All reviews private pool dipping pool personal pool small fridges recommend this hotel loved this hotel construction noise during the day evening restaurant mountain view hotel restaurant super che playa chahue gorgeous hotel airport taxi an iron room rate onsite restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Stayed for 10 days early March, great location and attentive staff, can walk to Cruccieta square or desk will call you a cab for 30 pesos .Rooms are very nice and comfortable, the pools are great and the beach is beautiful. You dont need a car but we always rent one and explore the great beaches and Las Cascadas Majico which is an adventura to get to but well worth the trip. Don't rent a car from the airport, they all screw you on the insurance. Los Tres Reyes car rentals is a short walk just past Chedraui on the same side of the road.

Room tip: I had a deluxe room,1st floor where the pool is shaded by the 2nd floor balcony, 2nd floor pool would be in the sun and better
Date of stay: March 2018
6  Thank Dave443
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We needed a room for one night on our way to Puerto Escondido. The hotel looked like a gem on line, but anyone who has done any travelling knows that sometimes what you see on line looks very different when you walk in the door. Not so with this lovely little hotel! It is a gem you should definitely look into experiencing. We arrived hours before check in and although Leslie couldn't get us into a room she could not have been more accommodating to two exhausted Canadians who had been travelling since noon the day before and hadn't had much sleep,since leaving Vancouver. She sent us off for breakfast (our sleep deprivation really left us unable to make decisions), where we were taken care of by the happiest waitress we've ever dealt with. Every request was met by a huge smile, which inspired smiles in return. Our communication broke down when we asked her if there was anywhere around where we could purchase beach towels, which we will need for Puerto. She thought we were asking where we could get beach towels for "here" and the next thing we knew she arrived tableside with two of the hotel beach towels!! Leslie gave us directions to the nearest shopping centre and when we returned with our wares she had a room ready for us. 2.5 hours before check in...we were definitely zombie Canadians at that point. The room is lovely, small, but contains everything you could possibly want, including a small soaker pool off of our deck. After a 2.5 hour nap we debated whether or not we wanted to stay in for dinner or venture out. We chose to visit the hotel restaurant and what a wonderful decision that was! Do not, let me repeat this, DO NOT miss eating at this restaurant. Jack saw "Dorado in soya sauce with orange carpaccio" on the menu and decided he needed to give that a try, Dear Lord! It was delectable, perhaps one of the best appitizers either one of us has ever eaten. He also ordered shrimp tacos that boasted they were "overflowing" with shrimp. They down played that a bit, the tacos were stuffed with deep fried prawns that were cooked exactly how prawns should be. I ordered fish with garlic and salad because, well, it was fish...with garlic! After taking our order our waiter (Eric) and the chef (Jesus) both came to the table to apologize and let me know that all they had were filets of mahi mahi, and ask if I would be alright with the substitution of mahi mahi. I'm not sure what fish they normally serve in this dish but mahi mahi is one of my all time favourites, so yes, I was ok with that substitution It was amazing! Again, cooked to perfection, moist and tender with enough garlic to bring a smile to my face.

If you're looking for a lovely little hotel situated on a bay, with obviously happy and well trained staff, an amazing kitchen, and comfortable beds, then please give Quinta Bella a try. The only reason this little gem isn't a five is the fact that there are no phones in the rooms. But everything else is...bella!!

