“Great atmosphere and prices!”
Review of El Parador Espanol

El Parador Espanol
Ranked #115 of 447 Restaurants in Mazatlan
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We wandered into this restaurant, curious by its high end look. The prices seemed right and we wanted to do something different. The service was good. The food was great but needed just a little more of something. I would go back! The only main problem I had was the menu lacks descriptions in detail and my food came out wrong. The English speaking is hard to come by as well. Luckily I do speak Spanish which made it easier. Make sure to ask detailed questions about the item you order. Descriptions would be a nice additive to the place! Cheers

Reviewed March 8, 2014

As soon as we walked through the door, we were in a totally different world. From the service, to the atmosphere, furnishings, and food, it is all fantastic

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Boy, from the street we thought this was a winner. After all, what else do you have to go on when you're new to Mazatlan and there are 1,000 restaurants to choose from?

The exterior and interior are great, but the food? Not so much. We decided on this night we were going to keep things light and just order tapas to share. First off, if you don't speak Spanish the menu will be difficult. The staff does not speak fluent English either, so good luck with questions.

We took a shot in the dark at some kind of potato bravas thing that was ok, although it was presented more like a Scandinavian casserole than a finger food you'd expect out of an appetizer. The tomato bread is exactly that: mushed tomatoes on bread without any seasoning whatsoever. We also got the torta pincho and it behaved more like a quiche we'd serve back in Minnesota on Easter morning. Again, just ok, but when you're competing with 100s of restaurants, OK won't cut it. And am I the only one who thinks that tapas shouldn't require a spoon and fork?

Long story short, don't be fooled by the facade. Try someplace else.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We spotted this place nearby our hotel and since they had the menu sitting in the walkway outside the restaurant we gave it a glance we decided to give it a shot while we were there. We weren't sure what to expect. And wow did it deliver a truly enjoyable experience. We caught the place just when they opened for lunch service so there was literally nobody else there but us, which was good since we had our little girl with us. We both had the special for that day which was tortilla soup, fish in a wine sauce, and a type of flan for dessert. Both me and my wife loved each dish. Flavor, doneness, and texture was perfect on everything. Literally, everything. And what was even more entertaining was how playful and accommodating the waiter was to our girl. Since there was no one there we let her down to run about the room and the waiter would tease her when he came in. Sure this wouldn't happen during the dinner rush, but it was enjoyable for that moment none the less. Even without that added bonus the food and prices were well worth the visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

After seeing El Parador Espanol on the street I knew I had to go there! This restaurant is beautiful! Reminds me of something I would see back in Portland. Very trendy. However, from the minute I stepped in the door I felt just plain awkward. No one was particularly very nice, luckily my husband speaks a little Spanish because no one spoke English. Which was fine, but difficult when we were trying to ask questions about the menu.

After reading reviews online we knew we had to get the Caesar salad which was amazing!!

Our entrees however were pretty lackluster. A lot of the other reviewers mentioned ordering the paella and it being very good. We didn't order the paella, and were wondering if this restaurant was a one trick pony. Regardless, when you have limited items on your menu you should perfect them! I couldn't tell if my chicken was cooked all the way and my husband's fish tasted like popcorn. Overall, we left a bit confused and not completely satisfied.

1  Thank Kimberly H