“Almost the best option in Huatulco”

Hotel Villablanca Huatulco
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Huatulco
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I visited Huatulco last week wih my wife an my little child that is 5 months old, and 13 other person of my family in law. We stayed there just one night ut it was our best day in Hutulco. The kids enjoyed the pool and we ejoyed the silence and the confort of beds and the taste of meals from Restaurant's buffet. It's a really nce old-fashioned hotel. You don't need to spend a lot of money if yo want to enjoy of this turistic place.

Room Tip: I think that all rooms are really nice.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rodouami1889
There are newer reviews for Hotel Villablanca Huatulco

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to Huatuclo for the first time in February of this year with another couple. We were a little frightened by the "star" rating on this hotel but decided after reading reviews on this site to chance it. We were not disappointed!! The staff are fantastic and the rooms though simple are kept immaculately clean? We will return to Huatulco in a couple of years and will definitely stay here again. We met people that have been wintering at this resort for 17+ years!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a fridge to keep your water and cervesas cold! We will try for a patio room ne...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeanoJeano
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I widely recommend Villa Blanca Hotel as the very best choice to spend a wonderful time in the beautiful resort of Huatulco in Mexico! What can I say? Everything was simply perfect! They call you by your name from the very minute of your check in till the minute you´re leaving the hotel; they treat you like they know you for ever; like you´re they´re own relative or your closest neighbor! Peaceful and quite all the time Villa Blanca became a private paradise for me; either when I needed to work in my computer or when I wanted to relax in their beautiful and absolutely clean swimming pool. I had over there the very best breakfast ever! and there´s no words to describe the delicious food they cooked for us; a different menu every day with the most delicious dishes anyone might dream of. Everyone there, from the General Manager down to the lady who does the cleaning, they all gave me their hearts from the minute I stepped into the hotel, showing a special and revolutionary concept of service that I haven´t experience anywhere else in the world and believe me...I travel a lot! How could I stay anywhere else in Mexico after this fantastic experience?, -specially when I´ve already stayed in most of the best hotels of this country and at Villa Blanca Huatulco I found myself in my own home for the first time in my life! Alberto del Campo

Room Tip: At Villa Blanca Huatulco any room you pick will be perfectly located thanks to the excellent around...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank AlbertDC
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have stayed at Villa Blanca 3 times and will go back in HEARTBEAT .Rooms are clean .
Nice breakfast .Staff is very helpful and friendly .I get a big smile and a hug from my favorite waitress now. Location is very convenient . Only a short walk to downtown and the beach club .

The price is certainly very reasonable .I recommended it friends and they also loved it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor have a nice patio area and all overlook the pool
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank erzie
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel. The rooms are large and clean, the staff is friendly, the breakfast is good, and overall I'd say very good value for the price we paid.
Only drawbacks were the swimming pool, whose water wasn't particularly clean, and the location:
once we arrived in Huatulco the hotel staff told us that the recommended bay for swimming is Santa Cruz, which is much better than Chahue, but which is 10 minutes walking distance from this hotel, so if I went there again I would rather look for a hotel there. Moving to La Crucecita for restaturants and shopping is anyway very easy from wherever in Huatulco, given the abundance of cheap taxis.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sarcangeli
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This was my first experience in Huatulco and I recommend the area highly. The Villa Blanca is a centrally located moderately priced hotel with beautiful beaches either walking distance or a short taxi ride away. Front desk is friendly and extremely helpful. The common areas of the hotel are beautiful and have a traditional Mexican decor. Upon check-in, I was given the option to buy into the breakfast for 90 pesos per day ($7.00) which was worth it as breakfast was a buffet with plenty of fruits, yogurt, eggs cooked to order, cereals, pancakes, French toast,coffee, juices, and other traditional breakfast dishes, like beans and tortillas.

