and we ended up going to the Saloon for most of our h/h's. We usually go to another place but know that we'll make it our usual haunt from now on. the atmosphere is great and you get to know the ppl. Can't beat the prices at h/h. 10p for a beer!!! Haven't tried the food yet as I found it more of a lunch menu for us. But will try to try it out when we get back in Feb for our usual 3 weeks.

Canada
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

My husband and I stopped by for lunch today and we were more than delighted with the food. My husband had a chicken burger - a real chicken breast, butterfly style on a nice big bun with fresh slices of onion and fresh lettuce, along with crispy fries on the side, simple but delicious.
I had the chicken fingers with honey dill dip – very good - the chicken – strips of chicken breast, not the frozen packaged fare, these were prepared from scratch by the cooks and that dill dip is perfect with them.
The place has nice atmosphere, new owners and a new menu; it’s a great place to stop on your way back to the gold zone after a trek out and about.
The free long distance calling to Canada is much appreciated. I made a quick call home to check messages and could have changed my outgoing message if I needed to.

Shelley and Wendy made us feel welcome – they are two of three new owners – Canadians who call Mazatlan their home, they employ many local Mazatlanders. The staff are friendly and helpful and speak excellent english.

1 Thank SpankySK
Moose Jaw
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Hidden Jewel in Golden Zone Mazatlan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2009

3 Girlfriends and I travelled to Mazatlan for a Girls Get-away and we discovered one of the hidden jewels of Mazatlan. Literally hidden away just behind the Dairy Queen in the Golden Zone was a fantastic Sport Pub, called the Sport Saloon. They offer great food, great service and the staff were amazing. We went there everyday and the staff were ready to serve and give you a great environment to enjoy yourself. You can sit inside or out (I preferred out), and watch all the sports you want. The owner even takes requests ahead of time if you want to watch upcoming events. I was there when the CFL final was taking place and it certainly was a party. English Speaking, great music and the food was fabulous!!!! I recommend the Denver Sandwich or the Chicken Fingers...You'll love it and it is a must if you are in Mazatlan. I should also mention they offer free long distance calling if you order a drink...can't get better than that!

1 Thank BroncoMooseJaw
Waskesiu, Saskatchewan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best in Mazatlan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

A must do when you visit Mazatlan is the Sports Salloon in the Golden Zone. It's the only place that offers good food. good drinks. good friends. You won't be disappointed. The entire staff makes you feel more than welcome. By the way, you will get a free drink for any sports memorabilia you drop off. It will be honored in a very special way. If you don't have any sports items then Lowry's Seasoning Salt is always accepted. They also offer free long distance to anywhere in Mexico, US or Canada...and all they ask is that you make a purchase. Awesome...awesome place.

1 Thank Mary-Lynn W
Calgary, Canada
“CANADIAN sports fans THIS IS A MUST PLACE TO GO.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2009

If you are yearning to watch sports of any kind, specifically HOCKEY for us, this is the place to go. Its tucked in behind a couple of places off the Golden Zone. If you get to the Dairy Queen then cross the street and its right beside the pizza place. Its called "The Saloon" and the owner is from Medicine Hat and played the hockey games for us while we had FANTASTIC food and drinks. I highly recommend the club sandwich which is chicken, REAL bacon, lettuce, tomato and advocado--OMG it was delicious and HUGE!! They have been open a very short time and I wanted to make sure that all Canadians are able to locate this place and stop in for some drinks, food and HOCKEY EH!