“A great trip and wonderful experience”
Review of Hurricane Divers

Hurricane Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a PADI 5-Star Dive Resort, offering diving and snorkeling since 1999. Safety, Personal Customer Service, Environmental Care, Professionalism, Quality and, of course, Fun are the keywords here at Hurricane Divers.We came to Huatulco to visit and decided to make this place our home due to the natural beauty, charm and tranquility. We would like to share this beauty with you, especially that of the fascinating Pacific underwater world, which is a unique experience.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I did a half day snorkeling tour. Communication in setting up the trip was great. We went to two different spots to snorkel. The guide even did a brief tour of the different beaches and slowed down for dolphins and a turtle. We both had a great time and enjoyed the entire trip. We were recommending them to everyone we met at the resort we were staying at.

2  Thank ja_didier
hurricanedivers, Owner at Hurricane Divers, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Good to see you had a great time. And thank you for recommending us!

All reviews
"full day snorkeling"
in 3 reviews
"santa cruz"
in 14 reviews
"my padi open water certification"
"wonderful picnic"
in 23 reviews
"discover scuba"
"playa el"

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a great experience with Hurricane Divers. We enjoyed an all day cruise of the bays with snorkeling and a picnic lunch. My husband also enjoyed a morning of diving. Thank you Pauline for a wonderful lunch! We highly recommend them and will snorkel/dive with them again if we return to Huatulco. Thanks to all the employees for a wonderful experience.

hurricanedivers, Owner at Hurricane Divers, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. Happy to see you had a good time with us.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had 4 certified divers and 3 kids who hadn't dove before. they did the "Discover Scuba" package and we all dove together to a max. 40' depth. The crew were great, very professional and gave easy to understand instruction which made our inexperienced kids more comfortable.
Our 10 yr old was particularly nervous about jumping out of the boat for the first time but our guide Carlos never left his side during the first dive, Eric's first words when he surfaced was "Awesome". That alone made everything worthwhile. A big thanks to the Hurricane divers crew and Carlos in particular. I would recommend Hurricane Divers to anyone.

1  Thank Colin L
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Glad to see you all had a good time and that the kids enjoyed their first diving experience!

Thanks for the review.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Roberto, the owner provided excellent communication prior to our trip. Our dive guide, Blaz a frenchman, spoke English and of course Spanish. He was very calm, polite and enjoyable. The boat captain Javiar, was kind, helpful and very skilled in knowing where to go and where to anchor. He kept a safe watch on us while we were diving. We did ten dives in 5 days and had a great time. We have dove Jamaica, Florida, Hawaii, and California. This was one of our best experiences in the 12 years we've been diving.

1  Thank SFDive
hurricanedivers, Owner at Hurricane Divers, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Great to see you had a good time with us. Thank you for the compliments!

Hope to see you both again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I decided to finish my PADI Open Water course with Hurricane Divers in Nov. 2011. They had a good price and the instructor is very experienced (20+ years). However, my SCUBA diving experience was terrible.

First of all, we were taken out in a fishing boat. There were no seats, no diving platform and barely even any covering from the intense sun. The other thing is that in the USA, beginners do not go out in high swells (over 6 feet). Reputable dive shops will cancel a dive or find a good location, not just force you to go out anyway. On my Huatulco dive, the conditions were terrible (swells were above 6 feet, visibility was awful) but the dive shop did not reschedule.

Three of us on the boat were doing our course but two of us ended up sitting on a beach while the other went diving. Very demoralizing. The next day, my husband made the case that since I only went diving on one day (not even!), the dive shop should refund half the fee, but they refused. It seems like other reviewers have had a better experience going snorkeling, but I could not recommend this place for beg. SCUBA.

5  Thank MaraInTO
hurricanedivers, Owner at Hurricane Divers, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

I'm very sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. I honestly don't remember this happening, but last November I was abroad.

What I can say is that our boat is indeed a "panga", as used in the tropics by thousands of dive operators. It does have seating and a sun roof, but it's not big enough to have a diving platform. It is definitely not a fishing boat though.

I can also assure you that we normally don't go out with waves bigger than 3 or 4 feet, they actually close the port when it's that rough. And we would never force Open Water students to go out in conditions like that, we would simply reschedule.

I really don't know what happened when you were going out with us, and my staff that works here in the high season is now back in their home countries. However, I will most certainly address the issue and do my best to avoid anybody having the same experience in the future.