“Best Hotel I Have Ever Stayed In”

Hotel Vista Playa de Oro Manzanillo
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Manzanillo
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Hotel Vista Playa De Oro Manzanillo is the best hotel i have ever stayed in the food is wonderful the staff is very friendly the rooms are big and super clean the night shows are entertaining and wonderful for both kids and adults the service was beyond my expectations the beach is beautiful the night club is awesome the drinks are very tasty aslo i ended up staying there for a week i love this hotel and ever since that first time i stayed i go every year now and there is always something different and it just gets better and better i absolutely recommend this hotel!!!(:

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Cynthia A

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Overall good vacation spot. I was worried about the condition of the hotel because of Hurricane Jova hitting Manzanillo the week before I arrived. Hotel only had minor damage, but the is property is need of some superficial repairs and lots of repainting. From the balcony I could see roof tile damage and a lot of evidence of mold on exterior of buildings. The grounds are well maintained. The rooms were very adequate. The A/C made sleeping great. The view from the balcony was awesome. The Staff was extremely courteous and responded quickly to any request. No phone or internet the entire week because of the Hurricane. After the fact, that added to it being an enjoyable vacation. It took the hotel 2 days to turn on the hot water for the room, but a cold water shower initially added to the adventure. 'Senior Jorge' is the PR manager and is the person to talk to when you need any assistance; very professional and makes things happen, speaks fluent English. Food is geared for families; mostly buffets. Menu varied daily so something different every day and every meal. Breakfast included eggs to order. They do have an 'ala carte' two nights, for adults only; long pants and closed toed shoes required. Forget those requirement. Lots of kids and several in shorts and t-shirts. Kind of spoiled the special meal time away from the kids for those complying with the requirements. Beach is right across the main highway and very accessible. Hotel is located on Miramar Beach, so the beach is not really friendly for small children due to the larger waves. My concern at the beach was with the city infrastructure damage (visible broken main sewer lines) letting raw sewage flow directly into the ocean near the hotel. Several streets had 'water' running on them. The city was a hive of repair after the hurricane so I believe that will be fixed soon, especially with 'snow bird season starting in late November. Lots of things to do at the resort, especially if you have kids. The hotel really attempts to sell you an afternoon boat cruise; big mistake on my part. Not 'Gringo Friendly!!', in fact I felt very unwelcome on the cruize. Many bars scattered around the property. Best bar to relax at and too enjoy a view of the bay is the upper most bar (by the zip line start); great view of the bay and ships, and a nice afternoon breeze. The bar located on the beach is a great place to keep hydrated at while enjoying the sun and sand; they also have fast food there. Buses run right in front of the hotels, so I never used my vehicle. It costs about 40 cents to ride the bus into town; ask 'Sr. Jorge' about a great Shrimp restaurant. Overall, had a very enjoyable week, and I will visit there again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the bay.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Traveler9485
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed with my family in July for vacations. I booked the hotel (3 rooms) reading the descriptions on the website and thought it would be nice for the kids. When we arrived, we noticed the bad conditions of the public areas of the hotel. The kids pool had green mold on the walls. The sidewalks were very bad that we almost twist our ankles everytime we walked. I tried a hamburguer on the snackbar and I could do only a little bite as the meat was so hard and it smelled like a very old meat. In general the food is disgusting. The only meals that were ok were the ones during the Theme Parties at night. We could not sleep because of the noise of the air conditioning, it was like an old truck noise. The drain on the shower was blocked so everytime we had a shower the water level almost reached our ankles. It seems that the management does not invest any penny in the property for renovations. I would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Gabriela R
Alvar O, Manager at Hotel Vista Playa de Oro Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of yoru recent stay with us. All of our guest's comments are very welcome and we take all feedback very seriously, altough on occasions it may not be a very favorable one.

I am very sorry to hear that your experience with our hotel in some aspects was not completely satisfactory. Right now we are in the process of doing some renovations in the public areas, like the main pool. Other issues will be addressed in a short period of time.

We sincerely hope you will give us a second opportunity and if you do decide to favor us with your patronage, I will be most pleased to show you our improvements and have the pleasure of having you and your family as our guests.

Alvar Ojeda

Reviewed July 28, 2011

In need of repairs,,,some are in progress no hand rails on stair..to manny coble stones easy to twist an anckle. the farther you stay the more coble stones....and there is no hand rails on stairs

Room Tip: older person should ask to be near the pool on the first floor,,,
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ricard029
Alvar O, General Manager at Hotel Vista Playa de Oro Manzanillo, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We take note on what you mention about the cobble streets and remind our readers that in some areas, we have "pedestrian crossings" where the spaces within the rocks have been filled with cement in order to make it easier to walk. Please use them! We do hope to see you back at Vista Playa de Oro.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

I have never written a review or felt the need to write a review as I do for this Hotel. The staff was very courteous, friendly, and energetic. The food was authentic and alcohol was included!!!!!!!!!!! My kids ages 4,7,10 had a blast so we never left the hotel and ended up staying an extra day. The zip lines were so much fun for us and the kids. They have 3 pools and activities for guests throughout the day. I could not believe they even offered daycare for parents who prefer alone time. The beach was across the street and they had a bar with drinks available there too. They have great family oriented shows every night after dinner. GO NETO!!! We will definitely be back next year! Greetings from Gilbert Arizona!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Vacasiones2011GDL

I am so pleased to read about your vacation. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Those zip lines are indeed lots of fun, our guests don´t seem to get tired of them! Hasta la vista! and hope to see you back at Playa de Oro sometime!

Reviewed April 7, 2011

We did not know what to expect on our first family trip (kids-2,5,6). But this place was like a dream. We couldn't ask for more. Food, entertaiment, people, activities, everything was super! Our first pick was Club Meava, but I am really glad we finally choose Vista Hotel.
It's smaller and better for famillies with a young children.
Manzanillo is absoultely beautiful with a breathtaking views! And the weather is fantastic!
I hope we come back there soon!
Ohh and the beds in a hotel are great! I don't know what is it, but we all slept like a babies!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank ewelina36
Reviewed November 10, 2010

There is no place like home and that is how I felt when I arrived here this time. This was not my first stay at this hotel and will not be my last. I love this place! The staff are wonderful while although they mostly speak spanish they are try real hard to be able to communicate with you so that they are giving you exactly what you need. The hotel is authentic Mexico, not high rise hotel here, more like little villas everywhere, cobble stones streets take you up the hill to the top of the resort, you can walk if you like or take a ride from the many transport vehicles that will leave when you request for a ride to your room.
This is not my first review so please read the one from last year to get more information about the hotel and staff. My stay here consists the beach in the morning and the pool or nap in the afternoon, or walk the safe street to shops down the road. A very safe place to be for sure....

While the beach is accross the street I had no trouble hearing the waves break from my room, or just close the door to my balcony if I wanted peace and quiet!.
Jorge Ramos is there to answer any of your questions and to assist with any of your needs. He makes the resort a place that you want to return to, a place that you too would call home.

In my mind this place should be a 5 star! so don't let the 2.5 star fool you! If you plan your trip in the beginning of November any year you will probably find me there.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo