Palm trees in front, the rocks below, and the pacific as far as the eyes can see...our view from bungalow 3. Pepe's was our last stop on a 10 day road trip from Mexico City. Upon arriving in Manzanillo, an industrious port town in the stat of Colima, I was skeptical about what Pepe's could really offer, but once entering La Punta, the secluded peninsula where Pepe's is located, all reservations slipped away. What makes Pepe's truly spectacular is the fact that the beautiful Palapas (the huts or bungalows) meld in with the beautiful landscape instead of intruding like most of the architecture in the area. Oh yeah, and the shower in our Bungalow has to be the best shower I've ever been in....you'll have to see for yourself =). The proper is open and airy, with plenty of outdoor space, a hot tub with a view and a lovely swimming pool. A beautiful private beach is only a 10 minute walk, though you can walk down to the sea and walk along the rocks right on Pepe's property.
Pepe's is also all inclusive, which for me instantly sounded like a cheesy Cancun get away. But not to worry, Pepe's is all about quality and class. The food was consistently delicious, the drinks were abundant, and the hospitality was first class. While breakfast and lunch (which consists of yummy botanas aka snacks) are served at leisure, dinner is at 6. It sounds early, but when you are completely immersed in relaxation and going with the flow of the day, 6 is quite perfect leaving you with just enough time to catch the sun setting. Also, breakfast, lunch and dinner may seem a bit much at the same place, but when you are on the secluded Punta, figuring out where you next meal will be is just one less thing you have to worry about.
The staff is completely unobtrusive, but always around when needed. We even had the privilege of dining with Pepe himself a few of our nights there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Pepes Hideaway ... a private nature reserve in Manzanillo, Mexico offering accommodations in luxury thatched-roof bungalows with spectacular views and awesome sunsets - all nestled in a tropical garden of giant coconut palm trees, towering cacti, brilliant bougainvillea, and producing banana tress. Pepe's believes in the adage that the land does not belong to us, we belong to the land. The accommodations are picture perfect palapas (thatched roof bungalows) with 20 foot ceilings, a sitting patio, native equipales (hand made chairs and tables) to take in the awesome sunsets, the nature show in sea in front of you, the magnificent coastline and distant mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Pepes Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pepes Hideaway Manzanillo
- Pepes Hideaway Hotel Manzanillo