“Gourmet Mexican fare, fun atmosphere”
Review of Oasis Ocean Club

Oasis Ocean Club
Ranked #2 of 178 Restaurants in Manzanillo
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Oasis Ocean Club is the place to be. Located on the most beautiful beach in Manzanillo, Santiago Bay, Oasis offers spectacular sunsets, swaying palm trees and the crash of the waves as the perfect backdrop. The innovative menus are characterized as Mediterranean, Mexican cuisine with Asian Influences. Whether it is lunch, dinner or a snack at the beach bar, Executive Chef, Alberto Magana, produces incredible dishes using fresh and local products. His food is authentic, with modern flavors and plating. Each dish is carefully executed and done very well. Oasis has everything, a full-service beach bar, elegant beach side terraces, lounges and umbrellas on the beach, in-house gelato shop, and stand up paddle board school. With multilingual staff and top notch service, Oasis Ocean Club insures a wonderful dining experience.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Whether you walk up to the beachfront bar or into the street side restaurant, you won't be disappointed. The service is great and Diego makes a point to say hello to guests and make everyone feel welcome. The view is spectacular from the open-air restaurant.
It's the best margarita I've found in Manzanillo, and the two meals I've had there were superb. One night I had the coconut Mahi Mahi, which was fresh of the hook. We plan to go back on our last night to have the same thing. The other night was a Mexican Fiesta, but it was not your run of the mill enchilada or taco plate. I had the meat and cheese-stuffed Poblano with pomegranate sauce. And first-rate mariachis played all through dinner. So fun!
It's an easy walk in the Club Santiago/Playa Miramar area. And definitely worth a cab ride from other parts of town.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Just so you get to know a little about me:
Mexican Born and USA Raised this is my opinion.
I have a place down in Mazanillo over by Santiago I basically live here 30-60 days out of the year and I usually travel with family, son, dog etc.

Now on to the review:
Oasis is a clever name because it can be read in both Spanish and English.

I found out about Oasis about 2 years ago but I had not gone till this year - December 2013 to Jan 2014.

Comparing Oasis to other beach lounges for me would be very hard. I haven't been to many beach lounges in the city only the hard core Mexican ones over by LA BOQUITA. Comparing them would be a mistake, they are complete opposites because of the following reasons.
- Crowd - Mainly Foreign tourists and Foreign residents, but also Mexican Nationals.
- Atmosphere - Very Relaxed, not much roving musicians - some beach vendors with arts etc.
-Decor - very Manzanillo - huge Palapas, all white walls, huge beach umbrellas.
-Music - varies from English Adult, Rock to Mexican Pop and Rock with occasional electro.
-Service - mostly great I have particular servers I prefer #1 is Heidi a Native of UK and #2 Erick
-Food - You can find classic Manzanillo Style Fish Ceviche and other cold seafood (no shellfish) and some vegeterian options such as the delicious Portobello Mushroom, really great pizzas, Skirt Steak Nachos, Guacamole.
- Drinks - Custom drinks with custom names for a custom place of course the classic beer is available.
- Price - free umbrella with purchase, all prices a fairly moderate.

The other places that I have been to on the beach here in Manzanillo have their own local candor but this place transcends and appeals to all crowds, and Its actually good that many Nationals and Locals don't know about otherwise this place might lose its appeal for its tranquility and sort of word of mouth secrecy.

I have spent in this place about 8 hours a day a few times, just swimming in the ocean coming back for drinks and a snack, hanging out lounging, sun bathing, sleeping, massaging, more drinks, more food more drinks more food. Ahhh the pleasure how I miss being there.

Children loved it, the ocean in Manzanillo is so warm that they would play well into the night till 8 or 9pm. And we loved it too, we got to lounge and just watch them so close to shore and still get served everything we wanted.

OVERALL:
This is a great place to go, you can criticize many of the flaws you might find or feel inclined to say they are issues that would make you write a bad review but to me it really comes down to how I felt at this place. Welcome, served and happy.
I tend to not think about the negative things when everything in life is so good that Im actually writing a review about a place in the beach where I spent my hours and days eating and drinking with most satisfaction.

Highly recommended, if there is something YOU DON'T LIKE please just bother to ask someone or tell them why you aren't happy at least that worked for me when I felt there was the need and the issues where addressed immediately.

Will come back as soon as I can get away from work again to enjoy my Mexican Beach House
( CASITA SANTIAGO HILLS)
and to enjoy countless hours at Oasis gazing at the sunset.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

What was only going to be a drink stop turned into and all afternoon event followed by dinner. A friend was visiting and longed for a burrito, which is relatively difficult to find on most menus. We tried theirs and were pleased as it was grilled and tasty. We enjoyed the view, the beach scene, the music and our drinks long enough to end up having dinner. The presentation was nice and our meals were very good. I enjoyed the fish and my friend had the seviche which was unusual and satisfying. I would love to return.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We just got to ZLO, and was able to make it to Decembers Ladies Luncheon. I ordered the fish and I was very pleased as usual with the lunch, they did a great job serving everyone who came even though there was about 15 or so extra people. The wait staff out did themselves.

1  Thank 47MariaDea
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Someone recommended oasis to us so we went for our date night away from the kids.

The food was good (not great), but the view, atmosphere and entertainment on the beach was great!

There were quite a few bugs when the sun was setting, but that's to be expected.

1  Thank Suebdoo11