“Great Way to See Sea of Cortez & Mazatlan”

Mi Casa Viajes - Private Day Trips
Ranked #11 of 49 Tours in Mazatlan
More attraction details
Owner description: Come sail with us on, Mazatlan Sailing Tours, eco tours, whale and dolphin watching and lots more! Welcome aboard Micasa with a storyteller and master sailor Cpt. Eduardo & first mate Kym. Discover the great diversity of marine life sea lions, sea birds, giant mantas, whales, dolphin, sea turtles and a variety of tropical fishes. Go swimming in quiet bays, kayak to or around islands & snorkel, or hike the island trails. Relax and enjoy an afternoon sunset wine and cheese cruise on our 44ft classic ketch and watch the spectacular pacific sunsets over the islands. Promises to be the most memorable experience in Mazatlan.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife, son and mom had a great time today with Eduardo and Sergio. The boat was older as some have noted but this is actually a good thing since most charter sail boats do not have a rear deck or a large above the cabin to relax. If you got on a Sloop (1 main and 1 front jib) instead of a catch like this company offers there is no where to sit safely except for benches around the wheel in the back which is not nearly as comfortable as this boat. Snacks and drinks were good but not great. The kayak ride to the Island and beach was fun and all visits to Deer Island require some navigation on our own or in a smaller boat to the beach since there isn't a dock on the island. Make sure and lather up on sun block though since there was minimal shade on board.

1  Thank bjamison27

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Captain Eduardo picked my husband and I up at our hotel in the morning for a private tour. We were entertained all day by Eduardo, he shared stories and history and fed us like kings. We saw dolphins, toured around, bird, stone and deer island. The trip was the most economical private tour we've ever taken. Eduardo also provided us recommendations as to where to eat along the Malecon, where to shop, other activities to try. I just wished we had taken our tour with Eduardo earlier in our time so we could have followed up on more of his recommendations. Thank you Captain, we will be back!!

1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Booked this trip one day before and got lucky because another twosome cancelled. I went with my 17 year old daughter. There were only 4 other people on the boat and they were all in their 50's like me. I thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. I had great conversations with the other people on board, and Capt. Eduardo is extremely intelligent, unique and entertaining. He let us know right away that spotting whales this late in the season may not be possible, but honestly after listening to a few of his stories, I just wanted to hear what he had to say the entire trip. Capt. Eduardo is someone every person on earth should meet. From the very first minute you meet him you feel like he was your best friend your whole life. The only thing I would recommend is to not bring younger people on this tour. My daughter enjoyed lying on the sun deck of the boat, but she was left out of the conversation loop. Overall rating is 5 stars.

3  Thank ylekiote
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I will just echo what many others have written. It was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. Our sailboat is put away for the winter, so it was great that Eduardo let me take the helm of Mi Casa! Unlike the more-publicized catamarans, Mi Casa actually sails. And we were two of only four guests that afternoon. Will definitely do it again next time.

1  Thank RoryandStella
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We got exactly what we were looking for with Eduardo. We booked his boat for a private charter in the evening for a little sailing, swimming, and watching the sunset. He gave us more than we could have asked for. We always try and avoid any of the tourist crammed, non-personal experiences while on vacation and this was exactly it. There are so many great things I could say about the experience: the tour, the snacks, conversation and overall ambiance that Eduardo works hard to create. I think the best way to capture the essence of the experience is to imagine you have a good long time friend who is passionate about boating, loves to entertain and lives locally in Mazatlan. This is a trip with that very friend!

3  Thank Raleigh M