“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
Winnipeg Manitoba
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our first time in Huatulco & it was wonderful! Loved the hotel! Staff was pleasant and everything was very clean. Location was excellent - we walked to LaCrucecita every evening for dinner and often to Santa Cruz to sit on the beach. Breakfasts were very good. Was great getting to know the other guests as well. Definately recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WinManitoba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Calgary, AB Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We spent a week at the Villa Blanca mid January. The check in was quick and easy. When we got to our room we realized it was on the street side, and asked for it to be changed. They said sure, tomorrow, but when we asked the next day they were unable to move us. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The shower had good pressure and was always at least warm.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I did get heck for drinking my own beer out of a go mug, which is understandable, but I spotted the "regulars" at the hotel quite often drinking their own beverages without getting ca-ca. The breakfast buffet was edible but nothing to write home about. When ordering off the menu at lunch or supper the meals were always great. The hotel was very clean and basic. My only complaint would be the lack of a nice swimming beach within walking distance.

For a peaceful, relaxing vacation this hotel fits the bill.

Room Tip: Try to get a main floor room around the pool. Most of the balconies on the 2nd & 3rd floor are...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MitchieO
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our week at the Villa Blanca especially our lovely suite #302. Although it was on the road side, there were windows and doors on 4 sides with great cross air circulation so we did'nt need the air conditioner as much. Plus we had a huge patio getting the morning sun with a large corner bath tub on the patio! The hotel is very central so easy to get to the town centre's of Santa Cruz and La Crucecita and a short cab ride to many great beaches. The hotel restaurant has a great breakfast buffet and the dinners are excellent as well. Would recommend this hotel for adults as there are no kids activities. The pool are is nice and the Playa Chahue beach club was ok but not a grat swimming beach due waves crashing in to shore. Better heaches close by are Santa Cruz, Entraga and Maguay. They all have great beach restaurants so we spent all afternoon swimming, eating and having drinks.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Denise E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel is mexico at its best. Welcomming, genuine, rooms of character, comfortable, delicious clean healthy food mexican and other. Easy acess to beaches and town . Good wi fi connection and trips on offer all at amazing value for money. Many years of visiting Huatulco and checking out hotels but nothing beats the villa blanca.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Wendy T
briitish columbia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This hotel has amazing staff, great location etc. etc. However unless you are a smoker or don't mind being surrounded by them find another place. We had a room on the ground floor with a perfect little deck in front with table however the next deck was only a couple of feet away with smokers and sitting in front of us were more lounges and smokers. Had to spend time in room or leave for somewhere else instead of enjoying our deck. Unfortunately there are many Canadian smokers and no smoking areas other than the back half of the dining area. Too bad because everything else is perfect!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank goldlady44
oliphant

hola!
ditto to all the accolades this wonderful hotel has received.short walk to beaches,supermarcado and two distinct little villages.[or 25 peso taxi]I got off the beaten track on the otherside of the marina where there are 2 deserted beaches.took cooler full of cerveza,ice my umbrella and music.ahhhh...wish I was back!
being somewhat hyper I sometimes forget things[walked miles and couldn't remember closing safe so walked back...wide open but all inside safe]on the day of leaving it was abit hectic and when I got home I realised I hadn't got my camera.i sent the hotel an e-mail and sure enough the wonderful staff had found it and had it at the front desk.wow!!a nice couple I had met in town have since retrieved it for me and are keeping it until I return which I intend to do asap[not for the camera...the area!!]
the minor issue....I LOVED my room but....I had a door that allowed bigger groups or familys to connect 2 rooms together.the walls are very thick.these doors are very thin.the people who occupied next door while I was there were NOT partyers.BUT it was like they were in the room with me.just talking normally.don't know what the solution is[thicker door?insulation between doors if space?]I just left my music on gently so as to take out the conversation.hopefully it wasn't too loud for them....
I am planning on being back in march and will stay here.this is one clean town and a great hotel
richard

Room Tip: over looking the pool...I had to ask to move as I was overlooking the road...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank rufusandollie
Uk
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I an only repeat what others have said. This is a wonderful hotel,one of the very best we have ever stayed in... with a stunning design, beautiful tiles everywhere, spacious rooms,fantastic service from -among others- smiling Luis, ever helpful Francisca...and Miguel who sorted out the computer problems I had, as well as my partner's MP3 player. But the crown has to go to the chef Raul. I have never done this before, but I insisted that he showed himself in the dining-room so that I could thank him for the meals. The cooking was cordon blue standard and the presentation was superb! We usually like to eat away from the hotel where we stay in order to get some variety in our meals, but we ate dinner every night for a week at the Villa Blanca, as Raul's meals were unmissable!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com