Hotel Villablanca Huatulco
$208
$175
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Park Royal Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
$161
$136
  • Pool
Las Brisas Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
$125
$115
  • Breakfast included
Quinta Bella Huatulco(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
$86
$70
La Isla Huatulco & Beach Club(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
$131
$124
Hotel Arrecife Plus(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
$38
$309
$248
Bookit.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Princess Mayev Hotel(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
$77
$74
Villas Fa-Sol(Crucecita)(Great Value!)
$122
$113
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Binniguenda All Inclusive(Huatulco)(Great Value!)
$95
$88
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvilla blancasuper cheminute walksanta cruzbeach clubla crucecitaloft bedroomincluded breakfastlong term guestspoolside roommexican hotelbreakfast planchahue beachtwo blocksorder off the menudining tabletortillas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Many of the previous reviews have detailed all the benefits of the Villa Blanca - location, friendly staff etc, and I have to agree they have been bang on. We have traveled to other locations in Mexico, and prefer locations that allow us to get a feel for the area we are in as opposed to being in an AI and never leaving the property. The Villa Blanca fit the bill perfectly. Every day started with a great breakfast, then a decision of whether to walk to the beach, walk into La Crucecita or Santa Cruz, grab a cheap cab to another bay to snorkel etc. I'd say most vacationers were Canadians and Mexicans.
Tried different restaurants every night, which I'll try to review separately, but if you are feeling lazy you can't go wrong just having dinner right at the VB - the meals were excellent and reasonably priced. (including a Valentines Day special of a 3 course lobster dinner for $250 pesos). Two or three times a week they also had live music.
Rooms: we had a 3rd floor loft with a king bed and grew to love it vs the patio rooms. The extra space on the main floor with kitchen table and fold out sofa and coffee table was great if you wanted to do some entertaining. The stairs are fairly steep, so not an option for anyone with mobility issues though. Tip: most outlets in the room are two prong, so if you have a 3 prong plug for laptop etc, bring a 2/3 prong converter.
Previous reviewer mentioned the front desk not having change available, which we noticed as well. Would be nice if they could keep a wad of 20 peso notes on hand for guests as they seem to be in great shortage and are always needed for tips for breakfast/room service and cab fares etc.So if you are coming down bring lots of small bills, or go to SuperChe everyday to buy some snacks/beer/wine etc to get change. (SuperChe also has 3 ATM machines to get extra cash).
Booked our trip through SunWings, and aside from the cramped space on the 737, they provided excellent service, airport transfers, first day meeting to inform you on what to do and where to go etc.
Hugo, the VB manager and his staff provided excellent friendly service, making the Villa Blanca to be more like a bed and breakfast than a cold impersonal hotel. We'll be back again!

Room Tip: odd number rooms face the courtyard, even number outside views. Room 303 didn't have a view as it faced the adjoining building, so 305/7/9 etc overlook the p0ol better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Al R
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We chose to come on this holiday because of the positive Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. I would have liked to stayed longer. We would agree with all the previous favourable comments. Just to add a few comments of our own. The ambiance is friendly without being intrusive. Though we are not sure if this is the norm, we had live music 4 of the 7 nights. Villa Blanca is centrally located and this makes it easy to go into Santa Cruz and Crucecita on foot. Taxis are cheap as well. Our 3rd floor room facing the pool was great, and the vaulted ceiling was an attractive plus. The patio units are quite appealing and allow you to have meals brought to your own under the stars dinner. There is a small travelers' library in the main lobby. The complimentary gym at the spa 3 minutes away is somewhat rustic, but it will get the job done. There was always available seating by the pool, though the furniture is not all that comfy. If you want to have cool drinks or keep food in your room, ask for a fridge on arrival, as there is a wait list. We found that our requests (extra towel, extra hangars) were attended to in a timely way. Our favourite restaurant was Sabor de Oaxaca, on the way into town. We also had a lovely moonlit meal on the beach at Santa Cruz for $30. the air conditioning and Wifi both worked well. Though I worried about overly hard beds, they were quite comfy. All in all a very atmospheric place that I would love to return to.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Mila W
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Villa Blanca Huatulco is a quaint hotel in an excellent location for beaching, shopping, or just lazing by the pool. Location of this hotel is what sold me to return here some day. It is a good walk to La Crucecita. A nice, flat walk down the main boulevard. Another short walk up and over the hill to Santa Cruz where you can do your banking, watch the cruise ships come and go, visit the beach, and for me, visiting Cafe Huatulco for a good cup of Americano as well as eating at the, “Taco Gremlin”! Taco Gremlin was one of the highlights of my trip. Tacos served to you hot and fresh and oh so good out of the back of a red Gremlin. It is in the same location nearly every day, (on the beach side of the main square) but you have to get there early before they sell out!
VB, is a great size hotel, with decent amenities. Shampoo, soaps, sewing kits, etc. are provided, as well as a few bottles of water per room. A few things I would suggest to the hotel would be to have a refrigerator in every room, and not just by request. Another would be an iron and ironing board. I didn’t miss the iron, but certainly found the refrigerator to be handy to keep a few things chilled. One noticeable factor to me after this being my fifth straight year visiting Mexico, were how comfortable the beds were! What a pleasant change from the usual hard-as-a-board type beds I seem to usually receive while in Mexico.
Breakfast is handy and very good here. Their breakfast juices, especially the green, are fantastic as are their smoothies all included in the rate with breakfast. I had an evening meal here three times and every time was just spectacular. Presentation was incredible and the taste was even better! I happened to be here the night of Super Bowl and the hotel hosted a Super Bowl BBQ party. Their conference room televised the event with a large wall projector as well as the overflow from the party, on the TV in the main bar area. The food was just fantastic and their burgers were to die for.