The website won't let me rate the service (5), the cleanliness (5), or the sleep quality. Our nap was definitely a 5, but there's a lot of pounding music coming from next door so I'm not sure what tonight will be like, but I have a sense things will quiet down soon and so I project it will also be a 5!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank cindyloois
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Airport taxi to Quinta Bella is 430 Pesos. Local taxi outside the gate is 200. Taxi back to the airport is 170. Distance from the terminal to the local taxi is a few hundred yards/meters. about a 5 minute walk. There is a gas station and convenience (beer) store as well as a bus stop by the taxi stand.
We stayed at QB twice. Once in an original wing ground floor room and once in an ocean facing room upstairs in the new wing.
First impression of QB isn't great. Reception is in a garage-like stark lobby. But check-in was quick and easy. Then you walk out to the very impressive grounds. Pools, palms, white sand and blue ocean. Our first stay was in a room on the ground floor that was about as basic as you can find. It was clean and the air conditioning worked great. There was a ceiling fan too. The guests upstairs could be heard walking about and dragging furniture. They checked out and all was quiet. Really quiet. The bathroom was a good size and had a walk-in shower, clothesline, hairdryer, magnifying mirror and toiletries. The water was tepid. Not cold, but not a hot shower. There were no drinking glasses, but two bottled waters daily. 42 inch TV is Dish Network in Spanish. The TV inputs (HDMI etc) are easily accessible for your electronics if you bring cables. Electric outlets are readily accessible. The safe is small, too small for some electronics. There was a coffee maker and supplied coffee. There was an iron and board.
The patio of the originals is large and the plunge pool is cute. All the ground floor suites, patios and plunge pools are in the shade most of the day. Few ground floor pools are used. The upstairs suites are in the sun until the afternoon. Both are good for watching the sunrise.
The new wing water view suites have the best view, are in the morning sun for a sunrise and do not have plunge pools. The balconies are side by side and an easy step from one to another might eliminate the option of sleeping with the door open. It also means you will meet your neighbours. Most of the new wing is complete, but some is still under construction. Sometimes there is daytime construction noise. It isn't constant, but you can't escape it when it's there.
The room in the new wing was brighter with a better colour scheme, sometimes had hot water, had no hairdryer (front desk has some), no board and iron, no clothesline and no make-up mirror. Bathroom and fixtures are modern. It even had a soft close toilet seat. Otherwise the suite had the same amenities as the original wing. The balcony was void of furniture. Nothing. We had to drag two mismatched chairs out to have the drinks that are not permitted on the balcony. That will change with time.
There are no double locks on the suite doors so if you are concerned, bring a rubber door stop.
Lots of rules in this place. Not sure about enforcement, but there is a threatened 1500 Peso corkage charge for bringing your own booze outside of your room. The first time we visited there was no mention of the booze rule, but the second required a signature showing that you read it. They don't want any food brought in either. There are lots of pool rules posted. Many were not enforced.
The new wing water view 12 units and parking lot view 12 units are in a three story building. The ground floor is unfinished and will be a restaurant, office and new reception. Of the 12 water view rooms, half have views partially obstructed by the bar/restaurant palapa. I wouldn't want a parking lot view even at a discount, but I guess it isn't different from the many hotels on and behind the main roadway. Most Huatulco hotels are off the beach.
The grounds and beach are lovely. Ocean was swimmable each visit and many swimmers were in the water. That will change with conditions. There are two warm pools and plenty of loungers and umbrellas by the pools and on the beach. The pools have no hand rails and the loungers are low. There are few handrails anywhere. In general, things could be a little tough for anyone with mobility issues.
There are bathrooms complete with showers at pool level if you stay beyond the permitted noon check-out. No hairdryer outlets though.
The beach is pretty much private and there's excellent bar and food service at the pools and on the beach. Lots of buckets of beer and ice move about. Cruise Ship travellers can buy a day pass for 150 Pesos.
Beach towels are available at the front desk. A few quests felt compelled to play the towel game even though there is no need.
There are a few no smoking signs, but there were smokers in some areas. The rooms and adjacent corridors are non-smoking. They were smokers on balconies.
There is spa service, but I didn't see much activity there other than a gal offering massages.
Clientele both visits were mainly Mexican Nationals and English is limited. That added to the charm.
Free WiFi works well. There are security cameras here and there.
The restaurant serves throughout the day and they set up for "gourmet" dinner and live music and dancing nightly on a seaside grassy area. Dinner on the grassy area is a treat and a change from in town if you want downtime. Wings are 100 Pesos, Burger is 150 Pesos and steak 320. Pizza is 170. Breakfast is around 150+. Drinks start at 80 Pesos. Shots a little more. Wine is 400 Pesos/bottle. Beer is 40 Pesos/bottle.
Next door is the closed Club Chahue Beach Club. The land is in disrepair. It is so close that it would change the vibe if open and rocking. On the other side is rock and forest. On QB grounds in back is a closed night club. It is apparently under construction, but looks finished. There's a life-size Evis there. Maybe he's waiting for the grand opening .
A block away is an Oxxo Store and across from there is a huge Chedraui store for 180 Peso sunblock, bug spray (we didn't have bugs), groceries, beer, wine, booze, ice, Styrofoam coolers, clothes and more. Chedraui has a laundromat as well.
La Crucecita or Santa Cruz is a 20-30 minute walk or a 30 Peso taxi away.
Between the hotel and the marina are about 10 restaurants including burgers beside Villa Blanca or the four restaurants at the marina. There are 3 beside Marina Parque just down the road from Villa Blanco including Japanese. More across the street including 25 beers for 250 Pesos at one place.
So, what have we got? Excellent location, often tepid showers, basic clean quiet rooms with really good pools and a lovely private beach area. There's a restaurant and bar. The hotel is small with maybe 32 rooms after the addition completes. Quinta Bella is a pleasant alternative to the bustle of an all-inclusive. It isn't fancy, but is quite lovely.
Will I return? Sure, for the pool and beach especially with an upstairs room. It isn't 5 star stuff like many of the reviews suggest, but it is good value and worth a return. I'd rather be in a beach resort than many of the other options only a few blocks away. Oh, almost forgot. The staff is great too.

