“Loved It - went back more than once while on this trip”

Margaritas Restaurant Bar & Grill
Ranked #36 of 445 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Price range: $60 - $1,200
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Food was excellent! Waiters were a blast! Had several different dishes on my visits and was very happy with all! The rest of the group agreed! Live music some nights - dancing welcome and the Spanish coffee was a show and a treat all in one! Would recomend to anyone looking for a place to dine in Mazatlan!

1  Thank Circle2Ranch

Reviewed February 18, 2013

You have to try this place. Patricio, Gerardo, Antonio & Javier know how to treat you right and you can't get any better Kahlua shrimp in Mazatlan. I've been going there for the past 20+ years (even before it was called Margarita's) and have always enjoyed the warm, friendly atmosphere and the excellent food.

2  Thank Judy K
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very good food and drinks. Although we were the only 2 couples in there at 8 on a saturday night... it was a blast. We danced and ate and drank. Waiter was awesome... Antonio.

1  Thank Travelwel0ve
Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was our first time to Margaritas, Thursday, January 17, 2013. My wife had this hankering for lobster, which I kept explaining to her is not actually a Mazatlan strength, but Margaritas had a lobster special going so we dove in.

We split the "3 Lobsters & Steak Dinner." First came the chips and salsa. the chips were not as fresh as we would have liked but the salsa was decent. Next we went for the "Fish Ceviche" which was not bad and came with a package of tostada chips that were very fresh.

They brought out the "3 Lobsters & Steak Dinner" and my wife immediately noticed that it was actually 2 and 1/2 lobsters, not three. I noticed that the steak was not a Fillet Mignon as had been described. When I pointed out the mathematics mistake it was over corrected to the tune of 3 and 1/2. Nice adjustment! I never mentioned the steak situation since I never expected a Fillet Mignon in Mazatlan. I am sure that they exist somewhere but I will allow myself to be shocked and amazed when one actually shows up at my table.

We finished up with an ice cream doused in Baileys and a Mexican coffee. The ice cream was better than at The Water's Edge last night, but not by much. The Mexican coffee did not measure up to Pancho's.

It may sound like we had a less than positive experience but we had a great time because the service was excellent and they did everything they could to show us a good time. No, it is not the best experience we have ever had dining out in Mazatlan, but it was passable and we actually got what we expected.

Thanks to Tony and crew for the solid effort.

3  Thank Tanzio_it
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We went to Margaritas our first night in Mazatlan and made sure we stopped back in a few more times before we left. The staff is absolutely outstanding. Funny, friendly, prompt and overall a great crew. The food was remarkable. My mom had the filet mignon with mushrooms, my boyfriend the breaded mahi mahi and myself the plaza shrimp. Absolutely incredible. Great prices, great food, beautiful place and the staff made it that much better. We will definitely go back next time we go to Mazatlan and highly reccomend everyone try it if you haven't been there before. Thanks to Tony and the rest of the guys for making us feel so welcome.

1  Thank Kristina W