Our family was at Club Maeva from Feb 17 - 25th and it was fantastic!
We had no problems with the rooms we were given (2 - 2 bedrooms suites) the only issue we had with the rooms was the phone not working properly and that was fixed right away. As for a description of the rooms.....my husband called them Hacienda Flinstone.....they are pretty basic and not "plush" but honestly we were there to sleep and shower and that was about it.
The food is great if you are willing to try something new....if you are a burger, hot dog person.....well then yes it would get boring but our family had no issues with feeling like the food was ho-hum or for that matter cold or anything....it was great.
Be sure to book a few dinners at Alfredo's...the food and service was excellent.
Oh and for the bar......bring your large thermal cup or mug....any of the bartenders will gladly fill it with whatever drink you desire....its alot better than the little plastic cups they have.
We never had any issues with language barriers and we definatley found tipping helped....the servers got to know who we were and brought us a basket of baked goods each breakfast etc to our table.
We were in 502 and our children in 616....it was a little walk up to our room but not as bad as I think many people are making it out to be. Yes there were steep stairs to climb to the one bedroom in the room but if you go slow and hold on the wall it was fine. As for the complaints of fridges etc in the room......it was not an issue for us....its all inclusive....why would you want to worry about having a fridge in your own room.....just go get what you want when you want it at the bar or restaurant.
The water was purified in the resort so there was no issue with using ice etc in the drinks....I have a very sensitive stomache and it never affected me at all. They did recommmend not using the water brought into the room taps as they added chemicals to it and it did not taste very good....so we used bottled water to brush teeth etc.
As for entertainment....the Amigos are very fun and many are very easy on the eyes. Almost all of them are Canadian or American so language was never an issue. They always put on a fun entertaining show each evening which we always enjoyed.
Down at the beach....well Maeva does not have enough cabanas there but if you do not mind spending $8 a day and having a guaranteed cabana daily....see Armando just off to the left as you enter the beach. He has many cabanas for rent and we just guaranteed one for the week for us which was great because with the crowds it did not matter what time we got there....he had our cabana waiting. Be sure to bring your $$ to the beach though....there are many items brought around that are for sale pararo's. silver, bracelets, fruit etc....sit there long enough and you can avoid a trip to the market all together.
When at the beach...be sure to see Sabrina for an Ocean side massage $20 for 45 mins and it was amazing....you will know who she is....she has her massage table there everyday 10-6.
All I can say it is all about having a positive attitude and being on VACATION!!
We cannot wait to go back there again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gran Festivall All Inclusive Resort Manzanillo .. a beautiful property located at Miramar beach facing the blue waters of the Mexican Pacific. 32 acres of fun. An unique all inclusive experience. ALL INCLUSIVE• All meals buffet style plus optional a la carte dinner dining/domestic beer, wine & mixed drinks from 11 am-1am/4 restaurants (dress code applies)/4 bars. And beach club.• Entertainment/disco (adults only)/dance hall (children allowed)• 5 pools/children’s pool/adult pool/water slides/gym/archery• 10 tennis courts (6 lit) scuba & snorkeling lessons.• Children’s program (ages 4-12). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Gran Festivall All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Festivall All Inclusive Hotel Manzanillo
- Hotel Maeva Manzanillo
- Resort All Inclusive Maeva Manzanillo
- Club Maeva Manzanillo Mexico
- Maeva Manzanillo