I got what they call a "standard" room, which for one person, was absolutely huge. There were 2 queen size beds in the room, a large sitting/dining area (including a dining room table that could easily serve 4 people with room to spare!) flat screen tv, safe, and lots of drawers and closet space. There was a counter runnning along the wall in the dining area of the room and it gave the appearance that there used to be a small kitchen with appliances there in the past but they had been taken out. There was no refrigerator, unfortunately, but there was a coffee maker with supplies the maid replenished daily. The air conditioning unit was very powerful. A small balconly looked out to the pool area. The bathroom had traditional Mexican tile and was equiped with a hair dryer. The shower was very large and even had a tile bench in it. In the room, (and throughout the property) there was an excellent Wifi connection.

The pool area of the hotel is small but very well maintained. Despite the size it was always quiet out there. The water is not very deep. The landscaping in the pool area is beautiful and it was a wonderful place to just lay out and read.

The restaurant in the hotel is located by the pool and I found the prices to be reasonable.

Bartenders, restaurant staff, and bellboys were all wonderful at this place!

As for the location, you are right across from Bahia Chahue, which is a 5 minute walk. There is a public acess to Chahue, and there are also two beach clubs side by side. The one on the left is owned by the Hotel de Castillo and if you are not a guest of that hotel, you have to pay to get in, (and still pay for drinks, food, etc,!) Not worth it, considering the beach club next door (to the right) is free as long as you are ordering things. Food and drinks at this beach club were extremely reasonable, even cheap come to think of it. Service friendly, but maybe a little slow (it was very popular, mostly with Mexicans) They have 2 nice pools and you can roam the beach, lay in the sun, and enjoy the view (unfortunately, the water at Chahue is way too dangerous for swimming) The beauty of this place made up for not being at a beachfront resort (and was much easier on the wallet)

Super Che, (part of the Chedraui Mexican supermarket chain) is five minutes walk from the hotel which is great for picking up anything you might need at the best prices around.

From the hotel, you are about a 15-20 minute walk to both the Bahia de Santa Cruz area, and a 15-20 minute walk to La Crucecita. Taxis from the hotel to either of these destinations is the minimum fare: 25 pesos. ($2.00!) Taxi fares are prominently posted all over and are nice and cheap. Never had any bad experience with the taxis here. All very friendly .

Besides Chahue, the other beaches you can enjoy are Santa Cruz (pleasant, but the cruise ship pier takes away some of the beauty) Bahia la Entrega (55 pesos) Bahia Maguey (65 pesos) Tangolunda beach (there is public access to this beach through the RV park, but it's kind of a hike.) There is Playa San Augustin (a stop on most boat tours of the bays or a taxi can take you for 300 pesos I think.. it's quite a drive) My return taxi to the airport was only 150 pesos

There are lots of great restaurants in Crucecita. Never had a bad meal during my entire stay.

To me, Huatulco was so quiet and relaxing. It was like the anti Cancun. Prices for most everything were extremely reasonable, from transportation to restaurants, (well, some of the restaurants in Bahia Maguey were a little on the pricey side), to souvenirs. The occasional cruise ship comes to Huatulco (check the schedule online when planning your trip) which makes the area much more busy that day, but this is not frequent, (maybe two or three days out of the month, and not year round) Most of the time Huatulco is nice and laid back. The weather is HOT! and the sun extreme at this latitude but it is generally a drier heat as compared to Cancun or the Caribbean, and a much less chance of rain.

At the hotel, Most of the guests were Mexicans. There were a handful from Canada and I suspect there would be more if I came in the high season. I'm fairly certain I was the only American guest in the hotel!

Spending my vacation in three different Mexican towns, I only allocated 5 days and 4 nights to Huatulco, and I was disappointed I couldn't stay longer. Next time, for sure I'll stay at least a week. I absolutely loved Huatulco and woud stay again at the Villa Blanca for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Eric M
Reviewed May 30, 2013

For the price you are paying, this is an okay place. The rooms are very old but seem to be reasonable clean. The breakfast was ok. The pool looked definately dirty so we didn't use it.

Going to a hotel without its own beach area in Huatulco is a real waste, the beaches are beautiful. The beach club they mention as part of their hotel on their website is not a place where you want to go, it looked disgusting and actually, it is just a pool and no beds for the beach. And it's not a part of the hotel, you need to consume to be able to use it and it's open for other guests as well.

We were passing through on a roadtrip and stayed here for just 2 nights, next time I would pay a bit extra to really stay at a beach hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends