“Pilo went above and beyond our expectations!”

Pilo Vazquez - Huatulco Tour Guide
Ranked #2 of 35 Tours in Huatulco
More attraction details
Owner description: Sport Fishing - Snorkeling - Bay Tours I operate tours of the Huatulco area including the 9 bays of Huatulco. My boat has room for groups of up to 10 people. I offer tours lasting from a few hours to all day and will provide refreshments for you as we watch dolphins, sea turtles and even whales. I also offer sport fishing tours, snorkelling and waterfall tours.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Pilo went above and beyond our expectations!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My wife wanted to see dolphins and Pilo searched and searched for dolphins. We finally got to see them. Our snorkeling experience was beyond amazing. Pilo really helps you and makes sure you are having a good time. He swims down to the bottom and let's you hold a variety of fish. It is truly an unforgettable experience and we can't wait to bring our kids.

3 Thank nogalessat

Oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Fishing Guide in Huatulco (Maybe Mexico)”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Our family went on a sport fishing trip with Pilo and absolutely loved it. He and his nephew were very knowledgeable and took great care of us. A few people got seasick and Pilo took us all the way back into port so they could return to the hotel and we could take a break. Although the first few hours were fruitless, in the final few we caught Dorado, Tuna, and even a Sailfish. I will definitely be going with Pilo again next time we're in Huatulco.

Wheaton, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Favorite Day of our Trip!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Pilo is a class act--he was very professional and friendly. He genuinely cared that we had fun and went out of his way to show our group a good time. Pilo was very accommodating to the various interests represented in our boat (fishing vs. snorkeling) and made sure everyone had a great trip! Not only did we catch a sailfish (which was awesome!) but Pilo took us out to some of the best snorkeling spots that we have ever been. He also took underwater photos of us holding various fish (he somehow managed to catch all the fish and also brought an underwater camera) and he even sent us all 22 pics following the trip. If I go back to Huatulco, without a doubt I will be contacting Pilo. Thanks Pilo!

1 Thank SOCR12
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT visit Huatulco without spending a day with Pilo!!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went on a honeymoon to Huatulco with my beautiful wife. She was leery of doing anything outside of our all inclusive but after I stumbled upon Pilos Private Tours and read the reviews, I was able to convince her that it would be worth it so we booked a day with Pilo before arriving and couldnt wait. Once the day arrived Pilo picked us up early at our Hotel and off we went to the marina to hop into his boat. I cant overcommunicate enough how good of a person he is and how comfortable we felt with him. We were able to do whatever we wanted and who better to take us around the bays to do it all than a local who grew up there. He had beers, sodas, waters for us in the boat and first we wanted to go out a couple miles offshore and do some fishing. Reeled in a beautiful bluefin tuna and then because my fiance wasnt feeling so good we went back to a small private beach and snorkeled for a bit. Amazing..Pilo actually snorkels with you (not like some of the other guides who just stay in the boat) and I swear he is half man/half fish because he'd swim down be underwater for a minute and then come back up to the surface with a sea creature or fish of some kind for you to hold. And then he'd take pics of it for you! Cant beat that. Then we went to local beach and they cooked the bluefin tuna that we caught. Amazing and I can check that off the bucket list now. Rest of the day we spent snorkeling and seeing the different bays and beauty of Huatulco. I know for sure our day with Pilo was the highlight of our entire vacation. I hope to see him again someday and share in some more experiences.

1 Thank Cory C
Chicago, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Guide!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We booked Pilo based upon the reviews on tripadvisor. The week we were there, there wasn't great fishing and a bunch of people from our hotel went out for a whole day and caught nothing. We weren't lucky enough to catch a huge fish, but Pilo was a great guide to make sure we didn't leave empty handed. We caught about 10 fish (only two of us on the boat) so it was fun to reel them in. We even kept one for dinner that night.

Pilo's English is great as well, if you are hoping for a tour guide and you don't speak Spanish.

Visited April 2014