As what most people have said in their reviews, it certainly is 5 star service at this hotel. One particular staff member I will not soon forget was Luis who was always happy to serve us breakfast every morning.
As I said before, I wouldn’t hesitate to return, and hopefully someday soon, I will!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Indiesmom
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Only one experience with the hotel left a bad taste in my mouth so I will get it out of the way first: on Sunday we went to the front desk to exchange some money and they had NONE! We had only 50 pesos, about $4, and had arranged to hire a cab driver to take us out on a tour. Luckily we had money in the bank at home, so had the cabbie stop at the Scotiabank in Santa Cruz, and withdrew money from the ATM. Only later did we find out from another guest at the hotel, who knows Huatulco very well, that there is a bank in the back of the Elektra store right across the street from The Villa Blanca, and their exchange rate is better! I felt the front desk staff should've advised us of this when they told us they had no money. We were left thinking that they don't want the guests to know about the bank across the street, as it will reduce the money they make on the lower exchange rate. Tip: you need to take your passport to the bank to exchange money.
Now for the good stuff: the staff members are great and the rooms rustic, but clean and comfortable. I agree with all prior positive reviews, so will simply list a few of my observations. The food is very good, but note that if the breakfast buffet doesn't suit your fancy, or you get tired of it, you can order off the breakfast menu, it's included as well. I found the egg dishes on the buffet not as hot as I'd like, so ordered fried eggs and they were great! Their pancakes taste like white cake!
Many people here have advised getting a mini frig for your room, easier said than done. We were unsuccessful for 3 days, so went to the Super Che and bought a Styrofoam cooler for $4. We also used the Super Che for our drinks/beer/water/snacks. We were there pretty well every day. Buy lots of bottled water here, it's cheap and I found the housekeeping staff didn't leave as much as I needed.
First floor rooms have the best patios. They're poolside and you can consume your own food and drinks on them. The 2nd and 3rd floor balconies are basically standing room only, so if you want to have drinks or food by the pool, you're supposed to purchase them from the hotel. Easiest thing to do if you want to save some money is to bring your travel mug along. Mine was never questioned.
Neil, who works the afternoon shift around the pool is great. Jonathan floats around the front lobby, and his English is excellent. If you need assistance, or tips on where to go and how to get there, he's your guy.
For GREAT authentic Mexican food, go to Los Gallos in La Crucecita. All I can say is "awesome!" For an excellent shrimp cocktail, get a cab to take you to the bus station. There are 2 or 3 taco stands lined up at the side of the road, as well as a shrimp stand. He gets there at about 2pm, and for 100 pesos, about $8, you get a large shrimp cocktail, which is served in an old fashioned milkshake glass and garnished with fresh avocado. The shrimp are caught fresh that morning, cooked and cleaned, and you get about 2 dozen of them! Delicious!
Rather than getting to the airport 3 hours early, we took a cab. It cost only 150 pesos, around $12. We met people who paid $47 from the airport to the hotel when they first arrived! Cabs seem to be regulated, a ride will cost the same no matter which taxi you get into, so I'm assuming the cabs AT the airport are for the airport only, hence the inflated cost.
If you love the beach, Huatulco is the place for you. Visit as many different ones as you can. If you're a pool person, the one at Villa Blanca is the perfect temperature, and great for children as there is a shallow area, but the deep end is only 4 feet. Great for cooling off and paddling around, but do visit the public beach club at Chahua Bay across the street. It's a five minute walk down the left side of Elekra, and I liked the pool there better. Tip: use lots of sunscreen.
Huatulco is the only place I've been where I wasn't ready to come home, and the only place I've been that I want to go back to. We're already planning next year's trip to Villa Blanca, but we'll stay 2 weeks. When we got home, I checked the prices and it's only another $30 to stay a second week! What a deal!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tunemistress
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My daughter and I spent a week at Villa Blanca, and really enjoyed ourselves. This hotel was just what we were looking for. It was a smaller, quaint Mexican hotel with great and friendly service.
We met many friendly and nice guests also staying at the hotel, who we loved to visit with during the day and evening.
The beach, Bahia Chahue is a short stroll from Villa Blanca. We walked to Santa Cruz, about 10 minutes. La Cruceita was a 15 minute walk away on the pedestrian boulevard. Super Che Supermarket was a short 5 minute walk (not even), and handy for drinks, and a bank machine.
The restaurant served a delicious breakfast (included in our room rate), and wonderful meals in the evening. On some nights, live music was provided for our entertainment.
The staff was fabulous....I cannot say enough great things about the staff! We were made to feel welcome, and almost like family.
I had paid for a Standard Room, but they were out of Standard Rooms, so my daughter and I were given a Jr Suite on the top floor of the main building.It was very large! Our balcony looked out over the street, but we did not find it noisy.
The pool was lovely, and there were plenty of chairs. Pool service was great, and my daughter and I had a few snacks and drinks poolside.
We were able to use Wifi and our computer poolside but not in our room.
Our room, and the entire hotel was spotlessly clean...and I am very picky!
Two minor things preventing a perfect rating...water pressure in our shower was low, and the water was never really hot (although the weather was so hot, we looked forward to cool showers), and our air conditioner was quite noisy (but we always travel with ear plugs).
We hope to travel back to Huatulco, and Villa Blanca will be our first choice!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family