“Good food, good value”
Review of Jungle Juice - CLOSED

Jungle Juice
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Jungle Juice is a "mom & pop" type American/Mexican owned, non franchise, restaurant/bar, that specializes in homemade Mexican food and delicious fruit smoothies. We use the very best quality food to make your meal at the time of your order...no pre-prepared stuff in our kitchen. Our roof top bar caters to a local population with a good scattering of tourists. It is a very safe place to party. You can dine on our terraces at the bar until 1am Thursdays through Sundays. We look forward to serving you. And our bird, Pamfilo, says hiiiiiii.
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Jungle Juice is a nice place. Good food for the value, we had the breakfast special, for $50 pesos each. it was a smaller portion of eggs, ham, beans, OJ or coffee. It was just enough. We left satisfied but not overly full. OJ is fresh squeezed and the best we had while in Mazatlan.

khachosan, Owner at Jungle Juice, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Hi, thanks for your review. Just a comment, the difference between the breakfast special
at 50 pesos available from 8am - 11am , and the' tiger' available the rest of the day at 69 pesos is one piece of bacon. Not sure why the bacon in Mazatlan is so expensive...Sams quit carrying the really good DAK bacon from the US which was expensive however it didn't disappear into a pile of bacon grease upon frying. The only bacon available now just doesn't allow for a big portion.

So, I wouldn't want you all to think that we skimp on the Breakfast Special...it is a kind of early bird (parrot) special. I am happy you were satisfied. After running this restaurant for 38 years it is still good to hear nice comments.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place has a great menu and the best breakfast. The fresh squeezed orange juice is to die for and the open air concept is appealing. One of the best places for vegetarians as the menu actually has a vegetarian section, which is so uncommon in Mazatlan. Just down the street off the Golden Zone at the Panama corner. Service is really good and the coffee is hot and fresh. Talk to the bird, he talks back!

khachosan, Owner at Jungle Juice, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you ofr your kind review. Please come back soon. Love, Khacho

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I've just finished breakfast at Jungle Juice. I was the first one in here for the morning. The server didn't even greet a "Buenas dias" but just pointed me to a table.

Ordered the Leon combo breakfast: Scrambled eggs, three minuscule bacon, and watered down orange juice. Coffee was good.

I then ordered avena, oatmeal cooked in hot meal. Awful! The oats were old and stale.

I told the server that I didn't like the taste of it and left the rest of the bowl untouched.

To my surprise, the oatmeal was included when the bill came. And that's customer service!

The server then started to argue with that that's their regular recipe and cooked the way it should be. "Pero la avena esta mala....huele mal."

I paid the bill...

I know the owner responds to these negative reviews, I hope he looks into this case of old stale oatmeal.

The parrot was quiet throughout this ordeal.

Dear Pilgrim,
We depend on Sam's Club for much of our raw material. When our delicious Quaker oatmeal ran out my partner bought what was available. I was out of town. Same goes with the bacon. Sam's stopped carrying the expensive, DAK, and we are left with local stuff. It shrivels and I have found no other substitute. Right now were are just "out of bacon". Glad you liked the coffee and were happy Pamfilo was quiet...he was probably as embarrassed as I am. I will SPEAK to my waiter of 10 years for not "buenos dias-ing" his/my customers and for charging for unacceptable food (I hope he just forgot to tell the cashier). Please come back, ask them to call me and I will come and make sure your are happy. Gracias, Khacho

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We ended up going about 2-3 times this visit. Food is great, wish I could have had the French Toast everyday. Plus, the jungle juice drinks are amazing. I've been going there for over 20 years and it is still the best. This time we were able to catch up with the owner Catcho who is a pure delight.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We having been coming to Mazatlan since 2002 and have never tried Jungle Juice. After one visit my husband say we have to go back soon. He had the omelette and I had two eggs, pancakes and bacon. Only problem - no flour to make the pancakes. No problem for me, I really don't need pancakes. However, before I could say anything they offered French toast. I had my eggs Sunny Side Up and they were muy bueno! Very fresh and delicious. The French toast was wonderful and my husband really enjoyed his omelette. The bird is really awesome. Walk over and talk to him. He says lots of things and will even laugh at you. Well, at least he laughed at me. As we were walking put he said: adios and then whistled. Made my day. The bird really adds to the atmosphere.