“Nice outdoor setting”
Review of La Boquita

La Boquita
Ranked #25 of 192 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This small restaurant under an open-air palapa is on the same property as Palma Real Hotel. I've been eating there for many years and it is consistently excellent (I own a vacation home nearby).
Reviewed November 19, 2012

There are many small restaurants in this area all offering a wide variety of seafood and fish dishes. In many of these you can chose the fresh fish you want to eat, have it cooked and stuffed and served the way you like it. Great dish for 2 to 20. You decide and choose the fish, many types available from Snapper to Dorado (Mahi Mahi to us northerners). There is swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, banana boat rides and wave runners available. Many days there is live music and, of course, lots of vendors cruising from table to table selling everything from dresses, purses, jewelry to pottery.

1  Thank Sharon e

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were so discouraged when stopping at #1 for a late lunch to find only one vacant table and the others filled with very noisy young people. It was also very, very hot because of the crowd. We saw, rather than heard, musicos and decided that was the last straw so we left. We drove to #3, not far up the street, and found it much larger, not crowded, with a refreshingly cool breeze blowing in off the ocean. There were musicians who we could hear since the restaurant was not so noisy. My husband ordered fish tacos which he loves at Lake Chapala, but these were shredded fish and more Mexican styled. I had one of them and thought they were fantastic and very tasty, but he preferred the fried style. My dinner of grilled red snapper was so delicious that I would have loved to return and repeat my meal. A very pleasant dinner.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Great beach to rent aquatic toys and to play in the water. If you have little ones that aren't confident in swimming then this is the place to bring them. You will have tons of locals from neighboring towns visiting on the weekends. Very safe. Clean (except for weekends due to volume of people).

2  Thank Wavefarmer
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We've been in Manzanillo almost a month now, and have eaten at many places (good, and not so good) around town. Our favourite place thus far has been La Bouquita--we've visited for breakfast once, and lunch twice.

First of all, the location is amazing... the open air restaurant sits just steps away from a lagoon and a beach... it is surrounded by lovely gardens, butterflies galore, and beautiful tropical birds.

The service is fantastic--we've had 2 different waiters, and both have been terrific. They are totally charming and have great senses of humour and it would be worth going just to spend time with them.

Finally--the food. The food is fantastic--best food I've had since we've been in Mexico. I've had shrimp twice, and both times it's been prepared to perfection. My husband had the Mexican platter once and really enjoyed it, and today had a beef dish (name escapes me) and loved it. The margaritas are also the best I've had on this holiday.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting this area!

3  Thank pharvey47
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Been coming here for 16 years, and food is good, waiters (especially Saul and Salvadore) are terrific. Best Tortilla Soup in Manzanillo. Excellent fish, tacos, burgers, chicken, shrimp. At night Jesus is on the Keyboards and often Salvadore sings Mexican favorites and sometimes Maricella (the owner) too. Almost all guests are Gringos from Club Santiago and Vida del Mar areas.