Stayed here, Feb 19-26 and loved every minute of it. Last year we stayed at the Tesoro and for the extra couple hundred bucks it was worth ever penny.
Check In was quick and painless for us and we even got a welcome margarita, our room was on the 6th floor and had an amazing view of the ocean, beach and pool area. House keeping was good, fridge stocked with 4 beers, 2 waters, 2 bags of nuts and a bag of chips. A/C worked great all week.
Food was really good at the buffet and was always something different. Waiters really went all out to make sure you were happy and served. Bars were quick and service was just as good. The only thing i didn't like was I couldn't get a mojito anywhere on the resort...oh well
We went fishing a few days with Discover Manzanillo and had a great time. First day we caught an 8'6" sailfish, next day our boat caught a 10'3" Blue Marlin, and the other boat caught about 20 - 25 Dorados. Some of our group went out again and caught a few tuna and lost a sailfish and on the other day they didn't get any fish but managed to save a humpback whale from a fishing net!!
Talk to Mariano and the boys at the towel hut and they will set you up with all that you need.
Everything that I liked or loved has been mentioned already, staff for the most part spoke decent English but we are quests in their country so I don't expect them to speak it perfectly. the A la Carte system was a bit of a pain but worth it in my opinion, the Mexican and Japanese were my favorites.
As far as AI in manzanillo goes this one is up there for quality and price...
We will be back next year for sure, hopefully for 2 weeks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Barcelo and Jetsetter so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo