“This hotel is a lovely quiet getaway.”

Hotel Villas Los Angeles
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Manzanillo
Victoria, Canada
“This hotel is a lovely quiet getaway.”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed here for the month of January 2011 and it was just great. The owners Michel and Patricia are wonderful hosts and this lasted the whole month, not just the initial welcome.

We particularly liked the staff, many of whom have been there for years. The hotel has a hill location with 360 degree views and a lovely pool area. Every unit is a suite setup and many regulars stay a month or two every winter. Theft of valuables is non-existent.

There is no restaurant on site and it is a 10 min walk (2 min cab ride & cab rides are cheap) to the main thoroughfare. This insulates you from the noise and traffic.

Our only minor gripe was the need to maintain standards: the suite appliances, TV's etc. were good in some suites and poor in others. So, Michel, get to work!

So stay here, you will enjoy yourself.

Clive & Diane - Victoria, BC, Canada

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clive_Diane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2011

spent 2 weeks in 3 bedroom villa. very clean. Pool area has great views, with laid back feel. Friendly staff. A couple of minutes walk down the hill to a nice cove beach, but a 5 minute cab to one of the nicest beaches we have come across. There are plenty of restaurants and pub style places close buy as well. Just ask the front desk person for info on what your interested in and you will have all you need to make an informed decision. Excellent weather and warm ocean. We will definitely be returning next year, same time, same place! P.s. If you are a golfer, Las Hadas golf course is an excellent course, not easy, but beautiful and challenging, and only minutes away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Razzzor66
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 9, 2011

First of all I picked this place due to great reviews here. I was NOT disappointed. I stayed at room 215, which was a bit more expensive than the other rooms BUT worth all the money. We had a great view over the Santiago Peninsula, it was clean and there was a kitchen so we could make our own food if we did not want to go out. We had our 2 year old daughter a long with us, so it was nice that we were not forced to go out eating.

The staff - especially the two owners (Canadian/mexican couple) was very gentle. Called the cap, when we needed it, said they could take care of our daughter if we wanted to go out for a romantic dinner and had a lot og suggestions good suggestions of what to do.

We did not feel comfortable sending them our credit card information through mail, which is what you have to do if you want to live here. You can fax and call them as well. But they said no problem and we made the reservation without giving personal information. The next time we return - beacuse it 100 % we gonna return one day- we will not doubt whether we should pay or not. These guys are trust worthy and we hop to be back soon.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DanielFonseca
Washington State
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We absolutely loved our stay at Villas Los Angeles. The owners, Michel and Patricia are so darn friendly and helpful and they are on the premises a lot. The hotel is small which makes it easy to get to know your neighbors if you so choose. It has a beautiful pool. We would definitely stay here again! It is a bit out of the way so we did have to take a cab everywhere but we didn't find that a big deal.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 2, 2010

a 10-15min walk to one small beach ("audiencia") dominated by an all-inclusive hotel.but drive,bus ,or taxi to restaurants,stores and other beaches. nice management, but this place is 20 years old, tired, and in nee..d of a major upgrade.... R@K ...canada

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 12, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed her in early April and had never been to Manzanillo prior to this trip. We looked at a few different properties and decided on Villa Los Angeles after seeing a lot of other positive reviews and having very timely and responsive email correspondence in our decision process.

The hotel sits up on a hill offering amazing views on two sides of the water. Although not right on the beach, there is a great breeze that keeps things comfortable and the pool was in great shape our entire trip. The one challenge about the location is there isn't a lot of food options in the immediate vicinity, however a reasonable walk or a quick and cheap cab ride were easy enough to take care of our food options. The room we stayed in had a full kitchen so we were also able to eat a few meals in our villa. You should also know this isn't a big fancy resort with all that comes with that, it is small, good for families, and not overly crowded.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the managers were there to answer any questions and make our trip as comfortable as possible. Having never been to Manzanillo before, I had a ton of questions, and they never seem put out by me always asking about different food options, different recreation options, shopping, etc... The hotel was also good about trying to send us to places where the staff spoke English. Although I speak some Spanish, my girlfriend was comfortable going to places where she could also speak with the waiters.

Story: I had the misfortune of getting what I later found out to be bronchitis basically the first day I got to Mexico, likely something that I had just contracted right before leaving the states and hitting me within the first 24 hours of my vacation. I had a fever of ~103F the 2nd night and thought I would have to go home. It took me a little while to realize I was sick as I was and when I finally figured out I needed some help and likely some medication, I realized how lucky I was to be staying at Villa Los Angeles. When I told Michel (the manager) what was going on and that I needed some advice on a pharmacy or otherwise, he said he could get me in to see a doctor, at 7pm at night. Well, he actually drove me to the doctor in his car, waited for me to get in, drove me to the pharmacia to get a prescription and brought me back to the hotel, almost 2.5 hours of his precious time! He saved my vacation. To top it off, I bought a huge word carving later in the week and he helped me package it up for the plane ride home. By the end of the vacation I felt like I had a new friend in Mexico.

Bottom line, if you don't need a 5-star resort (and be careful because some of these are over-rated) and you want a smaller hotel, with a friendly staff, don't mind walking 15-20 minutes here or there, Villa Los Angeles can't be beat.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Great hotel, clean, the personnel is very friendly and helpful. The view is awesome. If you're going for a real break this is the place, quiet and beautiful.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple