We have been to the Barcelo in Ixtapa multiple times and it is the best value on the Ixtapa strip by far. This past January we splurged and went to the Barcelo Karmina Palace/Manzanillo which is a couple hundred miles north of Ixtapa but has the same consistently great winter weather - always nice & warm, always sunny or slightly overcast and almost never rains. We were not disappointed. This hotel commands a prime spot on the bay with its own tiny little cove and beach which is bracketed on either side by the 18th hole of Las Hadas - a par 3 over water. We upgraded to the Premium package which got us a very nice suite with incredible bathroom and great view, unlimited dinners at the ala carte restaurants and premium drinks. The drinks and Premium Club room were somewhat of a joke - you had to make your own drinks and the food was canapes and assorted appetizers from the buffet - not wonderful but not a big deal since there is all the food you want anyway in the All-Inclusive package. Food and beverage staff was fantastic - especially Francisco and Pedro at the nice restaurants. The concierge got us the most romantic table for our 30th anniversary dinner out at the palapa restaurant that was perched over the water on this little balcony set below the main dining area - very special. The only negative I would report is that the front desk staff was less than friendly and helpful. They advertize that they will change money but only do during very limited hours. There is not much to do in Manzanillo and that is OK with us. The pool complex is huge with lots of seperate areas to hang out. We enjoyed plenty of space except for the obnoxious Canadian motormouth who wanted to be sure that EVERYONE heard his important conversations - what a boor. The rest of the gringoes were almost all Canadians and we really enjoyed meeting and chatting with a number of them. And you gotta try the waterslide! Even though it is posted as age-restricted, we snuck up and tried it - what a kick in the butt! Absolutely FLEW down and landed almost upside down. My wife lost her bikini top - lotta fun! Definitely give this place a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo