New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Mazatlan
Calgary, Canada
“Our Wedding Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Conchita Room the evening of our wedding. The hotel and the room are simply beautiful! After seeing the "before" photos of what this hotel used to look like, you can certainly appreciate all the work that has gone into it.
The Conchita Room is HUGE! I'm pretty sure the luxurious bathroom is much bigger than the room itself. I enjoyed a hot, jacuzzi bath after the long day. We had the Romantic Getaway package so, I also had a massage and I chose to have it in our room. It was so relaxing. We also got the chocolate covered strawberries and the champagne but, I wasn't feeling very well so, we never did get to enjoy them.
A lot of people complain about the beds in Mexico being very hard and while this is true at most places, it's not true in the Conchita Room. The bed was super soft but, I really didn't like it. I actually prefer the hard Mexican beds. Just a preference.
Unfortunately, I woke up the next morning quite ill so, I didn't get to use the pool. It's small but, cute and has an amazing view. If I ever get the chance to stay here again, I will make sure it is more than one night. It's truly breathtaking and romantic. A great choice for any couple!

Room Tip: There are only 8 rooms. Check them out online to see what you're looking for and book in advance...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
CasaLucila, Manager at Casa Lucila Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2014
Dearest Kokomeister,
I'm so sorry you were ill and unable to enjoy much of what our hotel and staff had to offer! Please let us know when you come back again as we'd like to have you relive the Romantic Getaway package but without the illness! Thanks for the tip on the softness of the beds as you are 100% correct, everyone has their own preference! We appreciate the honesty as folks reading these reviews should know what to expect based on other people's travels experience.
Hoping to see you again,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My three night stay was very pleasant. The staff is very accomodating and very friendly. The restaurant food is good and reasonably priced. I am not the all-inclusive type of person, so my favorite thing was its location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Arlette429
Dearest Arlette,
Thank you for the short and sweet review! We hope that you enjoyed your stay enough to come back to visit us again. We agree that the all-inclusive deal is a person to person taste so thank you for choosing us to stay with.
Hoping to see you soon,
Canim Lake, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed at Casa Lucila for 7 days and did not regret it! Would stay again.
Location is perfect - right on the ocean, with amazing views, and only minutes from the Historical Centre.
Loved the Conchita Room we stayed in on the top floor! Room is extremely spacious and bathroom is huge with its own balcony. You cannot help but feel opulent in a room of that size. The only negative is that the room opens onto the pool area (shared by all rooms in hotel) with no private area that is dedicated to the room. So if you wish to sit in front of your room next to the pool, get ready to share. We were lucky that we were the only ones there for most of our vacation, but I do not think it would be the same in the busy season. First two days there were other guests on the same floor in Lupita room, and it felt like we were intruding on their pool time and vice versa,...If there would have been guests in that room the whole time, we probably would not have used the pool as much. There is also only 5 suntanning chairs for 8 rooms, so this could prove to be a problem if you are there in busy season.
We had a great time and pool area to ourselves most of the time since we came in April at the end of the season. My only complaint - pool was a bit cool for my taste, and even if the staff was there every morning diligently cleaning the pool, the tiles looked dirty, mostly because grout and even tiles were missing in some areas of the pool. Pool definitely needs some maintenance.
Cleaning lady was extremely diligent, making the suite spotless everyday, but have forgotten to replace the shampoo and conditioner in our room the whole time we were there, and I did not know how to ask her for more since I cannot speak spanish and she could not speak any english.
Best part about the hotel, is the Water's Edge restaurant at the hotel. All of their food is amazing and their staff is extremely nice and will deliver to your room! Also very important - they have traditional American/Canadian breakfast - eggs and bacon with potatoes and toast, mmm - can't start the day any other way!
In short, I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Conchita and Lupita rooms are on the toop floor right at the pool area - best location if not a busy...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest Selena,
Thank you for the honest review! Our pool has definitely undergone some serious thorough cleaning renovations. We've completely retiled the entire pool which unfortunately took a few days to do so we needed to close off the entire rooftop area. I'm happy to say that the pool is ready and waiting for your next attendance.
Please do not hesitate to ask the reception desk members for more amenities as we do not want you to be without shampoo!
Wishing you well,
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are looking for a private stay then this hotel is for you. We had the rooftop balcony and pool to ourselves for the entire week. The hotel is in a great location near old town Mazatlan with excellent views of the ocean and a secluded beach right on your doorstep. This is the best choice for couples looking to avoid the busy resorts, you will not be disappointed.

