I travelled with my two teen age children December 30th to January 6th 2014. Checkin on arrival was quite fast and we were in our room within 15 minutes. I had previously emailed Erika in reservations and requested a suite on one of the higher floors overlooking the ocean. We ended up in room 5032 which was one of the large suites overlooking the front of the hotel, town and the mountains. This turned out to be okay as the room was very quiet and extra large with a separate living room with pull out couch, tv, mini bar that could be shut off from the main bedroom area which also had a 2nd tv. It was clean, beds and pillows quite comfortable, even the couch. The mini bar was stocked daily with her, pop, water and snacks. Towels were never a problem and replaced daily if you wished. The rooms are a little dated and could use an upgrade.
The grounds, beach and pool area were meticulous and never a problem getting a lounge chairs(no need to get up early to reserve) and always fresh beach towels. The beach area is quite small, but the natural lagoon is great for snorkelling with lots of fish, sea turtles and stingrays. If you want to go for the long beach walk you can go through the gate on the east side of the property and walk for miles and it is perfectly safe. We rented seadoo's from the guys on site and they were great quality machines, fast and reliable, $60.00 half hour. Our beach and pool waiter "Hugo" was the best. Once he had a handle on what your favourite drinks were, you never went dry. Thank you.
The food was quite good at the buffets, with lots of variety and quick service. Monica who greets and seats you has that infectious smile and conversation that always makes you feel welcome.i The atmosphere and view at the Mexican ala carte was outstanding.
The games and activity room definitely needs some work (ping pong table and racquets weren't in the best of shape)
They went all out for New Years, a great meal, band, dance floor in the lobby, lots of champagne, great party favours, and an outstanding fireworks display up and down the whole beach and bay.
The weather was great with lots of sunshine and plus 30 everyday. A lot Mexican people also come to this resort for holidays but the bulk of the crowd was from Canada.
Town is within walking distance with all the usual types of shops (and of course a mexican walmart)
The staff at this resort were all top notch and couldn't do enough for you. As I said at the start - a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo