“Great place to visit!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great place to visit!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Barra is delightful! If you're going on a sunny day you'll need a hat! I have visited Barra many times, the first time I didn't have a hat and could hardly open my eyes to see. This place is sun and sea personified! Take a boat out to Mary's, a restaurant unreachable without the boat. It's great fun. Shop til you drop in Barra,they have everything you could ever want for Mexican souvenirs.
It's a bit touristy but its great fun. Close your eyes and imagine what it was like when the Spanish sailed here (I think) on Christmas Day in 1546 or so. It must have been incredible. There are signs around town to help you realize the history here. When I'm in Barra I often think what it must have been like for the indigenous people to see those Spanish ships and those conquistadores come ashore. Yikes! Enjoy the place, it's great!

1 Thank francinebellini

Saskatoon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very interesting town”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We visited as part of a tour, and had a great time. There was some good shopping, much cheaper than in Manzanillo, but at least some Spanish-speaking ability is very helpful here. We were only able to find one bank machine which had a line-up that we didn't have time to wait in, so be sure to bring some cash if you want to shop. We took a very scenic boat ride to Mary's Restaurant, ate right beside the water and had a very attentive waiter who got my wife some very good (and freshly made) guacamole. I'd be happy to visit here again.

1 Thank Catguy1900
Spaxton, United Kingdom
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 243 helpful votes
“Dirty, Not Nice.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place is dingy, dirty, and full of dope heads.
If this is your sort of place get on there now.
There are many aging hippys who should be in rest homes, but the place seems to attract them. I am sure it has some appeal, but not to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Thank Mike D
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good fishing”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband cought 5 fish in 4.5 hours. He had 3 tuna's on at once and a needle fish. We managed to barter a good price and enjoyed the trip alot.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank L N
San Diego, California
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Must visit!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

great place, great people, amazing fun!
If you happen to be in the area, it's a must!! even better if you stay there and have the time to soak in this wonderful place.

Visited October 2012