Room tip: Higher is better. Make sure you're not behind the palapa.
19  Thank AlegreVancouverBC
Reviewed February 28, 2018

We stayed here for five nights in February 2018. The location was my key consideration in picking this hotel, and I thought it worked out perfectly. You are right on the water, and if you have a pool view room, you can see both the pool and the ocean. Pretty nice view when you first walk in your room. Overall I thought this hotel was quite nice, and we obviously were staying in a recently renovated room. They were doing renovations downstairs during our stay, but they didn’t start too early or work too late as to bother me.

A couple of other observations from our stay at this hotel …

NOTE: We stayed in a pool facing room, but not one of the rooms with a private little pool. I don’t know what that would be called, but west of the pool/restaurant as opposed to the south side (where the rooms with pools were).

The mattresses were pretty firm – wasn’t an issue for me, but just pointing it out.

The walls in the hotel are SUPER THIN. If the person next to you had their TV going, you could probably hear it. We had folks on either side of us, and at one point or another you are going to hear some sort of commotion based on the thin walls. It was something we just got used to.

Along those same lines, in the rooms and in the hallways, it is all hard tile. The bathroom is on the side of the long hallway that everyone walks through. Because that is a long hallway with hard tile on the floor and walls, everything echo, echo, echoes down that hall. So if you’re in the bathroom, you can hear anything that is going on out there. And vice versa (i.e., they can hear you). The hotel may want to consider putting some sort of sound dampeners here like a fabric wall decoration or some mats in the hallway to help deaden the sound.

One last thing about the rooms – maybe this is because they were still doing some renovation, but I thought it was strange that we had a balcony that looks over the pool and then the ocean. But we didn’t have any chairs outside. I noticed that some of the mini-pool rooms had chairs and a table, but we had nothing. I guess you pay extra for the mini-pool and you get chairs? Not sure.

Wi-Fi. They had I think three different Wi-Fi signals you could connect to … the restaurant, 2.4, and EST. Not sure why you need three different ones, but anyway I found the signals for the varying Wi-Fi sources to be inconsistent. Sometimes they worked great, other times they did not. It was kind of random when it worked well and when it didn’t. I never did get a system of what to use when.

I read some reviews about the restaurant being overpriced and not that great. We had breakfast there every morning, and had no complaints. Maybe the portion sizes weren’t as big as you were expecting? But I certainly never left the place hungry. And the prices seemed to be fairly on point to me. Could you find a cheaper breakfast in town? Probably, but do you really want to take a cab there and back just for breakfast? Your call, but for me the place was fine. And even for drinks the prices were on par for any other place – our cerveza price was 30 pesos, which is about the same in town (plus or minus a peso or two).

Pool was great – warm, but not overly so. Very comforting. And having the beach/ocean right there was a nice treat. The waves were a bit heavier, but I’m not a strong swimmer and didn’t feel unsafe. I don’t think I would let a 5-year old play in the surf, but I wouldn’t call it dangerous either. I think we all need to make our own call on how comfortable we are in getting in the ocean.

The decorations in the room were definitely unique. Just watch your head on that large turtle on the wall – I cracked my head on its protruding head once because I forgot it was there. Sorry Tortuga!

All in all I thought this was a perfectly fine hotel. It had a few things I wish I had known before (highlighted above), but if push came to shove I would stay here again. I am fairly anti-all-inclusive, so if that describes you this is a good option. Granted this was my first visit to Huatulco so I don’t have anything to compare it with, but I thought this was a decent choice.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank John D
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Loved this boutique style hotel. The location was great, an easy walk to just about anywhere. The beds although they appeared to have newer mattresses, were so hard ! This may have something to do with them sitting on a cement platform instead of a box spring ? A real turn off was the ridiculous amount of rules and fines you would incur if you broke any rules, not a nice way to be greeted, but we had no problem following them. It seems like they are only for foreigners as we were stunned to see Nationals IN THE POOL with GLASSWARE and a large 1.5 litre bottle of vodka and 2 boxes of juice for mixing, being brought buckets of ice by the wait staff?? We were told and had to sign a waiver saying we would be fined for doing this. Rules should apply to everyone not just a few ! The onsite restaurant had just ok/mediocre food and it was pricey compared to going out so we only ate there 3 times in our 2 week stay. Staff was super friendly, not one complaint there. The big pool was immaculate, one of the cleanest resort pools I have even been in and the dipping pools off the rooms were equally as clean. It was very quiet during our stay, no mad rush to get a pool side chair, it was perfect and exactly what we were looking for in our stay. It would be great if the owners heeded the request of numerous guest reviews on this hotel and had small fridges available for use in the rooms. It is something that really is needed. While we purchased a cooler from Super Che and got ice daily it was a real pain. Overall experience was great and I would go back again and recommend it.
*cross posted*