“Unforgettable Experience”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Experience”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place was like a dream. I've never been in a jungle with a large waterfall where you could not only swim in the prestine cold water that was so clear you could see the bottom, but you could jump off the waterfall as well! We were brought here from Huatulco during our honeymoon and were lucky to have our guide to ourselves as well as a local, Erik, who was so sweet in helping us with our things and helping our clumsy selves wade through the water and showed us some aspects only the locals would know about (as well as applying a mud mask - which I ended up buying because I loved it!) We thoroughly enjoyed the hike and the beautiful surroundings. This is the real deal - you see and feel nature as it should be all around you.

We also got the meal that they offer after the trek (I would HIGHLY recommend it) and the authentic mexican food (cucumber salad, rice, tortillas, jalapeno mole with chicken, pork marinated in tamarind, and black beans) along with their hibiscus tea (Agua de Jamaica) and Oaxacan coffee. I purchased the dried flowers and coffee beans because I don't know the next time I'll be back.

Also, we went to the butterfly center where they had native butterflies (HUNDREDS of them) and a nursery where they were growing and hatching butterflies to help conservation. There was small fee to get in.

Helpful tips: It'd be great if you spoke Spanish as they can speak English, but they are able to tell you more about the place if you speak the language. Make sure to bring extra cash to tip your guides, grab some food, check out other things around the area, and get coffee, tea, and other souvenirs! Out of everything we did on our trip, this was my favorite activity.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank KL-0713-

Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Resort Excursion We've Been On”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The road out there is bumpy and windy. But if you're sure-footed in slippery situations the destination is absolutely worth the ride. Such a beautiful spot and you travel through beautiful areas to get there.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Jesse A
San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“Long bumpy drive but maybe worth it”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Nice clear waterfalls with trails . You will see many butterflies including the beautiful Blue Morph ! Awesome to see in nature . Falls are easily assessable and it is a nice hike . The ride up is along way and can be tiresome .. Takes about 1.5 hours from Crucecita ...

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Dollarbilltx
Saint Charles, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Well worth the long drive!!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We headed out with our guide that was sponsored by amistar and picked up three other groups staying in Santa Cruz. The car ride was very bumpy, I had to focus on the road so I would not get car sick. I have a fairly weak stomach, my husband did not have any problems. After a BREATHTAKING drive we reached the coffee plantation to use the restrooms and headed to the falls. After a very short, very easy down hill hike we reached the falls. It was beautiful!! The water was freezing but it felt amazing and we quickly adjusted. We hung out, swam, used the rope swings, climbed through the inside of the waterfall, and even had a mud facial! It was our favorite excursion so far.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Deana_stl
Edmonton, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great way to see the country-side and cool off”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Nice trip. Takes a while to get there on really rough dry roads, but you get to see a few towns and the country landscape and foliage. I would reccomend this for famils or couples.

Visited May 2013