“The Inn At Mazatlan Papagayo Restaurant”
Review of Papagayo

Papagayo
Ranked #69 of 429 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mexican Restaurant & Cantina Front the Ocean...
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Just wanted to share my experience at the Papaguyo restaurant located in The Inn At Mazatlan.
The seafood was excellent as was the waiting staff.
Our waiter Luis was fun, courteous, and good at his profession.
We will go back next time my wife and I are in Mazatlan Mexico.
Gary and Charyl from Nebraska.

PapagayoRestaurant, Gerente at Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Gary and Charyl, thank you very much for your kind comments, we will share with our staff, we hope to soon have the honor to have you with us again.

I will gladly send my email for any comments adicional thanks.

yaidgurrola@innatmaz.com

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Although music is moving to Saturday, the band was very very good, nice to find some dancing music. Dinner and drinks were very good also

Appreciable Sungirl, thank you very much for your feedback, we are working on new nights to "Bar the Cantina" Papagayo Restaurant and hope to visit us again soon so you can enjoy them.

Greetings.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

On our first day at the Inn at Mazatlan we ate lunch at this restaurant. The waiter brought us our pork tacos and they were extremely dry. He did not come back for almost 25 minutes and he said he would bring some salsa. Really that was not the answer. The pork was so tough that we had to cut it up with a knife. The. When we got the bill he had charged us 30 pesos per person more than what was on the menu. So I asked to see a menu. Before I could even look up the price he said: "oh my bad, this is an old menu and on the new menu the price is 88 pesos." We paid in cash but he wanted us to sign and he also wanted our room number, but we said no. The next two days we are lunch here, but service was slow and food was just ok. Room temperature at best.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed at the Inn at Mazatlan for the first time for 5 days, and ate frequently, in small ways, at Papagayo. We never had a full dinner here, but did breakfast several times, appetizers and lunch. Everything was fresh, imaginative and delicious, especially the guacamole! The staff was absolutely excellent. They were professional, and gently helped us (because we wanted to) improve our Spanish pronunciation, which made our experience even better! We especially remember Abrahim (might not have the spelling correct), who was very kind and helpful. The breakfast omelets were fabulous!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I am writing this in defence of the Papagayo , not sure what restaurant some of the people below were at but I don't think it was this one. The food is good and the staff even better. They go out of their way to make sure everything is just right. Juan(Romantica) and staff do a great job. Louis(hardest worker he thinks lol) and Riccardo(the rooster) and other staff provide great service and drinks around the pool. Sorry I don't know all their names. These people work very hard for minimal wages and deserve credit for a job well done. Prices are hit and miss but great food and a great atmosphere on the ocean.