We decided to book a holiday this year in Manzanillo, prices were great, and heard lots of great things. We went for 2 weeks and just returned home February 14. I cannot say enough great things about the Barcelo. The rooms are gigantic. Biggest room/bathroom at any resort we have ever had. All rooms have a beautiful view of the ocean. We enjoyed it from the 7th floor. Unreal.
The food was spectacular, the people were so nice, the beaches at the resort and at miramar were breathtaking, and the convenience of everything was perfect. We booked at all the ala cartes and liked 2 out of the 3. The Mexican had an unbelievable view, the food at The Italian was by far our favourite and the view and beautiful outdoor atmosphere was perfect, and the Japanese restaurant was just ok. We didn't like that it was indoors, and the food wasn't that great.
We booked a few excursions with the transat and they were all fantastic. Turtles and mangroves were so great being able to hold a baby turtle. Fishing was ok. I guess your never guaranteed to catch anything, but after 5 hours only one tuna was disappointing. The ATV tour was by far the best. The view going up the mountain was perfect. I highly recommend this excursion, with a fantstic guide to go with, Marco.
The staff around the resort were very nice. Always said hola with a smile. I think that the grounds around the pools and the beach could use more waiters. Those guys have such a huge area to cover and trying to get a drink was tough at times.
The entertainment staff were so happy and had such a great sense of humour. We became very close with Paulina as she truly went out of her way for us with anything we asked. She is a huge asset to your resort. Maybe next year I will win at bingo. Lol
We travelled off the resort lots. The markets were all fantastic. The convenience of a cheap 50 pesos cab ride was always available and fast service. The bus rides are a must while visiting manzanillo as it is only 7 pesos and an experience like no other.
Three of us braved going to Diego Castro and got tattoos. I highly recommend the work that Miguel Angel Mora did as he does unbelievable work. The prices are awesome also.
I can't wait to show friends and family pictures and spread the word about this resort to others. We will definitely be back. We like to see other parts of Mexico but out of PV, Cabo, and Huatulco, this by far was our favourite.
Thanks again for making our two week stay an unforgettable one. It's sad to be back to reality.
See you soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo