I stayed here last year over Christmas and although there were many great aspects like the weather, I would not stay at this reort again. If you read my other reviews you will know that I am not picky. First I booked Club Premium and it wasn't really worth it.
I want to start with what was good about this place. Although the room was very dated and a little worn, it had two bedroom and two bathrooms - that I loved!!!!! It was great. But I did pay extra for that. Also the weather was awesome and nights warm.. The resort itself was smaller and nicely laid out so I appreciated that. Overall the regular staff were good but the Club Premium staff or should I say PERSON, not so great.
First and not the fault of the hotel, our trip Air Transat was delayed by almost a day and we got in at at very early time so of course had to wait to get a room. Club Premium supposed to have private check in but when we got there the lady was MIA and I found that to be the case anytime I needed something and went to find her.
I had stayed Royal Service at the Melia Caribe in Punta Cana and the service was great. They didn't have just one person working, there were several people. Plus the extra amenities were great.
There were a lot of little mishaps and mistakes made but I don't need to go into them. The most disappointing was the food variety. What they had was fine as I am not picky eater but I was shocked that guacamole was hard to find. The year before I stayed at a Riu in Cabos and the food was excellent and lots of variety.
This resort has mostly other Mexican tourists which is fine and don't have an issue with that but I did find they weren't interested in the typical "niceities". I am Canadian and although people like to cpmplain about the "Americans", I have always met many pleasant Americans on my holiday.
Would I go back to Manzanillo? Yes, would I stay here...No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barcelo Karmina***** hotel has been recognised with the prestigious AAA 4-Diamonds award. It is a spectacular feat of architecture inspired by the Mayan temples. Its tropical gardens with palm trees, along with 6 interconnecting swimming pools with waterfalls, create a romantic and relaxing paradise in a place brimming with fun for all the family. This 5-star hotel offers 324 luxury suites fully fitted with everything you need for a comfortable stay. In addition, all suites have balconies and excellent views of either the tropical gardens or the sea. The Barcelo All Inclusive programme at Barcelo Karmina hotel has been designed to ensure your complete satisfaction, enabling you to enjoy our 4 restaurants and their varied cuisine from different countries: Japanese, Mexican, Italian and international. And to complete your holiday in this spectacular luxurious resort, relax in the U-Spa, enjoy the gym, the beauty centre and attend the nightly shows and lively nightclub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Barcelo Karmina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Karmina Palace Deluxe Hotel Manzanillo
- Karmina Palace Manzanillo
- Barcelo Hotel Karmina Palace
- Barcelo Hotel Manzanillo