“Hit the Spot!”
Review of Panama

Panama
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Mazatlan
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were feeling unwell one day and a fellow traveler recommended the Chicken Noodle soup at the Panama Restaurant in the Golden Zone. We took them up on their suggestion and we were not disappointed. Best soup we have ever eaten. We felt much better afterwards. Yes, we had Grandma's but, this was better!

1  Thank judyjudyjudy9
Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We love to go to Panama Restaurant for Breakfast and then get bakery goods for later in our resort. Just too great not to visit here and when I say Bakery you will find everything your sweet tooth can crave here, LOL.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We love to eat a Panama Bakery. We have eaten at two different locations in Mazatlan and had excellent breakfasts at both. The panckes are wonderful and "the norteno" was wonderful. I enjoy both the Mexican and American/Canadian style breakfast here. My husband and I usually share a fruit plate. The fruit is ripe and has just the right amount of sweetness. We shy away from the dessert cart, but did buy some delicious crescent rolls on the way out the door to have later with homemade soup. We noticed that many local people frequent this restaurant. If you have a chance, be sure to go to Panama!
I might add food presentation is gorgeous.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

great bread, good breakfast, good coffee, good prices. i ordered ham and cheese crepes, very satisfying.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I visited the Zona Dorada (Golden Zone) location after a recommendation from the Events Coordinator at Pueblo Bonito. I was in need of a birthday cake for my mom's 50th birthday and we were in Mazatlan to celebrate. I am a baker here in the U.S. so instead of letting the Events Coordinator handle the details, I went there personally to speak with them. I was so grateful that I am almost fluent in Spanish because none of the bakery staff spoke enough English to understand some of my requests. Despite a little extra effort, they were extremely pleasant and very helpful. The cake turned out fabulous and was exactly what I ordered. They got every detail just right. I did not eat at the restaurant, but the bakery is worth stopping by for a treat. We had a two layer 10" round cake with strawberry marmalade filling. With delivery to Pueblo Bonito and fireworks to put on top of the cake, my total was $17.50 USD. I can't think of one place in the States where I would have gotten that deal.