Las Hadas By Brisas
$256
$215
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villas Los Angeles(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
$62
$99
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Dolphin Cove Inn(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
$65
$65
Hotel Colonial(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
$20
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Posada(Manzanillo)(Great Value!)
$45
$40
Travelocity
1,311 results
All reviewsbrisas beach clubgolf courselegazpi restaurantfishprivate poolmobility issueslobby barbo derekan older resortall inclusive optiona la cartechange roomsquiet resortsea urchinsother resortsadult only poolrelaxing vacation
Reviewed March 4, 2007

We attended Las Hadas the week of Feb 23 to March 2, via Air Transat.
The flight crew on the way to Manzanillo appeared as if they were in a contest to determine which among them could be least cordial. Hopefully, the attendant from our area received sufficient votes as she was very diligent in her application of “unfriendly”.
Otherwise, the flight left as scheduled and was fine.

Upon arrival in Manzanillo, we were overwhelmed by mosquitoes. We did land at dusk, and the number of mosquitoes was alarming. The passengers around us lining up for customs were all hoping this was not a prelude to the atmosphere of the resort. It was not.
The resort was aging, but elegant. The rooms were simple but clean. There were several tiny ants surrounding the shower and sink, but this was quickly remedied as ants aren’t very strong swimmers. We went as a golfing foursome, and those in the adjacent room had no such problems with ant.

The overall sprawling size of the resort and the attention to detail when it was constructed is an impressive statement. There were several areas built into the architecture which provided for isolated sitting and lunging, while being cooled by the breeze which seemingly reported for duty around 11:30 every day, and retired as the sunset.
A negative for our rooms was little insulation between rooms. It was easy to be awakened by a conversation occuring in the next room.
Overall, the service was good and friendly. The hotel was probably less than 50% full, which made for better service and comfortable space at the pool and beach, etc…

The restaurant upstairs from the lobby, (Leprize ?) was very nice and the food was quite good. I agree with other comments regarding the lunch buffet, not great. As part of the “all inclusive” the mediocre lunch was of significantly less consequence than to those who had to pay as they arrived. I can understand displeasure with the food for the prices the buffet was charging.

The Dolphine’s restaurant was equally mediocre. I don’t really care to comment about the meals as I am not a food critic in Canada, and therefore don’t feel particularly qualified to judge food otherwise. However there was a remarkable disparity in quality between the restaurant above the lobby and the others.

The balance of the dinners consisted of some theme nights, which included entertainment. The Italian theme night was quite good. The Mexican and International were good. The International was on the beach, which provided for a nice setting. The MC for the evenings had his microphone dialed to (seemingly) twice the volume as the rest of the show, which became irritating immediately.

We attended on the package which included golf daily. I would recommend the entire package based on the golf alone. It was never clear to any of us, nor could it be explained, why there is such little information posted regarding the golf course.

The design of the course is fairly open. It provides very nice framing and scenery with the palm trees lining the fairways, and the distant mountains serve as a majestic backdrop. Several holes run immediately parallel to the city streets, which distract from the visual beauty of the holes, but it is understandable given the geographic situation of the course.

The course condition was very good, particularly given the lack of rain at this time of year. The design is challenging for most golfers. Those who can eat up distance over the fairways only hurry to encounter the Pete Dye greens, which are usually the great equalizer. The course manager has a wicked sense of humor or a decided cruel streak, given some of the pin placements.
The course was essentially empty and we played when ever we desired. There were no bugs, plenty of wildlife and pleasant temperatures consistent throughout the week.

Overall, if you are able to attend all inclusive and like to golf and a nice quiet beach and resort, Las Hadas may suit your needs.

Stayed: March 2007
18  Thank bCNya
Reviewed March 2, 2007

This is a very large hotel spread out over long distances. If you have any sort of disability or problem with walking long
distances I do not recommend this hotel. Sure they have golf carts that can come and pick you up, if you can speak Spanish
The hotel is a long distance from anything, so you must pay for a taxi to escape. The food is not very good and is way overpriced.
We couldn't even find a taco on the menu.
A lunch buffet was $28 US dollars a person and consisted of hot dogs and chips. No drink could be bought for under $6 US.
A taxi ride was at least $5 US to the closet restaurant The main city of Manzanillo was $10 one way. We heard one lady
arguing with the check out person about a $10 cup of coffee. Since this was the main filming location for the movie "10" it played continuously
on the tv. The tv's were old so you could not plug in an ipod or dvd player. The floor of most of the rooms were marble
which became extremely slippery when wet. It seemed that everything about this hotel was to take as much money out of you
that it could. I was very disappointed and would not return.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank amysheaven
Reviewed February 27, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Las Hadas from Feb. 16-23. We chose this hotel after sevreal hours of research, mainly this site checking on what others had to say. I am happy to report that we definitely made a good choice!

We are in our late 30's and have traveled a fair amount. We were looking for something different in a holiday this time, as we have done the cookie cutter flashy all inclusive resorts and have found that they are just not for us. This time we wanted a resort that was still rated 4 stars or better, quiet, not too remote, oceanview room with balcony & all inclusive option.

We ended up booking through Transat Holidays which offered us a direct flight from Winnipeg, and had to be book as all inclusive (non inclusive is available but not to us). We paid a little more for the Brisas Beach Club Room which was well worth it this way you are closer to the beach (not so many stairs) and guaranteed a oceanview room. There is also a seperate adults only (quiet) pool this room category includes. We liked this very much and used it often, Serge the bartender from Montreal is excellent, your drinks are served in glasses and made top notch!!

As for the food we really enjoyed it! The morning breakfast buffet was simple not too many choices but more than enough for us. As for lunch you have choices of the Seafood Restaurant which offers the same menu options for lunch & dinner, all I can say about the food quality there is it is comparable to cruise food for those who have cruised before you know what I am talking about. Your other choice for lunch is the snack bar, which if you are sitting around the main pool area you can order something from their menu and have it brought to you, this is good if you don't feel like leaving your spot. As for your other option for dinner is Legazpi, definately don't miss going here it again is excellent with the service and food just like you would get in a fine dinning restaurant back home.

Now for the rooms, keep in mind this property is over 30 years old. All done in white so you may see a stain here and there on the bedding, drapes & furniture. We consider ourselves very fussy and for some reason this time we were able to overlook it considering everything else was so good.

To sum this up, I know this resort is not for everyone but for those who are like us and want a quaint, full of character, quiet resort with exceptional food then this is also the place for you!!!

Stayed: February 2007
18  Thank IcePrincessWinnipeg
Reviewed February 22, 2007

I'm just coming back from Las Hadas resort ..we were there for a week (feb11 to feb18) ..it was really good ..really quiet at night but i did notcare that much ...

the food was excellent ..the a la carte restaurant Legazpi was the best ...and staff was great too !!!

a lot of stairs ...not much to do in the city ..but overhall ..really good

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
6  Thank jejemontreal
Reviewed February 18, 2007

My husband and I just returned from our holiday to Manzanillo, Mexico. We stayed all inclusive at the Las Hadas Gelf Resort and Spa for 1 week. and had a great time.
The hotel and grounds are beautiful and well kept. The workers were always busy either snipping trees, painting, sweeping, washing, etc.
I was a bit worried about the food because I had read a few negative reviews about the food... however, the food was great! My husband is a rather picky eater but let me tell you, did he ever eat! You eat at Palmar every morning with your choice of breakfast buffet, lunch buffet, or you can have the cook fry you eggs or omelettes to your liking; for lunch you have the choice of Los Delphines, or the snack bar on the beach (which has a full buffet or menu, which ever you prefer); for supper you have the choice of either Lagazpi, Los Delphines, or the theme night, whatever it is (usually 3 times per week - italian, fishermans, or mexican) My husbands favourite was the Cajun tuna from Los Delphines, cooked medium rare. One of my favourites were the omelettes made right in front of us for breakfast. I also took advantage of the dessert menus that were brought after supper...
The service was overall very good. They actually do serve you drinks right on the beach! (as you lay there in the sun!) We also had a menu from the snack bar brought to us pool side, then they brought the food right to us afterwards...we felt quite lazy after a few days of this and both agreed that now we know what it's like to be a house cat. We have 3 kids aged 1, 5 and 8, so this laying around being catered to was very nice for a change.
A few meals took a bit longer than others, but when you're on holidays - who cares?
There were two things that may prevent some from thoroughly enjoying their stay at the Las Hadas: The stairs and the night life. Las Hadas is a great place if you want quiet. There is not much happening at night, which did not bother us at all. This was clear int he other reviews I read prior to going. There are also a lot of stairs. We were in room 1616, and tried to limit the walk to our room to twice a day. We are young (29 and 30) and are used to running after our little one, so it was not that big of deal, once we figured out where everything was. The Las Hadas is set into the side of a mountain and spread out quite a bit. Since we were on the 16th floor, we had to walk to the 12th floor and use the elevator to the 16th. It sounds worse than it is.
Anyway, I used tripadvisor alot to help us decide whether to go or not, so I wanted to write that if you want a beautiful, quiet place to be catered to, and get some exercise walking, then you will enjoy the Las Hadas as well. I've missed sharing alot of good stuff, but I could go on and on... and you need to just get going on your vacation - Have a great time!

Stayed: February 2007