The rooms are spacious and immaculate, the cleaning and maintenance staff clean the room, rooftop patio and pool every day, up keeping the entire space to perfection.

The restaurant in the hotel, The Waters Edge Bistro is amazing with great food and extremely friendly staff that speak excellent English.

Only one minor con, the pool needs work, a few tiles have fallen off and the grout has gone from white to a dirty yellow/brown. The pool has a pigeon problem, we were visited by about 20-40 pigeons throughout the day. They come because they know there is fresh drinking water in the pool, the problem is they sit on the pools ledge and crap all over it. The hotel maintenance staff clean this every morning however the ledge gets dirty throughout the day. There are some plastic owls on each side of the pool in an attempt to ward off the pigeons however I did not see a single pigeon fly away because of the owls.

Room Tip: Stay in Conchita, huge room, huge bathroom and right on the top floor with easy access to the roofto...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest Chris,
Thanks for the shout out! We absolutely agree that those pigeons are the most Annoying creatures ever! We've tried everything... from putting spikes near the edges of the pool (did not look attractive) to the owls (tried & failed) as well as putting a net over the railing so birds don't come on down to our area. Needless to say, we get them occasionally but are still trying to come up with a solution so they do not return. We'd love to hear any possible solutions you may have!
I am happy to say that since you have visited us we have completely redone the pool and there are no more fallen tiles. We'd love for you to come back and we'll make sure to have the Conchita room ready for you once more for another relaxing trip!
Wishing you the best,
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is the second time that I have been to Casa Lucila and I must say that this is one of my favorite hotels to stay at. Every time I arrive, I am always greeted with such a friendly and accommodating staff! Each time I need to get away from my hectic work, I now know the place to go. I'm able to get away from the hustle and bustle and escape to a serene location.

When in doubt, pick Casa Lucila. Such a great space, great location and great people!

Room Tip: I would pick the Lupita room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SocMan
Dearest SocMan,
Thanks for coming back and giving us another fabulous review! We really enjoy your visit each time you come so please let us know when you will be back and we'll get you set up in the Lupita room with your favorite drink in hand.
Best,
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Casa Lucila for five days in March. It was our first visit to Mexico and we couldn't have had a better time. The hotel's location in the historic center of town was fantastic for visiting the cultural sites, shops and market. The rooftop deck lounge chairs overlooking the Pacific Ocean were amazing (like being on the beach without the messy sand!) and restful. The room was spacious, immaculately clean and the bed comfy. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful (we were able to schedule massages and pedicures) and the restaurant in the hotel was a nice plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dearest MPBoccard,
Thank you for the fantastic review! We pride ourselves on our staff as they are the fabric of our boutique hotel so thank you for the shout out to them. We hope you and your husband decide to come back again soon and we'll get you scheduled for another massage and pedicure!
Many thanks for the review,
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Casa Lucila was a great choice to stay in Mazatlan...quite a nice experience!
We came here for our honeymoon 15th February for 5 nights. My husband and I stayed the principal room "Conchita". Very serene, well located by the pacific ocean in a calm Street, great service and friendly staff.
Rooms are in their best of conditions with a huge bathroom
Simply, a perfect place to enjoy the best sunsets ever seen...we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elinor M
Dearest Elinor,
Thank you for the shout out to Mazatlan's beautiful sunsets! We are so proud to be able to offer our guests a magnificent view from the rooftop by our infinity pool. We hope you come back again soon and enjoy a second honeymoon!
Many thanks,