Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
greenc70
Hillsboro, Oregon

Awesome Airconditioning

Review of Hotel Colonial
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 2, 2012
We didn't have a reservation, so got a room meant for six people (instead of four). Still worth the money. It was very clean and although the furnishings looked "old" more than "colonial", everything was well taken care of. Beds were really comfy, but the most important things was the air conditioning. It was HUMID and HOT, but five minutes with the A/C on and it was perfect. Soooo very close to the city center and all the buses going anywhere in Manzanillo. Didn't try the restaurant, but the menu had lots of great food listed and many dishes were American-style. We only went there for showering and sleeping since Manzanillo has way too much to offer to not look around! A wonderful hotel and I would love to go back.
Date of stay: August 2012
0.9 miles from Hotel Colonial
    $68
3.7 miles from Hotel Colonial
View more hotels in Manzanillo
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We've spent 2 nights in the Colonial at different times and it is a real throw back to a time when hotels were classy places in the city center. It is spotless, well maintained, and has a nice restaurant. It's also handy for a walking tour of the city center, including the market place, lots of nice shops, the port, and the Iguanario, an iguana reserve that is a must see, although not well known. Try and get a room with a patio overlooking the street. Nothing like being in an old colonial hotel with a view of the hustle and bustle of the city. Mexico is so much more than beach resorts. Manzanillo is not one of the great colonial cities but it is a place you might pass through while traveliing around and the Hotel Colonial is a perfect spot for a layover.

Room tip: one facing the street with acess to the deck
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank cesped
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The pics need to be updated. A bank has takenover the front part of the resterraunt

still a nice place just not the grand ole place it use to be

Date of stay: February 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sidnye
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night and found the place a delight. The rooms were large, clean, great bathroom, comfortable bed, and air conditioned. We paid slightly more than normal but found it worth while (400M). Some rooms had a deck looking out onto the streets. We were in the top room, which was a hike up, but a little further from the street noises. Ear-plugs are supplied but we found weren't needed. The reception staff weren't too helpful, but all in all the location, hotel and room where all worth the money. We would stay again!

Room tip: See review
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2011

The property is located in the old city center next to the cruise port. It is in a perfect location if you want to be in the city but not in the beach hotel zone. Most beach tourists will be in another area of Manzanillo about 20 to 30 minutes away. We really liked the hotel and the room was spacious especially the bathroom.

Room tip: Interior room for less street noise
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This hotel cancelled our reservation because we were "10 minutes late" and by the time we showed up had already given it to some one else. I would understand their point of view except they never informed me that I had to be there by a certain time. Had they given me a copy of their policies or a warning I would take the blame but I stated in my reservation that I would be there "approximately around 5pm" I showed up at 5:10pm and the 3 rooms i reserved were already full... I didn't believe this story, how could they find 3 guests so quickly??? and when I asked to speak to the manager (because the front clerk was unprofessional and rude to us, she gave him the whole story in front of me and then replied... "he says he is busy, you can come back later" .... I couldn't believe the manager would not even show his face! Need I say more?? Most hotels have certain cancelation policies stated ahead of time, they did not.! also most hotels would understand if your plane was delayed? they did not! I am believe in courtesy and treating people with respect, and they did not return the courtesy with which i treated them. there are many other reasonably priced hotels in the area, we ended up staying on the beach in a slightly better quality hotel with FAR GREATER customer service for only $15 more per night! I guess the incident worked out for the best!

Date of stay: May 2011